Status: Slowly coming along.

All Alone Again.

Things That Go Bump In The Night.

"And THIS is why you're so ungrateful!" My infuriated father concluded. Ending is rant, or 'speech' about my behavior, for the third time that day I had gotten an ear full from him and my mother. I was sitting casually on the couch, giving my attention to the book I was trying to enjoy. It was now silent, still I wasn't sure if he was done yelling at me or he was just thinking or something more to add. I looked over to him, raising my right eyebrow. His face was turning light shade of salmon, my mother ran to his side with his coat in her arms. It was a pathetic sight, the fact that she thought it was her job to comfort him, calm him down, and be his maid just put a sour feeling in my stomach. He looked at me with a disgusted look, like I just had confessed that I murdered someone. Which, to him, it's just the same. All because I had no desire to go next door to a house warming party some stranger had took the liberty to throw for us. It was just another pin to show off to the other neighbor's, a pin that said "Ha! I got to them first! I'm the better neighbor." The whole idea of a house warming party didn't make much sense to me, nor did I have the slightest interest to understand it. My mother stood next to him like a sheep taking shelter from a thunder storm, looking at him with worried eye's. I was beginning to get a bit frightened if was actually going to do something to me.

My father stared me down as I sat in the living room, slumped on the couch trying to ignore his comments and the angered yet distorted look on his face. "Honey, if she doesn't go, I'm sure they won't be offended." My mother said, trying to reason with him and she hooked her arms through his right one. "We could say that she was feeling under the weather." She added, sounding like a helpless mouse. He bellowed. Putting the book down and readjusting my position, so that I could sit up straight and look at the two authority figures. "Just go out. Have a good time. As of now, I'm sick." I said, as calmly as I possibly could.

I know I was sounding like a complete brat. But honestly, I could care less. It was my second day of the move and I wanted nothing more but to wallow around the house and read. Did they honestly think that I was going to leave the vicinity of the home to go into some strangers living space, and pretend that I'm perfectly happy being out of place, and that I feel like an outsider, amongst fake enthusiasm from people who pretend like they actually care that there have new neighbors? Now, really? That just doesn't seem logical, and they should know that, after all they're the one's who raised me. Might as well stay at home and try to enjoy myself. Besides, there was nothing for me to do. It was a whole new world for me, and at the moment I wasn't too terribly interested in exploring it. And the days seemed to be dissolving at an unbelievable rate, so I just wanted to relax and get my things together, leading up to the first day of school. Some place called Pinole Valley High. Cringing at the thought, I picked the book back up and skimmed the page to see where I had left off.

"I just hope you know how many people you're letting down." My father said, as if he thought that was somehow going to make me feel guilty. Or that his words were injected with poison to make me come around and tag along. Yeah, that's going to happen. The two headed for the door, my mothers footsteps couldn't be heard, since my father childishly stomped to the door. He swung it open and shut it with force, causing the pictures hung upon the walls to shake intensely. Rolling my eye's at his attitude, I finally got the peace and quiet I was craving.

When I realized I had just about finished my book, I grew bored. Looking around lazily, nothing caught my eye. The fridge had food. TV works. No homework to do. It's a Friday, my friend's back home are probably out having fun. I sighed, the memories I had gathered in Washington were now just something to look back on when I missed home. Everything I knew and everyone I loved were hundreds of miles away, and since I'm just an item to my parents, I had no say in this decision of the move. My stomach growled, now would be a good time to inspect my fridge.

I slowly got up from my spot and dragged my feet across the hardwood floor, which was rather cold. As I made my way into the doorway of the kitchen, I leaned on the wall, out of shear boredom. If you couldn't tell already, I was in a depressed mood. Something told me we had left over chicken in the fridge. Shrugging, and lifting my body weight back to it's center, I huffed, blowing a strand of hair out of my face in the process. I quietly opened the door and found a chicken leg waiting for me. The sad part is, that the only thing waiting for me was a amputated, cooked chicken leg. My life can't anymore exciting than this. Though, it was my choice to stay home, so I'm not blaming anyone for the events that will take place, or lack there of.

Sitting down, in the dim lighting of the dining room, I took little nibbles of my chicken and placed my elbow on the table, cradling my chin in my hand. As I began to wonder what I could possibly do in such seclusion, the local paper that was beside my plate of chicken caught my eye. I grabbed it, who knows, maybe something interesting is just waiting to be discovered inside. Yeah, I doubt it. The front page had a picture of a band, that contained three boy's. Headlining, "Local band, Green Day, will be playing at The Berkeley Square on the 14th" I nodded with light interest. I put it aside and when back to grab my chicken leg and huffed out of habit. No one to talk to. Nothing to do. Way to spend my Friday night.

