Status: Slowly coming along.

All Alone Again.

A Call to Action and Reaction

Forced to wake up in a bright cheerful room, my sour attitude brought me to curse at the sun, alarm clock, and my parents. Yeah, I was in a fantastic mood. The fact that I knew my parents were over joyed, mostly my mother, about the move and that they could care less about how miserable I was just made my heart swell with glee. Couldn't you tell? My sarcasm kicked in earlier than usual, better it did anyway. As much as I'd like to convince myself that I'm going to be happy about this or that I'm going to adjust perfectly in a new school, I just couldn't deal with such ridiculous notions. Either way, I would still long to go back to Washington.

Flopping my right arm from under the covers, I smacked my alarm clock to shut up it up. I rolled on my stomach, took a deep breathe in and smothered my head into the pillow while letting out a bored sigh. I hated everything about my living conditions, even the bed was different, since my mother insisted on getting me a brand new one. It was way too soft, too soft in fact, that it felt like I was sinking deep into the earths core and the pillows smelt of laundry soap. My old bed was lumpy, due to years of use, yet I still managed to get a good night sleep and my pillows smelt like shampoo. Those two things provided me with comfort, as childish as that may seem. It was home to me, since I spent most of my time in my room.

I noticed how much I was bitching about the way things used to be. This was no surprise though, but I hated sounding like a whiny teenager. Since I wasn't much of a complainer back at home, this was a leap for me in the whining department. I shrugged it away and turned my head to the side to get some air. Though the thought of suffocation didn't seem to bother me, I grinned at that. How guilty my parents would feel. The new house killed me. God, I'm horrible, here I am grinning at my parents horror to find me dead in bed. Again, I shrugged another thought aside, and I looked towards the window. The same window where I came across the group of obnoxious boys the previous night. I wonder what that was about. Though, I don't care... That much.

The sun was shinning bright enough to bother me, since I was in a rather dark mood. I debated wheather or not I should waste my time to get up and pull the curtains over the window, or should I just ignore it and pull the covers over my face and wallow in my anger. Pull the curtains it is, since I could focus that well with the sun shinning in my face.

I stepped out of bed for the first time this morning, my groggy head was quickly clear once I felt the ice cold hardwood floor that, unfortunately, caused me to feel more awake and vigilant. It sent a quick chill down my spine as my two dainty feet had a sudden burst of agility as I sprinted to my window. As I grabbed the curtains I was forced to stand still, with my feet fully planted on the ground, since I wasn't going to hop side to side like an idiot to avoid the cold racing into my feet.

Right when I had made my way back to bed and my knee was already lifted onto it, my mother called me, in a very delighted tone might I add. Great. This set me off. What is with this cheerfulness? It made me sick enough, do they want me to feel nauseous?

I growled at my mother's tone. Ignoring her shouts directed to me, I tossed to the other side of the bed, in case she came in I wouldn't have to look at her. She yelled my name again, this time with a bit of irritation. "Alice Heites!" she called, using my last name now, as if that was going to scare me stiff. I grinned at her pathetic attempts to do so. I turned my head to see what time it was. Only 9:23 A.M., on a Saturday, which means the trucks were coming to unload the rest of our furniture around 9:45 A.M. And my mother is calling me to, most likely, help with the movers, to hell with that notion. I just moved into a new house, that I despise, if you couldn't tell, the least she could let me do was sleep in until like 10:30 A.M. No, that's not going to happen, since I heard her soft foot steeps creeping up the stairway.

Soon enough, my bedroom doorknob was turned, and in came my mother. Peeking her head in, I looked over at her to see what she wanted, though it was quite clear already, she had a smile glued to her face. However, she didn't dare step foot in my room, which I appreciated, very much. She managed to stretched her neck out from behind the door and look around my room and over to my window. Still not saying a word to me, this was beginning to annoy me.

