Raven's View

Observing.

Silent fluttering oil black feathers. Beating gracefully against the cold dark drafty night sky. A soft tainted glow shifting in yellow painted swirls in the thick fog. An old concrete ledge protruding out from beneath the source of light. Silky dark mass gliding down slowly, beautiful black feathered wings spreading out in full glory before tucking swiftly back to the whole. The shadow against shadows perching on the ledge. Beady blank eyes scanning all surroundings in two fast glances, till the creature slightly relaxes.

Up close, the soft glow is coming from a spider cracked glass window. A few shards of glass here and there completely missing. Peering in with curiosity, the creature observes blurry shapes. One of the slender shapes, slowly moving. The creatures head cocks to the side, to look more intently at the scene before it. It's mind racing ahead, something falling through. Colors splash into the scene, as if someone spilled brilliant colored paint on a grey canvas. Whites, blacks, blues, reds, greens, all these hues of colors coming into play. A woman stood, unsteadily swaying back and forth. The shocking contrast of her snow white pale face, as if all signs of blood had been drained from her. Though smudges of red along her head and arms, some even trickling down her legs. Torn cotton blouse and shirt, the white fabric dotted with stains of blood. The creature's eyes noted her wearily as she stripped of her clothing and slid into the basin of water. Her body rested calmly in the water, her hair seeming alive as it swayed like long grass in a field over her chest and shoulders. The clear water surrounding the woman tinged pink by the excess blood that had mingled in. After a few pauses of her laying, her body convulsed slightly before going completely limp in the basin.

The creature stayed perched there, hour by hour just watching the still form before it. Waiting for the weakest movement to occur, but nothing ever happened. The sky above it spread in a soft orange, the sun taking no time this early morning to boast it's brilliant shades. With a soft sound of sadness the creature spread out it's vast wings and sprang out to the welcoming sky. Fog shifting and mixing, thinning out. As the black mass gracefully flew off to the horizon a loud eerie caw sounded from it.

A simple call of the Raven.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter makes no sense, but I like it a lot.

-kmb.