Broken Hearted on the Mend

Chapter 26

Rhiannon's Point of View

Five months have passed since I returned to Emmett and the life that I knew I was supposed to live. I still saw Kira and Rosalie every other two weekends every month. I went down to the reservation and saw Leah and met her brother Seth. I adored Seth. He was so outgoing and happy and just a kid. He always made me laugh and I liked it. He was sweet and caring and I knew he loved his older sister. Renesmee had me wrapped around her little finger the minute I laid eyes on her. She was absolutely adorable. She grew rather fast and at first that scared me because I thought that something was wrong with her, but both Bella and Edward had reassured me that she was just fine.

Apparently Renesmee was half-human and half-vampire, which was the reason for her rapid growing. When I first met Jacob I thought that he was an arrogant jerk because he seriously acted like one. I had asked Edward one day why he was always over at the mansion and he just laughed. I told him what I thought of him, which made him laugh even more. I finally shoved his shoulder and he had explained to me the complications of imprinting. When he told me that he had imprinted on Renesmee shortly after she had been born I was appalled. Edward gave me a hug because he had confessed that he never really liked Jacob.

After that I had grown to tolerate him and his dry humor. I still didn't care for him all that much, but I could at least tolerate him to an extent. Emmett and I were getting closer every day and I was excited for the upcoming wedding that we were going to have. I allowed Alice to plan the whole thing and she was absolutely excited. I had to tighten the leash that I had on the wedding plans a few times because it seemed like Alice was going a little over board. Before I told Alice that she could plan the wedding I told her what I had dreamed my wedding would be and how small I wanted it. Alice said that she would create the perfect wedding on my conditions.

Emmett and I still made love sometimes, but I could tell that he was always worried about something. He wouldn't tell me what when I brought it up, but I couldn't dwell on it at the moment. One day two weeks after our last wonderful night together I started feeling a little queasy and dizzy. I couldn't understand why, but it was freaking me out. I didn't tell anyone because I wanted to make sure of what was really going on with my body before I told anyone.

I began eating a little more than I wanted to and I was always sleeping when I shouldn't be. I had a theory as to my current behavior and I was hoping that no one else noticed the change. I spent more time with my secret friends because I was afraid of what Emmett would say. I talked to Rosalie and Kira and Kira confirmed my suspicion about my condition. I checked four times before I finally believed it. I was pregnant with Emmett's baby and I wasn't sure how I was going to break the news to him. I was scared to tell him, so I called Bella.

"Hello," she answered.

"Are you alone," I asked.

"Who is this," she asked.

"Rhia," I answered.

"What's wrong Rhia," she asked.

"Are you alone," I asked again.

"No, but I can meet you somewhere," she replied.

I looked at Rosalie and Kira asking with my eyes to see if they would allow her come over here. They nodded their heads.

"Can you come to Seattle and to my friend's house so I can talk to you here," I asked.

"Of course I can. Do you want Leah to come with me," she asked.

"No, just you please," I replied holding back the tears that I could feel pricking their way through my eyes.

"Alright, I'll see you in a few minutes," she replied and then hung up.

I turned to Rosalie and Kira.

"Are you going to disguise yourselves or reveal yourselves to Bella," I asked.

Rosalie hesitated. Ever since she had been reincarnated she was adamant on keeping herself secret from the family that she once loved and still did love. I watched as she struggled with her thoughts.

"If you don't want to yet you don't have to," I said quietly.

"I know, but I can't keep hiding. I'm only speaking for myself here and I can trust Bella to keep my identity a secret for awhile," Rosalie said.

"Alright, and what about you Kira," I asked.

"I agree with Rosalie. Neither of us can keep hiding. Besides from what you both say Bella seems to be really nice," Kira smiled.

"Alright, but let me tell her my news first," I said.

"Of course, we'll stay in the back bedroom until you're ready for us to come out," Kira said rubbing my arm.

I hugged them both. I knew Bella was going to be surprised when she found out that Rosalie was alive still, but I wasn't sure how she would handle me being pregnant. This didn't seem to be a normal pregnancy anyway, which was odd since according to Rosalie I should already be big enough to give birth because of the accelerated growth of a half-vampire and half-human baby.

That part really freaked me out especially when Rose told me that Bella had actually died in the process, which was why she was now a vampire. I wasn't even showing yet, which was in retrospect odd since I had slept with a vampire multiple times. Rose and Kira walked to their respected rooms just as a knock on the door. I opened it up revealing Bella with a look of worry on her face. I let her in and then closed the door.

"Where are your friends," she asked.

"They are busy working in their bedrooms. They might come out later," I answered quickly.

"Okay, so what's wrong? You sounded scared on the phone," Bella said.

"I'm pregnant," I answered getting to the point.

"You're pregnant," she whispered.

"Yeah, I took four tests to make sure," I said.

"But that's impossible," she countered.

"Why," I asked.

"Well, because of the fact that when a human makes love with a vampire, well a female human and a male vampire that is, they get pregnant within weeks after the deed is done,"
Bella answered.

"You mean you're saying that I should have been pregnant five months ago," I asked.

