Broken Hearted on the Mend

Chapter 35

Weeks passed since Rhiannon's little announcement about her children. The two young girls were growing just as fast as Renesmee did when she was that age. Rhiannon was a little fearful, but she and Bella had a conversation about it and Rhiannon's fears were silenced. The only problem is that they would have to keep their fully human son under wraps. He looked a lot like Emmett, so it was going to be rather difficult if the Volturi caught wind of it.

Everyone was sitting around the house discussing possible ways to defeat the Volturi for good when Alice and Rhiannon both got visions. Rhiannon, who was still trying to control her powers blacked out completely, while Alice just blanked out. Everyone waited patiently for the two to finish with their visions. Alice was the first one to come back to the entire group.

"What did you see Alice," Carlisle asked gently.

"The Volturi, they've joined forces with another red eyed vampire, but these ones looked disgusting and I could have sworn I was able to smell their nasty decayed smell," Alice said with a grimace.

"It's the Strigoi. They must have offered the Volturi something to their liking," Dimitri said warily.

"What's wrong," Emmett asked.

"I used to be a Strigoi and I know how they think. They thirst for blood and want to kill Moroi.
They love to wreck havoc on people," Dimitri explained.

"You are not a Strigoi anymore," Rose stated placing a comforting hand on his arm.

"How did you turn back," Carlisle wondered sounding very intrigued.

"I did it. I enchanted a silver steak with the magic of Spirit and plunged it through his heart.
It was quite difficult, but I managed," Lissa piped up.

"That's very interesting," Carlisle said quietly.

"After the procedure was done though, no one believed that he was no longer Strigoi. It took days of questioning and tests. I remember he didn't even want to see me," Rose said.

"Why not," Edward asked.

"He felt guilty since the year before we saved him I had gone after him to try and kill him since we both made a pact when we first met to kill the other if either of us were turned," Rose explained.

"You thought you succeeded, but you didn't," Edward clarified.

"Yes," Rose said.

A stirring came from Rhiannon's unconscious body. Emmett immediately turned in her direction.

"Rhiannon," he asked concerned.

"We have to leave Forks," Rhiannon said.

"Why," Carlisle asked.

"The Volturi will be bringing Strigoi to Forks, and there is no stopping the Strigoi from feasting on the humans here. We cannot let them bring the Strigoi here. We have to meet them in the middle somewhere before they come all the way here," Rhiannon said.

"When are they coming," Emmett asked.

"Two weeks. They are trying to have a surprise attack on us," Rhiannon said.

"What about the humans though, we can't leave them high and dry waiting to be picked off by Strigoi," Jasper said.

"How do we fight Strigoi," Alice asked.

"We can teach you, if some want to stay back and fight," Dimitri offered.

"We need at least three of us to stay behind and fight the oncoming Strigoi. They are unpredictable and may not continue to be under Volturi rule if the Volturi do something they don't like," Rhiannon said.

"Did you see it happening," Emmett asked.

"A small glimpse of it," Rhiannon said quietly.

"What about the kids," Bella asked worried about Renesmee and her nieces and nephew.

"They are the reason we have to leave. The Volturi got wind that I had kids and they want to see them. If they find out that I somehow had a full blooded human child from a full blooded vampire, questions will be raised and Caius will order for him to be killed," Rhiannon said keeping back the tears she was feeling.

"He can't do that," Emmett said angrily.

"He can, and he will if we don't leave soon," Rhiannon said.

"We need to all practice on fighting Strigoi first that way in case we run across any on our journey, we'll know how to fight," Rhiannon said.

"I agree with Rhiannon," Edward said.

"Should the wolves know how to fight," Bella asked.

"Yes, they need to know since they aren't the same as us. Bella you and I will go and explain the situation and how not one wolf is allowed to leave Forks until the danger has passed," Rhiannon said.

"The three that stay behind and the wolves will be the only protection that Forks has until we all come back," Rhiannon explained.

"What if we call in reinforcements," Carlisle wondered.

"How many," Rhiannon asked.

"The Alaskan Clan, there's only two now, but I'm sure they would be willing to help," Carlisle explained.

"It's worth a shot, give them a call and if they want to help, then they need to be here within the next two days," Rhiannon instructed.

Carlisle nodded and went off to make the phone call. Rhiannon turned her attention to Dimitri, Rose, and Eddie.

"How do you kill a Strigoi," Rhiannon asked bluntly.

"There are three different ways you can kill a Strigoi," Dimitri began, "setting him on fire, decapitating him with a sword, or stabbing him with a silver stake," he finished.

"How many silver stakes do we have available to us," Rhiannon asked.

"We have about ten, I think," Rose said.

"Yes, we made sure to bring a bunch with us since we figured this mission would be dangerous from the get go. Rose, myself, and Eddie all have one and then Mia and Lissa stay close to Christian since he has power over fire. We still have seven stakes left," Dimitri said.

