Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 37th Chapter

Night turned into day; Adeline’s time was up. She would have to decide whether she would continue to stay on tour with Zacky to keep a watchful eye over him or go back home to Huntington Beach. If she kept her place on the tour then she could make sure he wouldn’t go back his alcoholic ways. Yet, if she left, she would be able to pay her bills. These reasons weren’t very convincing to her.

She already knew Matt’s view on this issue. He would tell her to go back home immediately. Asking him would be out of the question. There really wasn’t anyone to ask for help or advice except for one person.

Adeline groaned and pressed her phone against her ear, dreading having to talk to her mother. Nonetheless, she felt a need to. Mothers were supposed to help their children when they needed it.

“Sweet Adeline! How are you?” her mother smiled.

“I’m okay mom…” How was she supposed to tell her mother what she had done? Of course she was going to be scolded for making such a reckless move: driving for two days straight to yell at Zacky. Her mother didn’t like Zacky one bit, yet Adeline could not figure out why.

“Is something bothering you dear?” Mrs. Montalvo asked, worry lacing her voice.

Adeline sighed and sucked her lip. She would have to get this over with. “Mom, I’m in Las Vegas-”

“Why are you there?!”

Slowly losing her patience, Adeline took a few deep breaths. “If you let me finish!” she growled, gripping onto her phone even tighter.

Mrs. Montalvo’s lips bore a thin line. “Go on,” she said sternly.

“I’m here because Zacky was intoxicated out of his mind. I came here to yell about how it could ruin his life.”

“Was that necessary? You could’ve contacted him over the phone.”

“Yes, I could have, but that would’ve solved nothing. I think I got through to him this time. He looked so guilty.”

“Okay. When are you coming home?”

“That’s the thing. I don’t know if I should…”

“Adeline. Stop wasting your life on a boy who will never like you back!”

The words stung and clawed at Adeline’s feelings. It was obvious her mother did not like Zacky, but wasn’t that too harsh? There was such a thing as being honest and being a bitch. Right now, her mother was being a bitch.

Paul Montalvo appeared from out of the shadows and stole the phone from his wife. His wife’s eyes widened as she tried to reach for the phone that was above his shoulders. “Give it back!” she whined.

Paul laughed at her shortness. “I want to talk to my daughter!” he said, shooing his wife away. When he was sure his wife was outside in the garden, he pressed the phone to his ear. “Ady?”

“Dad?” Ady’s mood brightened when she hear her father. She hoped he would be able to help her without screaming at her.

“Hi sweetie! Where are you? I drove by your house yesterday, but you weren’t there.”

“Yeah,” Adeline breathed, bashful. “I’m in Las Vegas with Zacky and his band.”

“Really? How come?”

“I came to give him a lecture about binge drinking.”

“Wow, that sounds like fun…not. Is his addiction very serious?”

“Pretty much. Dad, I don’t know whether to go home or stay.”

Paul scratched the side of his cheek. No wonder why his wife was screaming. If it had something to do with Zacky, she was always the first to disrespect the boy.

“Ady,” Paul began, “Don’t listen to your mother. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about. She’s always been trying to shield you from the world and you’re living and enjoying life for once. Take a chance with this, you need to make your own mistakes. Only then will you learn.”

“Okay,” was Adeline’s only response. Her father’s motivational speech was exactly what she needed. Even if Zacky didn’t have feelings for her, then at least she could make him go cold turkey with his drinking.

As she ended the call with her father, Zacky walked out towards the kitchen area, humming a random tune. He pretended he hadn’t listened in on her conversation with her parents even though he heard everything from her side. He was happy she decided to stay. Maybe he would develop the confidence to tell her that he’d liked her for a long time.

Awhile ago, he decided that he could never drop his feelings for his Ady. It would be different if it was a simple crush, but he realized he had fallen for her. It wasn’t a falling in love type of thing, but a falling for her in the sense that he was willing to give her his everything. It sounded so disbelieving, but it also made sense.

“So…” Zacky said. He hated that he had to start the conversation so awkwardly, but he didn’t know how to approach her.

“Yeah,” was Adeline’s reply.

“I wish you didn’t have to see what they did to me last night,” Zacky groaned.

“Why not?”

“That was deathly embarrassing.”

“It wasn’t too bad,” she giggled.

“Was so! Hey, it looks really nice this morning. Do you want to go for a walk?”

“Sure Zacky, let’s go for a walk.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's the summer, I'm supposed to write more, but that isn't happening. Crap. xD