Broken Hearted on the Mend

Chapter 34

Rhiannon's Point of View

I opened my eyes, but I didn't see any of my family. Instead my eyes were blinded with a white light that was so bright I had shut my eyes quickly and then slowly reopen them so that they would adjust to the bright light.

"What's going on," I asked myself since my family was nowhere in sight.

"Rhiannon," a sweet female voice echoed all around me.

"Who's there," I asked making a full circle turn.

"Don't be afraid Rhiannon," the voice replied.

"Who are you," I asked again.

"My name is Gracie Justicia and I have chosen you to keep my legacy alive, just like my sister Brianna chose Kira to keep her legacy alive," Gracie said materializing in front of me.

"Why did you choose me," I asked.

"I had a vision of the future before my downfall all those years ago. I saw you hanging out with your best friend Kira and I told my sister about you two. She didn't believe me, but when we both found out that Correia betrayed us we knew that we had to make a move," she said.

"What do you mean Correia betrayed you," I questioned confused.

"Correia was a young girl that Brianna accidentally changed one year. Correia played it off as she was okay with the whole being a vampire thing, but she truly wasn’t. Aro, the leader of the Volturi figured it out and used that against her in order to bring us down," Gracie explained.

"You're not angry with her are you," I asked.

"No, I know for a fact that Correia wouldn't have done that if we had sat down and talked about her true feelings. I saw a glimpse of her in Rosalie, which is why I banished her spirit before the whole battle," Gracie said.

"Banished her spirit?"

"Yes, in order for my sister and I to remain alive in our spirit forms we had to banish hers as well since she was the one who caused it to happen. Ever since then Brianna, Correia, and myself have been living in limbo until you and Kira were born. Rosalie was born before you two so Correia's spirit left sooner than we expected. Her powers didn't truly show up until Kira brought her back from the ashes of death," Gracie said.

"So, what exactly do I have to," I asked.

"You, my dear, need to embrace the gifts that I have passed down to you. Don't be afraid of them. You still have most of your humanity, so don't be afraid to love your fully human son. My powers were able to help him grow a little faster along with your twin girls, so that when they were born he would survive as well," Gracie said.

"You saved my son," I asked feeling tears prick at my eyes.

"Yes, because even though I saw you ruling our vampire world, I also saw your children ruling a different kind of world," she said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that your children are destined to rule a different vampire world. The young Guardians have already met you and explained their story. You've promised to help them as long as they help you. They will keep their word as long as you keep yours," Gracie said.

"How do I help them," I asked.

"Your children are the key to them finding peace at last. If you can allow your children to live on the other side of the country for the rest of their lives, then that's how you can fulfill your promise to them," Gracie answered.

"Tell me more about the powers," I said wanting to get to know more about myself.

"Your powers consist of visions of future and past events, humanity, the normal vampire speed and strength, the inability to resist animal blood, the ability to resist human blood and never crave it, and most of all you have the ability to absorb any power that is used against you," Gracie said.

"So, if Jasper tries to mess with my emotions, then I will have that ability," I asked.

"Yes, but it won't last very long unless he keeps doing it," Gracie said.

"How am I supposed to defeat Aro and his brothers?"

"I tried to control them and make them do something that they totally despised. That was my downfall. You can't try to control them, it's impossible to keep controlling something that will continue to fight against the rule. You have to ultimately surprise him and keep him off of his guard," Gracie said.

"How exactly did they turn Correia against you and Brianna," I asked.

"A young girl named Chelsea had the power to change allegiances. She found the weak connection in Correia and used that to her advantage," Gracie said.

"Do you think that will happen again?"

"No. As I've been quite dormant for some time within you, I have noticed your love for Rosalie and Kira alike. Rosalie's loyalties to Kira run deeper than Correia's initially ran for Brianna and me. That alone will keep you three together and standing stronger than Aro will ever know," Gracie smiled warmly.

"Will you guide me through everything," I asked.

"What do you mean," she asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"When I'm training with my powers, will you guide me so that I don't accidentally hurt someone," I clarified.

"Of course, but remember first and foremost to believe in yourself and don't let the fear run your life," she advised.

"I won't. I promise," I smiled at her.

"Now, I think it's time for you to head back to your family. Just remember that if you have any questions of me, I will always be here. All you have to do to come back here is touch the tattoo on the back of your shoulder," she smiled.

