Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 4th Chapter

Adeline was enjoying the big view of the beach, tilting her head to the side. Zacky stood far away, observing her. She seemed very shy to him. Maybe a bit too reserved as well.

He didn’t know what was so special about her that lured his family in so easily. To Zacky, she was just another girl. Beauty was not her greatest friend. She had average black hair, average brown eyes, and an average figure; there was nothing striking about her. He just couldn’t understand it!

They stayed at the house a bit longer until Adeline locked it up. She stared off into the distance, twirling some of her hair between her fingers.

“Do you want something to eat?” she asked softly, not making eye contact with him.

His eyebrows knitted together in confusion. “Why?”

“It was wrong of your mom to wake you up when you were asleep, and you deserve a good pick-me-up,” she explained.

Eventually, he agreed with her, letting her lead the way to a restaurant for some food. He wondered why she was so nice to him when she had no reason to be.

She led him to a local Portuguese restaurant. Along the way, people who knew who Zacky was tackled him down, not in a literal sense. He spent half an hour signing autographs, taking pictures, and answering questions thrown at him. Adeline stood from a distance, taking in the scene.

She saw how uncomfortable he was with the excess attention. She pondered why he was so keen to continue his career in music if he couldn’t handle his fans. It didn’t make sense.

After the fans were gone, Zacky apologized to Adeline for the delay. He didn’t apologize for scaring her out of his home. She claimed it was okay that he had a detour with his fans. He searched her facial features for any signs of irritancy, but found none. ‘This girl really does have a lot of patience,’ he thought.

The second they stepped inside the little restaurant, all the workers greeted Adeline with such happiness and warmness, it tickled even Zacky’s heart.

The girl with him said hello to all of them, smiling and waving. That was the only time she did talk though. They ate their food in an awkward silence.

Adeline kept her eyes at her food. Zacky kept his eyes on her. She didn’t notice, of course, because her food seemed to be so remarkable.

At the end of the meal, they both pulled their money out, ready to pay the bill. Adeline blushed when Zacky’s hand touched her hand when they both reached for the slip of paper. He smiled, telling her that he would pay for it since she found him such an amazing house. Her hand tore away from Zacky’s immediately at the words, “amazing house.”

“You’re going to buy it?” she asked enthusiastically.

“I guess I am,” he smirked, secretly putting the amount due on the table for the waitress to pick up.

When lunch was over and done with, the pair walked back to their respective houses. Like Zacky, Adeline also lived with her parents. However, unlike Zacky, she wasn’t ever planning on moving out. Her dear old mother loved that fact and she also believed that her daughter should never live on her own since she was so modest and shy; she would never survive alone in the outside world.

Zacky waved goodbye to her as she did the same, flashing him a sweet smile before walking into the house. They both walked into their houses, taking a deep breath.

She had just one personal meeting with him and she liked him. That was not good, was it?

Zacky didn’t get to have a real conversation with her at all but he noticed so much about her. People always thought he was nothing more but a man; all he cared about were boobs and ass, but he was so much more than that. He actually paid attention. He actually observed the girl.

He saw that simple things intrigued her, simple things such as the beach. When one live in a place such as California, the beach was an everyday thing. One never found real beauty out of it compared to say, a Texan would. But Adeline, he could see that she still had that spark in her eyes whenever she saw the ocean. She still had the spark only the little kids had towards the beach.

He also saw that she was so shy, yet her face seemed to light up when all the workers in the restaurant said hello to her.

His conclusion came to this: her greatest pleasure was to make others happy. He wasn’t too sure if she put other’s happiness before her own, but even he could tell she had a very good heart; someone that was very difficult to find in this time period.

At that moment, Zacky decided that he would help Adeline. He would help her break out of her protective shell. That would be his goal for however long he had until he had to go back on tour. He was going to make it so the shyness she had now would be a thing of the past in the next couple months. He was going to show her his world, and he hoped she would show him her own.