"Exactly," Bella said.

"I have other news for you as well, but you have to promise me that you will not tell anyone.
Especially Emmett and Edward until the time is right," I said.

"I promise," Bella said immediately.

"I'm going to introduce you to my friends. They wanted to keep themselves a secret for some time because they felt as if they might not have been accepted into the family right
away," I told her.

"You know Esme and Carlisle though Rhia. They would accept anyone into the family," Bella said her voice sounding really doubtful that was the real reason behind all the secrecy.

"Well, I guess so," I said sheepishly.

"Alright, so your friends are male or female," she asked.

"Female and they aren't human, "I said hastily.

"What do you mean they aren't human," she asked.

"I mean that they are vampires, but they only eat animals like you and the Cullens do," I replied my words coming out in a rush.

Bella stood there in the living room of the apartment speechless.

"Kira could you come here," I called looking at the farthest room of the apartment.

The door opened and Kira stepped out. I watched as she walked down the hallway and stood in front of Bella. Bella hesitated a second and then she put on a 100-watt smile and held out her hand.

"The name's Bella Cullen," she said.

"Kira Brinkman," Kira replied with a smile of her own.

Bella turned to me and so did Kira. They seemed to have hit it off.

"I'm going to see what's taking my other friend. She can get a bit shy sometimes," I lied.

The truth was, was that I needed to make sure she was actually ready to reveal herself to a family member after six years of being allegedly dead, or rather destroyed. I walked to Rosalie's room and knocked lightly and then entered. Rosalie was staring out of her window. When she heard the door close behind me she turned to me. Fear written all over her face.

"I don't think I can do this Rhiannon," she said suddenly.

"You said yourself that Bella can keep this a secret from the rest of the family," I said.

"I know that, but now that she's actually here in the apartment, I'm not sure anymore," she replied in a low whisper that I had to strain my ears in order to hear her.

I walked over to her and gave her a hug. She returned it gently so as not to break me or hurt me in any way.

"If you don't want to see her yet I can come up with a lie or you can change your appearance," I said softly.

"No, I can't chicken out now," she said firmly.

"What do you want me to do now," I asked.

"Don't announce me at all. I will just come out of my room about five minutes after you do.
Just tell them that I'm changing my clothes," she said with a wry smile.

I smiled at her and left the room.

"Sorry, she's just changing her clothes. She'll be out in five minutes," I told Bella and Kira.

In exactly five minutes Rosalie's door opened and Bella looked over. I concentrated my eyes on Bella's reaction. By the looks of things she was shocked to see her dead sister standing before her. She immediately stood up and took one step towards her, but then suddenly stopped.

"Sorry, it's just you look exactly like my sister who died six years ago," she said sadly.

"Bella, it is me," Rosalie answered.

Bella's head snapped up.

"Rosalie," she whispered her lower lip trembling as if she wanted to cry.

Rosalie nodded her head with a smile plastered on her face. Bella ran at super human speed at Rosalie. She hugged her briefly before pulling away from her. The next thing I saw shocked me. Bella slapped her across the face.

"Bella," I shrieked.

"No Rhiannon, it's fine. I deserved it," she said solemnly.

"How could you stay away from the family for six straight years," Bella hissed.

"I'm sorry," Rosalie whispered.

"Do you know what you did to Emmett," Bella asked harshly.

"I do. I watched you all grieve," she said.

"Then why did you do it Rosalie," she asked incredulous.

"If you sit down I will explain everything on one condition," Rosalie answered.

"Wait, please don't tell me if the one condition is to keep this all a secret," Bella said.

"Bella please do this for me. I promise to tell the others sometime soon, but not right now.
Especially since Rhiannon is getting married soon," Rosalie said.

"If Emmett knew you were alive he would be happy. He blames himself for not trying to save you," Bella argued.

As much as I wanted to finish listening to this conversation I couldn't. My stomach clenched involuntarily and I barely made it to the bathroom where I threw up the entire contents of my stomach. I sat in front of the toilet bowl in case this sickness reared its ugly head again. Low and behold it did. After my stomach was completely empty I brushed my teeth with the toothbrush that I kept there and splashed cool water on my face. I then looked at my stomach and rubbed it gently. When I made it back to the living room Rosalie and Bella were still arguing.

"I'm not going to get in between Rhiannon and Emmett. My destiny is elsewhere," Rosalie said her voice rising an octave.

"Rosalie you love Emmett though," Bella tried to counter.

"No Bella I don't anymore. He loves Rhiannon and I can see that. I'm okay with that and if I wasn't then oh well I would have had to get used it anyway. He moved on and I'm glad. I will find my true soul-mate someday as well, so please drop the subject if you want to hear why I kept myself hidden these past six years, but my condition stays and it's a condition that will be final. If you don't like that one single condition, then you don't need to know until I tell the rest of the family," Rosalie said glaring at Bella.

I watched the argument my eyes darting back and forth between the two. They weren't sisters by blood, but they sure as hell acted like they were. I appreciated what Rosalie had said about not wanting to get in between me and Emmett, but if he still loved her and couldn't fully get over her, then maybe I would have to accept that too. As I was moving my eyes back and forth I felt a wave of dizziness wash over my entire body. I began to sway or rather the room in front of me began moving in all directions until I pressed my hand against my forehead.

