Broken Hearted on the Mend

Chapter 39

Rhiannon climbed a tree. She wanted to make sure her attack was flawless. She looked to Kira and smirked. Kira returned the smirk and then shifted a little in her crouch. She was ready to attack, but she knew Rhiannon had a plan. Kira trusted Rhiannon with everything she had. She knew she was smart, so Kira was going to wait. Rhiannon looked towards the cabin to see how Edward and the others were fairing against the Strigoi. She then looked to Kira and nodded.

Kira smiled wickedly when she received her signal to pounce. Caius wouldn't know what hit him. Kira crouched lower before she pounced. It was easy to take out Aro's shield. She wasn't paying attention, which made it easier for Kira to take her out. The next one to be taken out was Chelsea. Kira couldn't find Jane within the little pack, but she didn't care at the moment. Caius and the others were next.

Now, Kira. Take Caius down now. He's the most dangerous next to Aro. Aro is mine though. Rhiannon's voice echoed in Kira's mind.

Kira looked up to Rhiannon and nodded her head swiftly. She pulled Caius behind some trees and started tearing him limb from limb. Caius attempted to fight back, but since his strength wasn't as up to par as it used to be he was no match for Kira. He was burning within a matter of seconds.

Marcus is next. Rhiannon instructed.

Kira took off back towards the group with Aro. She knew it seemed as if Rhiannon was treating her like a puppet, but she at least got Brianna's revenge on Caius. That's all Kira wanted. She knew Rhiannon would love to fight Aro alone and she was going to give her that pleasure. Once Kira took down Marcus she took off to help the others fight. It was now Rhiannon's show. She jumped from the tree again and landed right behind Aro.

Aro closed his eyes trying to sense the enemy. His eyes opened when he couldn't figure out what was going on. He turned every which way, but found nothing. Rhiannon smirked at his confusion. Her powers were phenomenal. She was going to be thrilled when she finally killed Aro. He deserved it. She was sick of him trying to rule the vampires like an empire.

"Who's there?" Aro asked.

Rhiannon enjoyed the fear in his voice. It was music to her ears. She was going to enjoy playing cat and mouse with Aro.

"Who's there?" Aro asked again.

Rhiannon smirked as she sauntered around him in a circle. Her powers still masking her presence from him, she walked a little ways away and started the fire that would complete Gracie's revenge. Once she felt it was perfect she made her way back to Aro, who was observing the battle. She walked right up to him and simply tapped him on the shoulder. Aro whirled around, but saw nothing.

"Who's there?" he asked, fear gripping him. He had never felt this much fear before. His brothers were gone and he had no way of stopping it.

"Who's there?" he called through the trees again.

Rhiannon decided to finally make her presence known. "You're worst fucking nightmare," she answered darkly.

Aro's eyes widened in shock when he saw her standing a few feet in front of him, he had no idea that she could be this lethal. The shocked look dissipated and he smiled warmly at her.

"I see you have finally acquired your powers. How are you doing Grace?" he asked her calmly.

Rhiannon narrowed her eyes at him. She felt Grace wanting to break free and talk to him, so she allowed her to take control.

You will pay, Aro, for the pain you caused me and my sister. Your brother Caius has already paid dearly as well as Marcus. But you, you will pay with more pain than they ever felt. I will make sure of it. You will not leave alive.

Aro chuckled. "You really think you can defeat me? What makes you think you can defeat me now, when you couldn't defeat me thousands of years ago?" he questioned.

I know I can defeat you. Not only am I stronger than I used to be, but it doesn’t exactly help that the spell Brianna and I placed on the palace you call home, has deteriorated your body all these years. I wasn't positive that it would work, but I'm glad to find that it has. You will perish today, mark my words.

Aro just laughed again. Gracie was getting pissed. She allowed the rage that was welling within Rhiannon to take control and Rhiannon pounced. Aro didn't have a chance of defending himself. She was quick. Aro's screams of pain echoed through the woods as Rhiannon finally finished him off. She stood and watched the fire burn. The sickly sweet smell that permeated the air made her smile. She watched the fire burn, not caring about the rest of the battle.

You did well, Rhiannon. My soul can now rest as soon as Jane is dead. Gracie said.

Rhiannon nodded and continued to watch the flames burn Aro to ashes. When the fire was almost burned out she continued to stare. She had enacted her revenge for her ancestor. She felt she no longer had a purpose.