I sat up from the bed and rubbed my eye, a bit dizzy. God, I wish I could just sleep. My mother looked at me with a puzzled look on her face, "Why are the blinds closed?" she asked, as if she didn't know me, as if I wasn't her daughter. She knew, hell everyone knew I wasn't ever a morning person. The evolution of my mothers idiocy was expanding to a new level. She still hadn't moved from her spot, just standing on the other side of my door. I didn't answer he question. What was the point, she would just bicker back and forth with me, as if she was a child. "Nice room isn't it?" she stated, as she looked around for the second time, like it was a whole new thing for her to see. Yeah, of course it was nice. It was new. Everything new is usually nice. But it wasn't my old ratty bedroom. It was big, empty with plain white walls. How interesting right? Her statement caused me to glare at her as if she was insane, which was the case, I'm sure.

"You have to get up." she said in a stern tone. I rolled my eyes, feeling the erge to yell at her and let only some of the rage against her. Instead, I thought I'd save my breathe and replace mindless cursing with a civilized reply.

"Alright, I'll be down in a minute." with an irritable tone that my mother seemed to be unaware of.

She stared at me, I shrugged at her and gave her a puzzled look. What more does she want from me? She looked around, over to the empty closet and then directed her attention to me, "Because the movers are on their way-" she began, of course, with a bit of urgency in her voice. But in reality there was no fucking rush, my mother was just extremely uptight, and she always was nervous. Nothing could ever just be spontaneous with her, though the sudden move to Redeo was certainly spontaneous.

"Alright." I said, before she could finish her thought, since I wasn't in the mood to hear her speech about why I needed to get up.

Hoping my simple, willing, answer would satisfy her, to my disappointment, it didn't. Since she didn't leave, I'm guessing she had more to say. This was annoying me down to the bone. It's a Saturday, I'd like to take a moment out of my day to just lay in bed and not be disturbed. Is that so hard to understand. I mean really, my parents had their way, now it's time for me to have a bit of victory.

"And the movers need our help." I was right, she still needed to talk. You would think that the fact that she had already told me the movers would be arriving is enough for me to get that I would be assisting in carrying things in. Certainly not, she needed to add in a bit more pointless information.

"So, get up." she said, as if expecting me to hop out of bed fully dressed and in a delighted mood to spend my Saturday morning carrying heavy furniture with sweaty men. Yes, that is a dream come true for me.

"Alright, mom!" I growled, anger bubbling in my tone, "-God damn" I mumbled as I slouched back down in bed.

She shut the down and finally let me be. I'll risk the chance of her entering my room again, so I pulled the covers over my body again and shifted myself to face a wall. I stared blankly at it, I thought of things I could do. I could take a long walk and hope to get so dreadfully lost I'll never show my face in the town again, or I could sit at home and watch mindless TV and listen to my parents gush over the house. Sighing at the two pathetic ideas, I noticed how eerily quiet the house had suddenly gotten. I took another moment, while staring at the wall, the house sounded empty. Like my parents vanished. Then something struck me, the walls were so dull, that was apparent, but I could put a bunch of my posters up now. Since my old room was much too small for the large collection of band posters I had growing over the years. And my bedroom furniture would be arriving, which means I can at least keep myself busy by arranging my bedroom to my liking. I rolled on my back, trying to figure out how and why everything died down on the floor below me.

Just when I thought I could get a moment of peace, my kind mother blasted out her shittiest country album she owned. In her words 'It's just one of those original things.' though it was the same old lyrics like, 'I don't need money if I have my honey'. The lyrics to make you gag, well at least you're like me. She had it turned up so loud that the Texas Pride Parade could hear her perfectly clear. It was blasting throughout the residence to such an extreme level that I could feel my bed slightly vibrating every time the drums would strike. She had to go there. Country music. I groaned at the terrible music that was poisoning my bedroom space.