I groaned which alerted Rosalie and Bella. They looked at me and so did Kira. Just as I saw the ground come up at me everything went black.

Third Person Point of View

"Rhiannon," Rosalie exclaimed as she watched her friend start to fall to the ground.

Rosalie didn't hesitate. She ran forward and caught her before she could even hit the hard wood floor.

"Rhiannon," Kira said shaking her friend gently.

Rhiannon didn't move, but she was still breathing, which made all of them exhale in relief. Rosalie took action after that.

"Bella get Carlisle on the phone and tell him to come here immediately," she said sharply.

"What about your secret that you want to keep," she countered.

"Bella I am not going to argue with you about this. It was my decision alright. Get over it and do as I say so that we can figure out what is wrong with Rhia," she growled back.

"She's pregnant," Bella said.

"I don't trust those over the counter tests. Besides, I've done extensive research on pregnancy and fainting is not normal," Rosalie said curtly.

Bella was rendered speechless and then took out her cell phone and dialed Carlisle's number.

"Dr. Cullen speaking," he answered.

"Carlisle, it's Bella," Bella replied.

"What's wrong," he asked urgently.

"I need you to not ask questions right now, but could you come to Rhiannon's friend's apartment in Seattle," she asked.

"Of course, I'll be there shortly," he said.

"Thanks," Bella murmured and then hung up.

Over in the Forks, Carlisle had just hung up the phone after talking with Bella. He was rather curious as to why she would want him to go see Rhiannon's friends, but most of all why Bella was visiting her friends in the first place. He closed the book he had been reading and grabbed his ever present medical bag and left his study.

"Esme, I'm going to the hospital to check on some patients," he called as he walked down the stairs.

"It's Saturday though Carlisle," she said.

"I know, but it's quite urgent and they just called," he said.

"Alright, well be careful out there," she said.

"I will. I hope to be back soon," he said giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

Carlisle got into his car and drove off towards Seattle. When he arrived at the apartment building he walked in and knocked on the door to the apartment.

Rosalie heard the knock and made sure that Rhia was being watched by Kira and Bella before she went and answered the door. When she did Carlisle's expression and the soft thud of his medical bag hitting the floor told her that she was shocked.

"Rosalie is that really you," he asked.

"No time to explain. Rhiannon fainted and we don't know why," Rose said quickly handing the medical bag back to Carlisle.

Carlisle rushed forward and took some blood for some tests to run at the local emergency room in Seattle. Before he left though he made sure that Rosalie would explain when he came back. Rhiannon woke up soon after Carlisle left.

She sat up rubbing her head and looking confused.

"Are you alright Rhiannon," Rose asked urgently.

"I think so. What happened to me," she answered.

"You fainted. Carlisle came to check you out and he took some blood for some tests. He'll back soon with results," Bella answered.

"is it because of the baby," she asked.

"We don't know exactly, which is why Carlisle took some blood," Rosalie replied smoothly.

"So Carlisle knows that you are alive still," she wondered.

"He does and he's expecting an explanation when he gets back with the test results,"
Rosalie smirked.

"I'm sorry Rose," Rhia said.

"For what," she asked.

"For ruining your secret," she replied sadly.

"Rhia, it's not your fault at all. I was planning on telling them soon anyway," Rose smiled down at Rhia.

"Will you tell Emmett now," she asked.

"I think it would be for the best. Carlisle can keep the secret for only so long from Edward and Alice," Rose said.

Rhiannon smiled up at Rose. There was a knock on the door and Kira opened it to reveal Carlisle with some files in his hand.

"I have the test results," he said firmly.

"What's the verdict doc," Rhiannon chuckled.

"One thing is obvious. You are seven weeks pregnant, but the reason you fainted is still unclear. It's very odd for a pregnant woman to faint all of a sudden. From my analysis I can only conclude that it was stress from something," he said giving Rosalie a hard, cold stare.

"Carlisle thank you for confirming my pregnancy. Now, I'm pretty sure that you want to hear why Rosalie, I mean, how Rosalie can still be alive. I'll let her explain, but first I think we should all explain it to everyone back at the house," Rhiannon said.

"Rhiannon's right Carlisle and I promise to explain everything when we get there," Rosalie said.

"Alright Rose. I will make sure everyone is home," he said and whipped out his cell phone.

It took him several seconds and when he was done he confirmed that everyone was waiting for us. It was agreed that Rhiannon would announce her news first and then Rosalie would walk in. The fact that Rosalie was finally revealing herself to everyone was huge, but Rosalie knew that she had to do it.

She knew that this time would have eventually come to pass, but truthfully she was finally glad that it was here. She was getting tired of hiding herself from the family that loved her and took her in all these years before she had 'died'. The all filed out of the apartment and headed towards the three cars. Carlisle took his Mercedes. Rhiannon and Bella took Bella's Ferrari and Kira and Rosalie took HANA and they all drove off towards the mansion.