Nothing interesting was on the television. Though, I kept watching a very bad soap opera. Just then, my cellphone rang. "Somebody loves me." I mumbled sarcastically. The ringing sounded like it was coming from all area's of the house. Damn these echo-y walls and empty space. Another thing I missed about my apartment, it was small and I could find things easily. I raised my head from the couch, like it was such a challenge, I thought whether or not I should find my phone. It could be my parent's telling me about how I'm missing out. And then it could be someone from back home gushing about how they miss me and they wish I was still there. Either one, I didn't really want to answer. Yeah, I sound rude to my friends. But I didn't want to get more emotional than I already was. I didn't want to hear about how everyone misses me.. Or if people even did. Because, it wasn't in my hands, the fact that I couldn't go back to where I was comfortable and happy just made me sick to my stomach, and put me in a very hostile mood.

The ringing had stopped, oh well. But not a second later, it started back up again. Well, someone is persistent. Since the ringing was seemingly more annoying than the horrible acting on the show I was watching I decided to nuke one before the other. First the TV, done. Next the phone, if I could find it. There was nothing more annoying than a ringing phone that was hidden within in the barriers of a new confusing house. Standing up tiredly, I noticed the ringing phone. It was on a shelf by the kitchen. Great, another feat for me to concur.

With my arm extended out to grab the phone, it had stopped ringing, which only caused me to let out a choice word in my frustration. But the caller wouldn't take a voice mail machine for an answer, so they called back yet again. As I grabbed my phone hastily, so they wouldn't give up at the worst time possible I quickly pushed the talk button.

"Hello?" I answered, clearing my voice, trying to clear any misery that was looming in my tone.

"Hello there, Alice." A warm, pleasant, and familiar voice said on the other end with a smile, I'm sure.

"Torri?" I dumbly asked, furrowing my eyebrows, trying to identify who the caller was. When I did so, I heard that heartily laugh that brought back so many memories, the one that made me smile every time.

"Nope, it's the fucking Easter Bunny." She said with such enthusiasm, that made my day.. well my night, just a bit brighter.

Despite my situation, and how I hated everyone around me that showed the slightest bit of character or enthusiasm, I was more than glad to hear her voice and the tone she carried. Torri was my closest and dearest friend, she knew how to annoy me and she definitely knew how to keep me in good spirits when it was times like these. Although, I've never been put in such a painful situation. But somehow, she knew the answer. Now that I was parted from her, I was afraid that I couldn't function without her. As dumb and helpless that sounds, it was the painful truth. I've known her for seven years, and now that our friendship was made into a long distance one it was going to be quite the difficult challenge.

I sighed, missing her and her insane family, that would invite me over every Wednesday night to play Monopoly with them, though Torri and I would hardly ever participate. We would either watch her three brothers brawl over who bought what house and who should go to jail, and who was maybe, possibly cheating, or we would go to her room, talk about random yet humorous things, listen to music and just sit around and enjoy each others presence. Or if that certain day was harder than others, she would have that little friend Mary Jane over to help sooth the day. Her family was rather such a pleasure to be with though, so accepting and we're just so kind. She had an extremely large Italian family, which were loud, friendly, and loving. Something that I always envied, though not very much, since I felt like I was a part of the family. Good times.

"Torri! I don't think you have any idea how pleased I am to hear your voice!" I said with glee, almost scaring myself from the tone of voice I had just used.

I could hear her smirk, with those devious eye's that would glare at teachers during school, "Yeah.. I do. I'm most pleased to hear you're voice as well. How are you, man?" She asked, interest and curiosity drenched in her voice. Remembering how she would use her naturally loud voice to her advantage and yell while walking down the quiet hallways of our school, earning glares and nasty remarks directed to her. But she didn't care, she never did.

I frowned, to a point where it almost hurt, "I'm good.." I tried to say but was quickly cut off by a shout of disbelief, "Lie!"

I rolled my eye's, she was talented at smelling bullshit in someone's voice, though I had no clue she could smell over the phone. She was such a genuine person, how am I ever going to get through the day without her? I was beginning to sound pathetic. I need to suck it up and get over it. Shit happens, you just got to roll with it. Who am I to keep my parent's from being happy. Who am I to have the overall say in what our living situation's were going to be. After all, I don't pay the bills, I don't have a job, it's their decision. Who am I kidding? I'm miserable, and that's that.