I stumbled out of bed, and again my feet were 'humbly' graced by the cold floor and walked over to my overnight bag as fast as I could. I grabbed my black Clash T-Shirt and black denim shorts. I slipped my clothes on as quickly as I could. Walking over to my night stand to grab the brush sitting on top of it, something caught my eye, my inquisitive instincts kicking in. Two figures stood outside my front yard on the sidewalk. I squinted my eyes, trying to see if I could figure out what they were doing without opening the curtains. Though, I couldn't see much, my blinds were made of thin material but they blocked my vision quite a bit. I peaked through the curtain, to my discovery, there were the same boys from the night before. The green haired kid and the bleached one. I was surprised to see them out, again, at this time in the day.

To accompany them, my mothers dog had escaped from the yard and was.. Playing? Playing with the shorter boy. The damn dog was a talented escape artist. He could find a way to get out of anywhere and he could definitely escape from here, which was clear. If only I could do the same. As much I would love to pretend I didn't see a thing and that I thought he was in the yard the whole time. As much as I'd love to never see the thing again, I'd feel just a slight bit of guilt, since I'm an animal person, I couldn't let the dog get out with the chances of getting hit by a car or eaten by something bigger than itself. So I did the first thing that came to mind, go get the weaselly dog.

I made my way downstairs, my next challenge was to go through the living room without my ears bleeding from this horrible music. Oddly enough, my mother was no where to be seen. So why the disgusting 'music' being blasted through the stereo? Because my mother loves to set me off, of course. She was probably somewhere in the kitchen, though I didn't really care, as long as I didn't have to fraternize with her. As I walked pasted a mirror, dangling from the wall that was by my front door, I caught a quick glimpse of myself. My dark hair was resting on my shoulders, a bit of a mess. And my face looked extremely tired and unhappy. Great, I look stunning. I shrugged it off, mostly because I didn't care what I looked like nor did I care what these two boys thought of my appearance. I usually liked the way I look, and I dress how I like and whats comfortable for me. And as of today, I could look like a slug and not give a damn.

I opened the door, and a gust of cool beachy like air moved itself around my petite body. No wind, just calm air, it didn't move my hair at all, but I could feel it move through it. I never felt something so refreshing before. Okay, I have to admit, I love this weather.

I brought my attention to the two boys that were in front of my house. The green haired boy was laying on his back, with my dog on top of him trying to nip his ears. The boy squirming on the floor seemed to be enjoying himself, while the boy who was standing was watching over him, letting out bits of laughter.

I stepped out and winced slightly, the ground was even colder than the floor in my bedroom. Once I shut the door, the boy with bleached hair directed his eye's to mine and grinned. I looked at him awkwardly. I wasn't in the mood for exchanging glares, it was too cold and I was too tired, so I went forward with the task at hand, "De Soto, down!" I called sternly, he didn't acknowledge my existence, since he was much too busy slobbering all over the boy. I began to walk down the steps as casually as I could. The crisp morning air was very distracting for me, all I wanted to do was to stand still and bask in the serenity of the breeze.

I walked over to the side walk, minding my distance from the two boys, "De Soto!" I growled. The boy with blonde hair looked over at me with a smirk, out of the corner of my eye I watched him look at me up and down. I felt rather exposed, since I wasn't used to getting looks like that. It looked like he just gulped. Did he? Brushing the thought aside I looked at the dog again, he noticed my presence and I looked up at me. "Hi there." the boy who was standing next to me greeted in a welcoming and causal tone. My heart began to beat at a faster rate, which was strange. I didn't pay any mind to it. I smiled at him with on the corner of my lip and nodded. The boy who was getting 'mauled' by my Boston Terrier picked himself up off the ground, with my dog in his hands. He was short, very short, not that I was some towering building. "Don't worry about it, Tre is friendly." the boy with blond hair jokingly said. I chuckled quietly at is humor. He did the same, "My name is Billie, by the way." I looked over at him and noticed his eye's, they were a gorgeous shade of green. He had sad looking eye's, like they had seen a lot in his life time. But as I looked into them I could see a shimmer in them as my heart began to beat faster again. "I'm Alice." I said with a smile, trying to make my responses short and sweet, and broke eye contact with him, to avoid any awkwardness. "Nice name." he said casually. My heart skipped a beat I think, 'Shut up and get the dog!' I thought, scolding myself inwardly. "Thank you." I said simply with a smile on my face that I tried so hard to suppress. "You're shirt is cool too. The Clash is great." he said, trying to make an effort by starting a conversation, I assume. I didn't want to be rude, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to people. But since this was an opportunity to meet someone new, I made a slight attempt to be kind and say something back. I nodded in agreement, "They are, aren't they? I'm a huge fan." He smiled at me and nodded, cutting conversation down to a minimum, which was fine with me.

