Status: On hold. One of the writers does not have internet

Into the Void

"I'm Joshua."

I wait in my bed for Stefan, but it's been two hours. The bed feels more and more comfortable by the minute. My body curls up against the pillow. I'm aching for my best friend. I hope he is okay.

*****


"I'm going...UNNNDEEEERRRR!" My arm clock buzzes with sound. Time for school. I stuff my face into the pillow, pausing for Stefan to urge me to get up. I wait for five minutes.

It's silent in my room. Where is Stefan?

Either way I had to go to school. I crawl out of bed. There are many choices on clothes for me, but I just stick with the usual. Pulling the jeans over my panties I tried to multitask to find a shirt to wear. It ended with me, nearly falling, on my face. Stefan never watched me undress, but he was there to help me with everything. To bring me a shirt he liked, or socks. He was so helpful with me.

Arthur is awake and laying on the couch. He's eating a breakfast burrito. In between bites he says he made an extra one for me. He might be a total asshole, but he was good to me. I was fed everyday, and always had clothes to wear. I wish him a good day and run to catch my bus.

I don't have a driver's license so I ride the schools profited transportation. I sit towards the back so I can still have a conversation with Stefan. The bus is half full like every other day. I pass my peers as they snicker rumors about me. School seriously sucks; I'm glad this is my last year.

When I sit in my seat, like everyday, I place my bag in the spot next to me. Over the years nobody sat with me. I keep the bag these so it looks less weird. Stefan usually sits next to me, starting rumors himself about the bitch, Jessica Warner.

In eighth grade she told our class I tried to make out with her. When that lie was proved wrong she told people how I talk to myself. How I'm a witch and if anyone talks to me they will go crazy too. All my friends believed her. She had a vendetta against me since I took the lead roll in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Normally played as a boy, I got the part. Jessica was mad because she wanted to be Veruca Salt and her boyfriend be Willy. They wanted to both get parts as a couple. He got stuck with Oompa Loompa number three.

It's been chaos since.

Jessica looks behind her at myself, almost knowing I'm thinking about her. I smile and wave at her. Huffing, she turns back around, whispering to one of her many friends.

The bus starts to fill up, but there are only two seats with one passenger. I begin to panic. The bus starts to slow down anyway. It's a new stop. I stand in my seat, wanting to see who it was. I only hope he chooses the other seat.

A young man, around my age, steps aboard. The driver welcomes him and tells him to choose a seat. His green eyes narrow toward me. Immediately I pretend I weigh five times my weight by laying across the seat. If he sat here that means Stefan can't. That cannot happen.

The guy had fire red hair; a serious ginger. Jessica watches him, not menacing, but just watches as he passes her and heads to me. I cover my face, wishing he would ignore me. His foot steps stop beside me and I peek.

"Can I sit with you, please?" The guy asks, his voice smooth and chilling.

I shake my head. "Someone sits here." I squeak.

A coy smile appears. He picks up my bag and sits himself down before I can stop him. "Nice try, I know I'm the last stop." I grunt in reply.

He's much taller than my 5'3 stature. I look up at him, stunned by what I see. There was something off by his aura, but it might have been because he is in a bad mood.

"I'm Aimee."

He takes my hand in a shake. An electric current moves though us, sending him in a shock. "Ow!" The boy immediately puts his damaged finger into his mouth. Ew.

"I'm Joshua." I grimace.

I look around, maybe to see if Stefan is hiding from me.

"Who are you looking for?" Joshua asks, taking his hand away from his mouth.

I shake my head. "It's just curiosity." My eyes glance at Jessica. She is watching us. Jessica likes Joshua. Smiling, I sit closer to him, just to make her mad. Just the normal teenage girl thing to do.

When the bus stops at school, I feel like I had ran a mile. I was exhausted. It might be from Stefan not being here and I'm just wanting to be home. Joshua follows me, carrying my bag for me. At least he pisses off Jessica. I have more reasons to be worried though; it's high school after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Also, again to my amazing editor <3 Leave her some love! (The co-writer)