Her calm voice broke me out of my thoughts that were getting me down by the second, "Now. Tell me, how are you?" she said slowly as if she was trying to calm down a suicidal person that was on the edge of a building.

I grunted and her persistent ways of making me talk, "I'm.. I'm getting through the day as best as I can. I mean.. How else can you deal with moving so far away from the one's you love. I can't.. Can't adjust with the blink of an eye." I said truthfully. She knew, as well.

"I'm sorry Al, once you get settled in.. And.. Get acquainted with new folks, you'll be feeling better, I have a feeling." She said, doing her best to encourage me. I smiled softly, and let out a deep sigh.

Maybe if I call her everyday, it won't be so hard. "Thanks, I know it will... Just is a little.. Y'know? Difficult to adjust." I said, stumbling over my words, it was hard for me to say. As of now, I felt alone and, of course, out of place. "An hour ago... My dad thought I was out of my mind for not wanting to go to this house warming party that some pathetic fuck head threw for us." I dryly said. Yeah, I know I don't know them. I'm sure their nice. I don't care. They could be fucking saints and I'd still call them a pathetic fuck head. I wasn't in the best of spirits, so shoot me.

Torri let out another pleasant laugh, causing me to let out a chuckle at her. Her laugh was so unique, so much more amusing than any joke I have heard. How I admired her for it too. She took in a slight breathe after she had stopped laughing, "Wow, Alice. You're such a kind little soul... You really are." she giggled. I rolled my eye's.

An hour had past and I was still on the phone with Torri, just laughing and talking about things we had done in the past with are other friends. I was beginning to lighten up and relax. My sides hurt from laughing at the outlandish statements, jokes, and impressions she had done on the teachers we had shared. She was my happy place, as weird as that may sound. But she never failed on making me laugh. It was just one of those talents she had mastered.

"Mark misses you." She stated as the conversation quieted, causing my stomach do a flip. I didn't want to hear that word. The 'M' word, it made me less eager to meet new people. I had a hard time with change and moving forward. I was so content with my life. But all things come to an end, I suppose. Everyone has to move on at some point. She made me realize that. Life is a growing experience, and in order to grow, you must change, and your surroundings have to do the same.

"He.. He does?" I asked, in a bit of shock that he would even care that I had left the neighborhood, let alone the state. Mark was her older brother, he was very much attractive, and I've always had a crush on him, Torri knew. Cause she knows everything, I assume. My cheeks felt slightly warm and rosier. She laughed like a hyena, yet again, to a point where I felt utterly embarrassed. "Yeah, he does." she said with a Know It All tone of voice. Rolling my eye's for the umpteenth time that night during our phone conversation, I looked up at the ceiling and smiled to myself as I thought about Mark. We had some good times. Brushing the old feelings into the corners of my mind before I let my emotions get the best of me and before I go into a deeper thought about him, which wasn't the best idea, I focused on the conversation, and let go of old feelings I had locked away inside my head. It might have just sounded like any old little crush, but when you let in grow inside you for a good year or two it tends to get more complicated. But finally, I let them go without struggle. Which was surprising to me, with just one night I threw out feelings for someone. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not.

My parent's left around eight-thirty four, and now it was eleven eighteen. And I'm sure the clock that is hung on that wall isn't wrong. God knows what they're doing. I don't really care. I was happy to be alone and just enjoying the silence, digging through my mind as lied quietly on the couch with a slight smile creeping up on the left side of my face. Remembering all the fun I've had in Washington, not in vein though. I realized how lucky I was to have even met the people I know. Torri's phone died and that was the end of that, it always was the way we ended our conversations. One of us would have a dead battery, and a sky high phone bill. I snickered. Laying on the couch with my arms extended over my head, hanging off the edge of the arm of the sofa, I was officially bored. A few pieces of dark brown hair fell in front of my face, as I turned my head to face the TV, causing to mess up my line of vision, I blew them out of the way in frustration. I turned the TV back on, just to see if there was anything good on at this time of night. To my disappointment, there was nothing on, figures. I hopelessly remained glued on my back to the couch and turned the TV back off.

I felt my eyelids slowly starting to get heavier, my grip from the remote started to loosen, and my body began to weaken. Since there was nothing else for me to do, and it was getting late, I figured sleeping was the best thing to do. Though my only problem was, my body was tired, yet I wasn't. I brought my arms back down to my sides and turned myself onto my stomach, smothering my head into a pillow. Still, it didn't feel comfortable enough. So I brought my body weight to the other side, still no luck in hopes of getting comfortable. The thought of walking up a flight of stairs to enter my new bedroom was enough for me to let out a sigh.