The boy, who was cradling my dog in his arms snickered at him with a loving look, "Alright you little fucker, play time is over." I rolled my eyes, my grinning at the boy's tone of voice. It was squeaky, a bit high pitch. I wasn't sure if it was his actual tone of voice, but either way it was quite amusing. He handed me the dog and looked at me with a distorted look. It looked like he was thinking, painfully thinking, or suffering from extreme mental pain. His facial expression had changed, to a more enlightened look, like he just had an epiphany. I smiled at him, thankful that he gave me my dog back. "Hey! You're girl who was yelling at us last night." he said, pointing out the obvious. I nodded, trying to avoid conversation, since I was beginning to shiver. The cold ground consumed every bit of heat that was in my feet, they felt frozen and stiff.

"Yeah, that was me." I said, "Well, it's cold, I'm tired." I added, as I awkwardly turned around and walked back to the door. I didn't look back, for some reason I felt embarrassed, I just wanted to get inside and warm myself up. I walked up the small steps, by the looks of it, they were probably made for elderly people.

As I reached for the door I heard a cheap 'Cat Call' type whistle directed to me, I'm guessing, since I was the only one out there. Since I never got 'compliments' such as those, my only response to it would be a simple 'Fuck off.' But, I didn't want to engage in such petty compliments, I groaned and did my best to ignore it.

I clenched the doorknob tightly and tried to turn it, only problem was it wouldn't move. It felt like it was locked on the inside. My first thought was 'My mother is the one behind it.' but tried to think of something more logical, my mother wouldn't do that, she can be a bitch but she wouldn't lock me out of my own home. I need to stop putting the blame on her about everything.

I tried to turn the knob again, still no luck. I don't think I mentioned how extremely lucky I am, did I? The two boy's chuckled at the failed attempts to open the door. I tried to ignore it, though it was annoying me just a bit. I pounded on the door, every time I did, I added in a bit more anger to it. After a good six or seven times of practically beating my door the palm of my left hand was red and it stung a bit. Since there was no response from inside, I gave up on hitting the door. My mom couldn't hear me, her music was too loud.

Another whistle, from one of the boys caught my attention, they were still there, who knows why though. I turned around with a hostile look on my face. "Just needed to get your attention." Billie said with a smirk on his face.

I glared at him, holding my dog that was drooling down my arm. "Well, you got it." I said, as a slightly lifted my left arm. He nodded, "Can't get in can ya?" he asked dumbly.

I shook my head, "No, I can get in, I just like standing in the cold and slap my door around for fun." I said with an irritated tone. He laughed, which made me want to smile at the fact that I made him do so. I turned back around and proceeded to turn the knob again, hoping that this time it would open, it didn't.

"You're the ones who just moved here didn't you?" he asked. Well obviously, he did see me watch out of the house previously.

I turned back around, "Yeah." I said with a bland tone of voice.

"It tends to do that." he added, nodding his head casually. Yeah, cause this kid knows everything about my house doesn't he?

"Does it now?" I asked, slightly curious as to how he would know that.

He stood there with a smirk implanted on his face and looked at me. What's with all the smirks and staring? I raised an eyebrow, waiting for a response, he let out a laugh that had a bit of a mocking tone to it, "Yeah.. I do, my old friend friend used to live there." he said, with an 'As-A-Matter-Of-Fact' tone of voice.

