Status: On hold. One of the writers does not have internet

Into the Void

Unfinished Business

Joshua walks away from Aimee's house, content with how the day had actually gone. He knows he's becoming closer with the feeble girl and it is only a matter of time before he can fully move in. Stefan is becoming much of a nausence, but in order to keep his plan in tact, he knows he must simply ignore the ignorant being.

Joshua can still feel the tingling in his arms, chest and hands from the slight brush of friction between him and Aimee. The small amount of energy he was able to consume from the tiny girl lingers dangerously in his physical being. He feels his lips pull into a small smirk as he thinks of how much further he can go with this.

Thoughts ramble through his mind as he takes a turn up his front steps. If he feels as good as he does now with just a breath of energy from Aimee, he wonders how powerful he'll feel when he drains her dry. Joshua pulls open his screen door and steps into the home. The woman, who's red hair still brushes against her shoulders, turned in his direction.

"Joshua,"She frowns slightly."it's late. What exactly did you do at that girl's house?"

"Um,"He scratches at the back of his head nervously."we ate?"

"That's a long dinner."She chuckles lightly."What are they, Italian?"

Joshua chuckles half heartidly in the woman's direction, just so keep her quiet. He wants to simply rush into the physical boy's room and dispose of the body. Joshua is able to leave the body on free will and let the boy sleep soundly in his bed. It's as if he has no idea that a bad entity is taking over him.

When Joshua penetrates the body of the boy, he puts the physical mind at rest, as if he is sleeping this whole time. When he finally awakens, free of any spirit, he is only tired and found restless. It is a win win for Joshua, because he can come and go as he pleases. He pushes open the bedroom door and cringes at the room.

Posters and pictures litter the walls, as well as clean, or even dirty, clothes pile up on the floor. Even though this is a teenage boy's room, Joshua would think that it would be kept even slightly tidy. He sits back on the bed and takes in a deep breath. Aimee is at her weakest point that Joshua was able to get her to.

In order for him to follow through with his plan, he must relieve this physical body of it's soiled soul. He lies back on the comfortable bed and closes his eyes. He breaths in thick, deep breaths as he feels himself eminate from within the boy's body. His fingertips brush lightly against the fabric of the bed as he pulls himself away.

Joshua arches his back in order to give himself a boost and within moments, he is free floating within the messy room. The boy rolls onto his side and digs his hands under his pillows, only to yawn and stir. The black mass that Joshua now claims slowly seeps through the cracks in the windows, where he skitters through the shadows toward Aimee's home.

He finds himself within arms reach of her bedroom window, where she is lying peacefully on her bed. He can see Stefan move his transparent lips in response to her words, and is soon moving further away. Joshua knows that Stefan knows the truth about him, but so long as he plays coy and innocent, he has Aimee wrapped around his meaty fingers.

Joshua slithers through the open window when he is more than sure Stefan had gone and growls lowly. He watches as Aimee's warm breath slowly turns cold, sending the mist to form from her lips when exhaling. Joshua takes a step forward and listens as a moan of discomfort escapes Aimee's small lips.

Suddenly Stefan shouts out and nearly forces Aimee from her bed. Joshua turns his head in the direction of the shouting and finds Stefan himself barreling into the bedroom. It isn't long before Joshua is taken down to the ground, finding that even in the spirit world, pain is inevitable. Aimee reaches out for something by her bed, but Joshua isn't concerned.

She is weak and those who are weak are unable to protect themselves against the stronger spirits. Joshua feels his arms mold and push out of his black mass, where he then pulls back a fist and connects it with Stefan's jaw. He watches as his hit makes contact and a black mass flows smoothly over Stefan's face.

Joshua reaches forward, in an attempt to drain Stefan of what energy he had, when a bright light is shown on the both of them. Joshua shrieks out in pain, as the light forces his darkness to reach out for any type of shadow. He can no longer take the heat and within seconds, both Stefan and Joshua disappear.

Joshua lifts his head up, content in the small amount of shadows he is blessed with and scowls. He can feel the presence of Stefan only meters away from him, but is unable to see the light coloured being. Joshua whips his head left and right, finding that no matter where he look, it is only darkness that he finds.

This scares Joshua, because it was only a matter of time before his physical body would be able to reject him. Joshua would have to find a new person to cling to and that was going to be difficult. He had a quick streak of luck, but luck doesn't last long when your soul is damned from living.

Joshua watches as a small light forms within the blackness and feels his lips pucker up into an evil, conniving smile. He had yet to finish with Stefan and he now had the chance to drain him dry. Regardless if Joshua lost his physical being, he would be sure that he could walk away from the shadows with enough energy from Stefan to get at Aimee.

"We aren't finished yet, Stefan."