"EMMETT, NO," a voice screamed through the trees.

Rhiannon's head perked up and turned towards the sounds of the other battle. They reached her ears and she took off running to see what was going wrong. Rhiannon reached the clearing where the cabin was at the edge and saw Emmett lying on the ground not moving. A Strigoi was above him, but no one was around to stop what the Strigoi was trying to do. Rhiannon screamed and surged forward. She knocked the Strigoi off its feet and then ran back to Emmett. She picked up his head and cradled it in her lap as she felt tears well up when he wasn't moving.

"Emmett, Emmett, baby," she asked shaking him.

Emmett groaned and brought a hand up to his head and rubbed it. Rhiannon sighed in relief. She hugged him tightly before helping him to his feet.

"Don't do that to me, Dammit," she scolded.

He rubbed his head. "Sorry. I was caught off guard by the damn Strigoi," he growled. He pecked her lips gently before returning to the battle. Rhiannon stood stock still as she zeroed in on her last target of the Volturi. She was getting angry that she couldn't pin point her.

Calm yourself, child. I will be here until the end. You can't let your anger get the best of you. Gracie whispered softly.

Rhiannon listened to Gracie's advice. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to center herself. The anger she felt during Aro's taunting subsided. She was able to focus more and was just barely able to sidestep Jane's first attack. When she opened her eyes she glared at Jane, who was glaring right back.

"You're going to die for what you did to them," Jane hissed angrily.

Rhiannon smiled at her. "No, actually you are going to die, Jane. You won't see the light of another day," she countered.

Jane's glare deepened. Rhiannon waited patiently. She wasn't going to attack first. She had to stay calm and not let her anger get the better of her. Gracie made that clear to her. Jane got fed up with waiting so she attacked. She was hurt that her mentor had been killed so carelessly. She managed to clip Rhiannon's shoulder, but the damn bitch wasn't standing still long enough. She was getting pissed off.

Her gaze travelled the battle field and she smirked. Rhiannon laughed at her and it pissed her off even more. Her next target had been sighted though. She took off running and Rhiannon, expecting another attack sidestepped her. Jane smirked as she continued on towards her target. Rhiannon watched her, curious as to why she didn't stop running until her eyes connected with Emmett's back as he fought more Strigoi. She saw Dimitri come up behind the Strigoi he was fighting and stake him quickly. Emmett grinned at him and smacked his back.

Her eyes widened in shock when she saw Jane attack Emmett. Emmett, being caught off guard, went down immediately. Dimitri tried to pry her off of him as she continuously bit into him, but she just shoved him off. Dimitri flew a few yards away, landing with a loud thud. Rhiannon saw Rose rush towards him and help him to his feet. She was pissed off at Jane. Rhiannon turned her attention back to Emmett and Jane.

Emmett managed to shake her off, so he could stand, but it wasn't enough. Jane was acting on rage and it was fueling her to fight harsher and rasher. She was small and managed to jump onto his back. Rhiannon's eyes widened when she saw Jane look up and straight at her. Jane smirked as she locked her hands on his head. Her breath caught in her throat when Jane detached his head without a chance for her to stop her.

Rhiannon screamed in fury as all of her anger came bubbling to the surface. Jane dropped Emmett's head, eyes wide open and staring at her still, to the ground. Rhiannon felt the tears slide down her face as she stared at Emmett's head on the ground. Jane laughed.

"Who's going to die now?" she taunted.

Rhiannon glared at Jane as she curled her hands into fists.

Now, Rhiannon, release your anger now. Gracie said softly.

That was the only push Rhiannon needed before she screamed again and let out her anger.
Jane stared at her and laughed, but everyone else stopped and stared at Rhiannon. Jane finally stopped laughing as she stared at Rhiannon. Her body was glowing a deep blue color as her anger was unleashed. Jane's eyes widened when Rhiannon let out another scream of fury. The blue light surrounding her body blasted a good one hundred yards. It incinerated all the remaining Strigoi as well as Jane. Everyone else was knocked to their feet. Once the light disappeared completely Rhiannon continued to stare at Emmett's head on the ground as she collapsed. Her head hit the ground and her eyes closed. The last image in her brain was seeing Emmett's sightless eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
One last chapter left and it will be over.