Rolling my eyes, I let him continue. "Yeah, he uh, he had lots of parties there." his voice was now lowered, and seemed slightly shy. It was a bit of pointless information, and it was enough to annoy me.

"That's great. But as much as I would love to listen to more pointless information about what went on in this house, I'd like it even more to get inside" I snorted.

He chuckled and bobbed back and forth in his stance, "Follow me." Yeah that's going to happen. I stood there and furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"C'mon, I know how to get in from the back." he said with a confident and happy tone. He walked onto my yard and closer to me. This guy has no boundaries. And in a strange way I was beginning to get a attracted by it.

"First of all, I don't need help getting in my own house.-" I put an emphasis on 'my', "Second of all if you go back there, all you'll find is a fourteen foot gate, which is locked." I stated calmly, still holding my dog, which was beginning to wiggle around.

He stopped walking slowly to the back of my house and shrugged, "So." he chuckled. What is with this kid.

"So, that means you can't jump it." I clarified.

"And thirdly, this is my property, and you're on it. That's called trespassing." I said slowly.

He chuckled again. Of course, it was irritating me more than my mothers country music. "It's not like you'll call the cops on me." he said in a smart ass type of voice.

I raised an eyebrow, "How can you be so sure?"

He stood there and looked at his feet for a moment, "You wouldn't"

I glared at him, he smiled at me, which made my stomach do a flip, which I mentally smacked myself for doing. This was all so amusing to him wasn't it?

"I hope you're not betting yourself on that." I said with a smirk, walking closer to him as he did the same.

He raised an eyebrow, "What if I am?"

Now he was about three feet away from me, while the Tre kid was off to the side picking at his hair. I groaned quietly.

"Well, that wouldn't be the best idea." I said sheepishly

He laughed, "You couldn't do anything."

I was starting to grind my teeth at his behavior, "How's that?", trying to hold back from calling him any names.

"Because you don't have a phone." He said, tailing me into the ground, so to speak. He figured it out. But I could always pretend I had a phone.

"And how do you know?" I asked with an annoyed tone of voice.

He rolled his eye's, "You're locked out of you're house. Get it?"

I glared at him. But what can I do? Pull a phone out of mid air? Course not. I took a breath in and accepted my defeat. What's the point in standing outside waiting for my parents to figure out I'm not in the house if these two new a way to get in. Worth a shot to see how they get in if this ever happens again, which I'm sure it will.

"Alright." I said quietly, he nodded proudly and began to walk towards the back of my house, the Tre kid followed.

We stopped, and I stared boredly at the gate and put my had on my hip tiredly. Billie walked closer to it and then turned to me, "Okay, so what you do is-" he said as he grabbed the knob and forcefully lifted it while letting out a grunt, it looked rather heavy. "-lift it, pull it forward, and slide it back." he said as he opened it. He look at step back and raised his arm, motioning it for me to enter my back yard. I smiled graciously at him. He stood there and looked at his hand, it was a dark shade of red, and looked back to me "You're welcome." he said with a big cheeky smile. I rolled my eyes, "Thank you. Sorry for the attitude." I said truthfully and began to walk through the back and past the gate. He looked at me, still standing where he was, "Hey, I have a band and a gig coming up, if you're free you should come see it." he stated. I felt a bit humbled by the offer. I turned around, "Where is it?" I asked. He lifted his head to look at me, "Berkeley square. If you get the local paper, we're on the cover, I think" he said. "I like to dance a happy gig on Telegraph Avenue every once in a while!" the Tre kid shouted. I laughed for a moment. I nodded, "You're that band Green Day huh?" I asked. He nodded happily, "That's us. Come check us out, I'd like to see more of you around." he said. I didn't know what he meant by that but I shook my head in approval. He nodded his head to Tre and they began to walk away, he waved back at me as I headed for the back door that was thankfully unlocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy.