Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 9th Chapter

It was the day Zacky would leave his parents’ home for good. Well, unless he was going to go over and mooch off their food. Either than that, it was the day it would be his last time in his parents’ house. His room seemed so bare with all the furnishings dissembled or put away in boxes.

25 years of Zacky’s life flashed before his eyes like a motion picture. He remembered when he was five and woke up Christmas morning with a big stack of presents on his bed. He remembered when he was 11 years old and Matt was only four; they played camp inside his room for Matt’s birthday. He remembered when he was 14 and played his first song—by ear—for the first time in his life. He remembered when he was 18 and helped create Avenged Sevenfold. He remembered how just one year ago, the band finally got their big break.

He was sitting on his bed, playing the guitar parts to some of their newest songs. He wasn’t quite comfortable with playing his parts just yet so practice was essential. That morning he got a call from a frantic Brian who couldn’t slow down his speech to save his life.

After some coaxing, Brian finally breathed and almost literally screamed in a hushed whisper that their band would play a part in Ozzfest. From there, a larger fan community developed for the band, their popularity grew, they traveled the world, and even headlined their own tour.

Zacky sighed happily; he had so many memories in just this one room. He was slightly sad to leave but he knew that it was time to start a new chapter in his life. He needed to become independent.

Picking up the last box marked ‘Music’ in his now lifeless room, Zacky descended the stairs. He walked past the kitchen and living room, bidding them silent farewells. He passed the always-green front lawn, seeing holographic images of himself and Jimmy wrestle on the grass over who was a better singer.

Packing the last box in the trunk of his car, Zacky closed the trunk soundly and started his way to his new house. On the way there, he pondered where he should put his newly bought furniture. He only had his bedroom furnishings set up since he decided to continue to use them for his room at the beach house.

“Oh well, worry about it later,” Zacky said to himself as he parked against the sand. The new furniture wouldn’t arrive until a few more days anyways. He popped the trunk open and slammed his front door shut.

Adeline heard the slam of a car door. Her head perked up. She jogged to the front door and swung the door open. She saw Zacky walk towards the back of his car and pull out a few boxes of his belongings. She walked over to him, giving him a shy smile before taking the boxes from his hands and escorting them into his uninhabited living room.

The view of the beach today was especially breathtaking. The sun’s rays cascaded the gentle waves, giving off a shimmering glow. It was very rare for the beach to look this beautiful and utopian.

Through the living room window, Adeline stared out to the water in a dazed state. Zacky laughed from behind her. ‘There she goes admiring the beach again.’

Adeline turned around. Zacky was leaning against the doorframe, watching her. Her cheeks flushed a rose color as she looked at the ground. Zacky shook his head, a smirk on his lips. He walked up to her, her back facing him once again. When he was in reaching distance, he leaned his upper body close to her ear, shut his eyes, and took a deep breath.

“If you love the view of the beach so much, why don’t you just move in with me?” he whispered, not yet touching her.

The goose bumps rose above her skin like an electric shock. Her body grew rigid as she attempted to rack her brain to give Zacky a straight answer.

“I can’t do that. I’ve never moved out before and I’m invading your space as it is.” However, it was he that was invading her space.

“It’s okay, you need to get out more either way,” he claimed, stepping in front of her.

She shook her head, denying it. “I just can’t.”

He opened his mouth to say something else but she left, saying she had to go run an errand for her mom before the day ended.
♠ ♠ ♠
After I reach double-digit chapters, more things are going to happen and it'll be more exciting I swear!