"That's fine. The people who stay behind will take three, Emmett and myself will take two, Edward, Bella, and Renesmee will take one, and whoever else breaks off will also take one," Rhiannon said.

"Should we form the groups now so that we know who will be staying behind and who will be leaving," Mia asked.

"Yes, that way we can make sure who's going with who," Rhiannon said.

Everyone gathered around, but they waited for Carlisle to come back. When he did he had a smile on his face.

"Tanya and Kate said that they will help," he informed.

"Good, now let's break this group up into teams," Rhiannon said.

Rhiannon and Emmett were one of the teams that were leaving Forks. Carlisle, Esme, and Kira offered to stay behind with Tanya and Kate. Rosalie, Jasper, Alice, and Mia were in one group and they were taking Emma with them. Edward, Bella, Renesmee, Christian, and Lissa were taking Nadia with them. Dimitri, Rose, and Eddie were the final team leaving Forks. Dimitri handed all ten stakes to Rhiannon. Rhiannon handed a stake to Carlisle, Esme, and Kira. There were seven left. She handed one to Dimitri, Rose, and Eddie, which left four. She handed one to Jasper and one to Edward. She then handed one to Emmett and kept one for herself. Once the stakes were all passed out Dimitri and Rose took over the battle plans.

"Bella we need to go and forewarn the wolves now while the others practice," Rhiannon said.

Bella nodded her head and then got up from the couch.

"Rosalie, will you keep an eye on Adrian please and make sure he gets fed," Rhiannon asked.

"Of course," Rosalie smiled warmly.

"Thank you," Rhiannon said with a smile of her own.

Bella followed Rhiannon out to the garage. Rhiannon straddled her dark blue motorcycle and told Bella to get on behind her. Bella did and then they both put on their helmets. Rhiannon took off down the long driveway and headed towards La Push. They reached the border and passed over it. Rhiannon concentrated on her destination, which was Jacob's house. She found the little red house with ease and then stopped the bike. They got off and then headed towards the door. It was opened and Jacob was waiting for them before they even reached the door.

"Something's wrong isn't it," he asked looking at the seriousness of Rhiannon's face.

"Yes, and we need to talk," she answered walking in as he stood to the side.
Jacob closed the door behind him and then sat down in the chair waiting for Rhiannon start.

She cleared her throat before beginning.

"The Volturi are coming to Forks again, but they aren't coming alone this time. We need all wolves meaning, both your pack and Sam's to stay here and help Carlisle, Esme, Kira, Kate, and Tanya fight them if they decide to show up," Rhiannon said.

"What about the rest of the family," Jacob asked.

"We have to split up. I recently gave birth to three children. Two half vampire, half human little girls and one full blooded human boy, but don't ask questions about how that happened just yet. Now, I foresaw that Caius, one of the Volturi will have my son killed if we don't split up. We have to confuse the Volturi first and foremost. Another thing that we need to do is get into the safety of my daughters' royal court since the protection around it blocks out any kind of knowledge from them being alive," Rhiannon informed.

"What can we do to help you in your mission," Jacob asked.

"Help fight the stray Strigoi vampires that will come to Forks. We are practicing for the next three days before we all head out. If you can stand the vampire smell, it would be a lot easier if you stayed in the house until they are all destroyed. If the Strigoi sense any kind of
weakness they will use that to their advantage," Rhiannon said.

"We're in. I can't say the same for Sam's pack, but I'm sure that if you speak with him then he'll agree," Jacob said.

"Thank you Jacob. This means a lot to me. Is Leah around," Rhiannon asked.

"She's with her brother patrolling," Jacob said.

"Alright, I need to speak with her before we leave La Push today," Rhiannon said.

"I'll let her know to meet you here before you leave," Jacob said.

"Thank you," Rhiannon said getting up from the couch.

Jacob saw them out and then they got back on the motorcycle. Rhiannon took off in the direction of Sam's house. They reached it within record time. Rhiannon got off and then led the way to the door. Sam met them on the porch.

"What do you want leech," he asked sounding angry.

"We need to talk about something important," Rhiannon said.

"What is it," he asked.

"Forks and La Push are in danger of different vampires. They are coming in two weeks and you either need to go to Forks and help out Dr. Cullen and Mrs. Cullen or you need to stay here and protect your people from being killed," Rhiannon explained.

"We'll stay in La Push, but we'll stay in contact with Jacob and his pack to make sure the danger is over," Sam said.

"You need to come to the clearing and watch how to fight these new vampires. They are much different than us," Rhiannon said.

"When," Sam asked.

"For the next three days," Rhiannon answered.

"We'll be there," Sam said with a curt nod.

"Alright, thank you for your help," Rhiannon said turning away from Sam.

"We are around to keep humans safe. Thank you for the warning," Sam called after them.

"My pleasure," Rhiannon smiled at him.

Rhiannon and Bella straddled the bike and Rhiannon took off back to Forks and back to the mansion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Five more chapters. Battle scenes are coming up!!