Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 38th Chapter

“You know that sober thing Gerard is doing?” Zacky asked as he looked at Brian.

Brian placed his guitar magazine on the table and looked at Zacky. “Yeah, he’s been doing that for a few years. Why?” he replied.

“I want her to be proud of me,” Zacky mumbled bashfully.

A soft silence filled the bus besides the occasional sounds of car horns as they passed by on the road. Brian wondered why Zacky was so determined to change after so many years of the same routine. It was then that he realized Zacky was only willing to turn a new leaf because of Ady.

Brian palmed his forehead before his hand was outstretched to Zacky’s face in a manner telling him ‘Let me say what I have to say first.’

“You’re going to give up alcohol—something that’s a big part of your life—for a girl?”

There was no hint of hesitation or humor in Zacky’s eyes as he said, “Yes.”

“You like her,” Brian smirked.

“Shut up, I don’t like her that much.”

“But you still like her, that’s enough for me.”

“Shush! I hear someone!”

The two quieted down as they watched Adeline crawl out of her bunk, her hair still curly because of Val’s boredom the night before. Adeline didn’t notice the two men staring at her as she ran her fingers along the side of her head and trotted towards the bathroom.

“Only a little huh?” Brian smirked.

“Yeah…?” Zacky was so sure when he said it until he analyzed Brian’s grin.

“Then why is she wearing your VU shirt?”

What was Brian trying to say? “I give those to her all the time,” Zacky answered.

Brian tapped his chin. “Yeah but the shirt we just saw is from your private collection. You advertise those for months before making them available to consumers.”

“So?”

“So you like her. Stop being a chicken and tell her.”

“Oh look at the time I have to go check something online!”

“What?”

“Something.”

“Sure.”

There was no use for Zacky to hide anything. Everyone on the bus knew of his rising feelings for Adeline. He thought he was sly and could sneak glances at Adeline before turning away. Little did he know that all of his friends intently watched him whenever they felt the need.

The only person who seemed to be so oblivious to Zacky’s stares was Adeline herself. She was at a roadblock with her thoughts. Why did she stay when she had no reason? She should’ve listened to her mother when she told her not to waste her life over a boy who would never like her. Maybe Adeline should’ve taken a chance and told Zacky she had feelings for him. The chance would never be taken simply on the fact that she was not brave enough.

Her father told her to take a risk, but she was afraid. She knew the feeling of rejection so well with her parents, particularly her mother. Yet, all the times she faced rejection, there was someone there to dull the feeling. It was mostly her father and quite recently, Zacky was the one who helped her. However, if she told Zacky how she felt, who would be there to dull down her feelings of rejection? No one. No one would help her cope, and she was afraid that if she was on her own, she wouldn’t be able to survive the heartbreak.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only about three more chapters left until the story ends.

Oh and there will most likely be an update tomorrow (7/6/10).