I rolled onto my back, yet again. Pondering what I could do for the time being. Going over my list of things to do, redundantly, I blankly stared at the ceiling. Fridge. TV. Call someone. Read. Those were the pathetic, and very few options I had. This was getting on my nerves slightly. I could go next door. What would it hurt? Maybe things would turn out differently than I had expected. Still, it was late. The party was probably coming to an end anyway, besides the house is warm and quiet. Maybe meeting new people could be saved for another day. Yes, I'm such a hermit.

Aside from being completely bored and somewhat tired, I had become slightly hungry again, since the chicken leg wasn't much of a meal. The clock seemed to be ticking at a rapid rate. To my astonishment it was now twelve forty nine, now I was beginning to wonder what was going on next door. But oddly enough, it was pretty quiet next door. I got up from the couch and crept into the kitchen, and slowly walked to a near by window. As I opened it, the cool night air graced itself onto my pale skin. There was minimum noise, some laughter, light music and people talking at a reasonable tone of voice. I peeked my head further out the window and nonchalantly looked over at the neighbor's front yard. Despite the fact that I have a blind hatred towards this neighborhood, I have to say they are respectively quiet. Which was nice to know. The breeze covered my arm, causing me to shudder slightly, I brought my head back inside and closed the window.

I was still peckish, so I opened the fridge and glanced over the shelves of nothingness. We just moved in, we didn't have much. I groaned when I heard shrills coming from next door. Closing the refrigerator, I lazily walked back out to the living room and looked over to the stair case. What else could I do. Maybe I'll get a better night sleep if I lay in a bed, rather than a sofa. The thought moved my feet and I began to head to the stairs. As I walked up up, what it seemed to be, endless stair case, I heard a dreadful shout, "MMMMMMMIKE!" I wasn't sure if it was playful or horrified. Either was, I grew too tired to care and carried on moving my lazy self up stairs.

Once I made it down the long hallway, I found myself at the door to lead me into my bedroom. As I clenched the doorknob, I felt a tear escape from my eyes and roll down my cheek. I didn't mean to cry, or start to go 'there'. Just the fact that I was thinking of so many good memories that I was trying my absolute hardest to suppress caused me to feel a bit of sorrow. The squeaky door swung open to a dark unappealing, dull, room. Unlike my old one. How I miss my old room, it was small, the walls were layered in posters. Pictures on my night stand and on my book shelves. Though I could make my new one look like a rip off from it. It still wouldn't be the same. Great, now I made myself not only sound like a whining child but I had angered myself again. I huffed as I slowly crawled into bed. Thankfully, the bed was comfortable and made me feel safe, in a way. I shut my eyes with force and tried to fall asleep.

Flopping to my left side for about the umpteenth time in bed, I couldn't find a position comfortable enough for me to fall asleep. I had been tossing and turning for about twenty five minutes, and as you could imagine, this drove me crazy. This was going to be a restless night, I could feel it. My right side didn't bring any relief, so I turn to my back, my eye's felt like the were taped open. God knows why I couldn't just fall asleep. I mean is it that hard? Can't I just shut my eye's and loose conscientiousness without putting up a fight with insomnia. I'm guessing that would be a 'No'.

The only thing that seemed to be soothing my wondering mind, was the light from the street lamps, and the lanky tree outside my window were casting shadows up on my walls. They danced and swayed as the breeze shook the tree's. I got caught in a trance as I watched them, almost hypnotizing me. Oddly enough, that was how I was starting to feel actually tired. Finally I slowly closed my eyes without trying. My mind cleared itself instantly, and I felt my body naturally drift off into 'Dream Land'.

When I thought it was safe to say I had fallen asleep, I was wrong. Still half awake, a figure from outside whizzed down the street causing its shadow to catch my attention. I opened my eye's as soon as it left. Hearing someone with an annoyingly high pitch voice screaming the name Mike. I sat upright, and looked at the clock, it was two fourteen. I wasn't sure whether or not my parents were home, I'm sure they were though. I mean how interesting can new neighbors be? And what could they still be doing at this hour? Nothing, that's what.

The shrieks and yelps of the person outside were gone, thankfully. I lied back down, now feeling extremely tired. I assumed my body's internal clock had caught up with the time it was and realized how drained I actually am. Wiggling, slightly, back down into bed, and pulling the covers over myself, I felt perfectly comfortable. I sighed as I dozed off again.