"Thank you. I will not let you down at all," I said.

"I have faith in you," she said.

Her image started to disappear and I felt my vision go dark again.

Emmett's Point of View

I had sat with Rhiannon's unconscious body and waited for her to wake up. Two days had passed and I was getting a little worried. Kira reassured me that everything would be fine. Rosalie had been out for a week when she had finally connected with her second spirit. I held her hand in mine and then kissed her forehead. I turned away from her sleeping body for one second when I felt her move.

My head snapped in her direction almost immediately.

"Rhia," I asked hoping that she was waking up finally.

"Hey baby," she smiled up at me.

"Are you okay," I asked.

"I'm perfectly okay. I found out some information that Rosemarie and Dimitri need to know, and of course you as well," she said placing her hand on my cheek.

I leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

"You know, I just remembered something," I said with a grin.

"What's that," she asked.

"We still haven't had a wedding," I said.

"Are you proposing," she wondered.

"I think I am," I grinned.

"I would love to be your wife, but we need to take care of some things first," she said.

"I figured as much," I said.

"Can you get everyone in here," she questioned.

I nodded my head and looked up into the room. My family was already in the room and Rosemarie, Dimitri, and the rest of their group were on their way in. Rhiannon sat up from the couch and I sat down next to her.

"Rhiannon you're awake," Kira said sounding shocked.

"Yes, Gracie wanted me to come back to the family. She wanted me to explain something that she clued me in on," she said.

"What is it," Kira asked.

"Rosemarie," Rhiannon started.

"Please call me Rose, I despise my entire first name," Rose grimaced.

"Sorry, Rose, I've found your new rulers of your world," Rhiannon said.

"What do you mean Rhia," I asked confused.

Rose sat forward in her seat waiting with baited breath.

"Before I tell you, do you swear to help us in our mission," Rhia asked to clarify.

"Definitely, you helped us so the least we could do is return the favor," Rose said.

"Emmett, where are our kids," Rhiannon asked.

"Asleep," he said.

"I need them downstairs," Rhiannon said calmly.

I furrowed my brows as I stood up. I rushed upstairs and grabbed Adrian and Emma.
Rosalie was behind me and she grabbed Nadia for me. We returned downstairs and
Rosalie sat down on the other side of Rhiannon who had moved to the center of the couch.

She took Adrian from me and I held onto Emma.

"Rhiannon, what's going on," I asked completely confused.

"Rose, these three here are your future queens and advisor," Rhiannon said gesturing to
Adrian, Nadia, and Emma.

"WHAT," I exploded rather loudly.

"Emmett, keep your voice down," Rhiannon hissed.

"What the hell are you talking about," I asked.

"If you stop exploding on me I will explain," she replied.

I sat back down and waited for Rhiannon's explanation.

"When I was talking with Gracie she told me a lot of interesting things," Rhia started.

"Like what exactly," Kira asked.

"Well for starters, I know that Rosalie's spiritual friend betrayed ours, but not as intentional as some would believe. Another thing is that she predicted that my three kids were going to be rulers of another, highly different vampire world than the one we belonged too. She also said that it was up to me to make that decision about their destiny. I know that you can't fight destiny, but I do know that they will have quite a lot to learn if I let them go," Rhiannon said.

"So your kids are our future queens," Lissa asked.

"Yes they are. Emma I believe will be destined to rule one half while Nadia rules the other. I don't know the specifics of your world, but I do plan on having them learn those specifics so that they can take up their rightful spots on their thrones," Rhiannon answered.

Rose looked at Dimitri and grinned widely. I could tell that she was happy about the fact their mission was finally over, well at least part of it was. I don't think they expected to find three babies to rule their world.

"What else did you find out," I asked.

Rhiannon sighed.

"We have to defeat Aro. He's gotten too strong for his own good and he treats our people like shit. Gracie and Brianna were the true rulers. They tried to control Aro and his brothers, but it didn't work. If we are to defeat them, we have to come at them swiftly and when they least expect it to happen. I have to learn my powers first before we start any kind of battle plans because I promised Gracie that I would stop Aro, Caius, and Markus for good. They will perish even if it's with my last breath," Rhiannon said looking at me straight in the eye.

I knew that I couldn't stop her. She was determined and when she got determined with something she was unstoppable. I nodded my head in understanding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Six more chapters!!