Just then, the sound of glass being violently thrown to the floor, followed a fit of childish laughter broke me out of my slumber. "What the fuck?" I growled. Whoever or whatever caused that to happen was really asking for it. The moment I feel tired shit has to start breaking? Yet when I couldn't sleep it was silent as a cemetery. I ripped the sheets off of my tired body and grunted with complete frustration. I hopped out of bed and stormed to the window, ready to yell at whoever was outside causing such havoc. As I opened the window and looked out to the street, I saw four figures walking at a fast pace down the sidewalk. The breeze sent chills down my spine and the hairs on my arms to stand up straight. I'm sure they were the one who were responsible for the broken glass, shouting, and laughing, since no one was out or wanted to be for that matter. I'm sure there are plenty of creeps on the street that no one want to be at the mercy of. The four figures started walking back up the street, towards my house. Great, what could they possibly do now to let the neighborhood know that they didn't have a bed time or a curfew. As they got closer I could faintly hear them talking but it was much to muffled to comprehend what they were saying There were bits of chuckles and laughs. I was pissed off at this point. They approached my house and slowly walked past it, not noticing my with my head out the window staring at them.

"Hey you!" I yelled with authority in my voice, sounding like an old person yelling at kids to 'get of my lawn'. That type of tone.

The four looked around, trying to figure out where the shout came from. "Oi!" I yelled again, now raising my voice even louder, probably disturbing many of my new neighbors. But like I said before, I didn't care at all.

One of the boys, who was tall and flimsy looking with, what it seems to be, golden blond hair was the first to notice me. But then he quickly brought his attention back to the other three like I was just yelling at them to say hello. Which wasn't the case at all. Still, I wasn't sure what to say to them, I'm not sure if there really was much to say. I think it was a spur of the moment thing, the erge to yell at someone. Well, the feeling was gone now and I was just staring at them like a freak. But bringing the thought up for the second time, with the whole breaking glass made me wonder if I should at least ask them if they were the 'mischief makers'. They all finished discussing whatever and looked at me. The street lights marked the shadows of the creases in their smiles.

"Ar-Are you the one's who caused that?" I asked shyly, yet I still wanted to double check so I was sure I was cursing at the right people, that is, if I needed to.

They nodded casually and snickered, like a bunch of brats. I rolled my eyes and groaned quietly, wondering if I should just call it a night and end this little charade.

One of the boys, with bleached hair, pointed to another from their group, one with green hair and who was unbelievably short, as if he was completely innocent. The boy shook is head side to side quickly, and shoved the other with the bleached hair. "No I didn't!" he spat, and then giggled slightly.

He repositioned himself to where and how he was standing before the shorter kid had pushed him, "Yeah you did. You threw that beer bottle to prove that you throw farther than Mike!" the bleached haired boy said, relieving who caused the crash.

I rolled my eyes, yet again. It was late. I didn't have time to listen to them about who threw it and why, I just wanted to know if one of the boys in the little 'gang' did it. Now that I knew one of them did it, the case was closed.

"Oh yeah? Well, I proved my point. I throw further that you, Michael Ryan Pitchard." The green haired boy said proudly as he leaned towards the golden blond haired boy, pointing a finger in his direction.

I'm assuming the tall boy was this Mike guy since he reacted to the green haired kids remark.

"Big deal, you won by a long shot. I called your mom a chicken licker, so you got upset. Therefor, you threw it with greater force." The Mike guy chuckled.

I grinned slightly. "You know, for such a big mouth, you sure don't say enough big words." The short kid said, making no sense at all. Maybe it did, just maybe. But I was too tired. And I was loosing interest in these kids.

The four boys all laughed loudly, which only irritated me more. But for some reason I kept watching them, like an old women guarding her lawn. In this case, I think I was just that tired and too lazy to walk back to bed just yet.

"Oh yeah? Onomatopoeia." He said, poking the short green haired boys side, causing him to wince and let out a shriek.

The green haired kid dusted his clothes off, for some reason, and looked at him "Well then, someone knows there vegetables."

"Tre, an onomatopoeia isn't a vegetable." the bleached haired kid interrupted while shaking his head in disapproval.

"Hey, can you guys.. Like argue like the three stooges somewhere else. People are trying to sleep." I shouted while glaring at them.

They stopped arguing and looked up at me, shrugged and walked off. Thank you, that was that. And now I was off to bed, yet again.

Hopefully, without anymore interruptions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was bored. I had a spark of inspiration... and so I wrote this, which will be an on going thing.

Hope you like it, comment, I'd appreciate it. :)