Status: Slowly coming along.

All Alone Again.

A Circumstance That Doesn't Make Much Sense.

It hadn't been the most productive day, I lazed about in my house as I watched the movers lug our old furniture into our new home, getting the occasional 'scoot off the couch' by mother as she patrolled the area, the pole up her ass much in much higher today, and then the constant inspection of the fridge was in order every twenty five minutes or so.

The movers came around nine thirty, right after my encounter with the two boys, Billie and Tre, and now they had finally left, at three. I didn't know what to do with myself, all I could do was think of that Billie kid, the smirks he gave me were implanted in my head, everything I thought traced back to this morning. For example, let's say I was thinking about music, somehow, it would lead to Billie. It worried me, my mental health was shattering beneath my skull and there wasn't anything I could do about it. The fact that I was thinking about him, a stranger, caused me to question myself.

I was left all alone, once my parents left to go to the market, I had nothing to do and no one to bother me doing so. The house was quiet, enough for me to go insane. I lounged on the couch lazily, it was becoming a bad habit, and glanced through the TV guide magazine as I turned on the TV. Nothing was on, as usual. There was nothing to eat, also as usual. And yet again I'm bored, do I really need to point out how frequent that is? This was beginning to look like another boring day as it slipped through my fingers and blew away and vanished into thin air.

As I looked around the house, contemplating whether or not I should read or sleep, I noticed a few pieces of furniture that were arranged in such a way that reminded me of my old house. My eye's grazed in all areas of the room, hoping that something would catch my eye. Nothing of any interest was near me, I was literally wasting my time. The only thing that got my attention was the window, with the bright sun shinning through the glass. And with the strange turn of events and quick spark of 'inspiration' I picked up my jacket that was beside me and headed for the door. I had my cell phone in my pocket, so if anyone needed me, I'd proudly let them know I'm out and ended the cycle of being a hermit.

I surprised myself by how fast I decided to get out of the house, let alone in the day time. I smirked at my dramatic ways, which made me think of Billie, as I pulled my jackets hood over my head. Whisking the front door open, the sun blinded me for a moment as I raised my hand up to my face to shield my eyes, like a vampire being tossed out into the sun to suffer. I stepped down, out of the doorway, and reconsidered if going outdoors was a good idea. As I shut the door behind me I pushed myself to go 'exploring' and see what everyone claims I need to see. Maybe go up the street, around the block and back, and I'll call it a day. I looked out to the street, to the same spot where the two boys once stood, no one was there, not that I was hoping to see them, it would be a tad bit creepy if they were still out there. I walked down the small narrow steps and tossed the house keys up and down in my hand as I walked through my front lawn that was horribly dried out. The neighborhood was full of emptiness, the extravagant houses lined up and down the street didn't bring any vacancy, something dull and desolate was swarming the premises. It bothered me, not too much, I did enjoy the quiet. The sky was a calming shade of baby blue and the East Bay sun was beating down on my head while my black zip up hoodie was absorbing all it's heat. I pulled it off as I strolled casually down the street, with a somewhat sour look on my face, due to the sun and my lack of sun glasses, but the slight feeling that something was going to happen lingered in my mind.

Going down a quiet street, I noticed a strip, of society. It consisted of, what it seems to be, a coffee house, a thrift store, a market and other small 'look arounds'. The feeling moved me and I decided to check it out, since there wasn't anything else better to do. I kept my head down, my eyes were glued to the sidewalk as I watched my small feet that were protected by my old converses, the tops would occasionally brush against the cement due to dragging them lazily.

The street was exceptionally clean, not a piece of rubbish in sight, it was odd. I brought my head up and looked around, I was almost to the cross walk, the neighborhood reminded me of a picture in a magazine. It was too perfect, perfect enough to suspect something was horribly wrong with it. But who knows what, probably nothing, just my paranoia showing its ugly face in my head.

Almost within reach of my destination, with my head slung down to the floor, I heard The Clash being played in a music shop right on the corner of the street. I brought my head up almost immediately, stopping in my tracks, trying to hear if I was correct about the music being played. I was right, never wrong when it comes to spotting music, especially The Clash. It brought a smile to my face, I picked up the pace and headed for the small music store.

The old, plain, worn out shade of black paint laid on top of aged broken brick walls, with a plain with sign on top of it read Barney's Music Palace, cheesy name for such a small place but whatever. It rested on the corner of Ave 45 and Linda St. It was rustic looking on the outside, out of place amongst the flashy new stores around it, but on the inside was a whole new world.

I trotted across the street and walked up to the glass door that read "Push" and of course I pulled on it, looking like a dumb kid who can't read big blue letters that were practically yelling directly in my face. My smile only widened more when I walked inside. No reason in particular, but being a music lover and a 'musician' I enjoyed nothing more but to hang out in a place like that. The floor had fire engine red carpeting all around the shop, clean black painted walls and guitar legends photographs framed up on the walls in every place you turn. There were a two older men standing, well more like hanging around the front desk, they looked like they were in their late 30's, long grungy hair, wrinkles and crevasses around their eye's and mouth, but had the bright smile that could be seen on a seven year old in a toy store. They nodded and greeted me as I walked in, I returned it as they went back to their conversation. I was automatically drawn by a beautiful red electric guitar hung up on the wall, just begging me to hold it. I looked up at it with wide eye's, 'I'd kill to play that for less than thirty seconds.' I thought to myself as I stood back and stared at it some more.

A women from behind patted me on the shoulder, which made me jerk back, pulling me out of my daydream that revolved around that guitar. She smiled and stepped back quickly, "You need anything?" she asked, softly and casually. I spun around with a blank look on my face, probably looking like some whacked out druggie just hanging around the Avenue. I regained my composure and smiled at her, I noticed her arms that were drenched in gorgeous tattoo's, she smiled and grabbed her left arm. "Erm.. No, uh, I was just looking around and noticed that masterpiece." I said pointing up to the guitar. She smiled and nodded, "Yeah, that one has a really great sound." She said as she leaned on her right and looked up at it. "Really?" I said dumbly, she looked back at me with a smile and nodded, "Wanna find out?" she said as she walked closer and grabbed a step and picked it up and pulled it out of the neck holder it was in. I was mesmerized at the metallic shade of red as it reflected the sunlight that was seeping through the window, it was gorgeous. She handed it to me carefully, as if it was a new born baby. It was fairly light and smoother than silk as I grasped it in my hands, embracing its curves with my fingers. Hah, sounds a bit awkward if I wasn't talking about a guitar huh? The women stood there with her arms crossed and a smile on her face as I began to play Working Class Hero, it was tuned just right, and I began to play more. "You like?" she asked as I stopped playing. I looked up at her, "God, it's amazing." I said truthfully. She laughed and nodded, "Well, you can take a seat and play more if you would like. My name is Alexis, by the way, if you need anything just let me know." she said as she pointed to a stool by the front door, I nodded and she walked over to assist someone else who just walked in.

About half an hour sitting on the small stool playing the guitar, I realized two things, I was in love and that I was sitting in such a terrible slouching position that my back was killing me. I stood up from my seat, thinking it was about time to put it back, before I got too attached to the guitar, I saw Alexis and nodded at her. She walked back over with a smile, "So what do you think. Gimme the details." she said s she cracked her knuckles. I chuckled, "It a great guitar. Expensive.-" I paused as we both laughed, "But it's truly great." I said as I looked at it once more before I handed it over to Alexis. She nodded "Well, if you're short on money, we can hold it for you." she said as I handed it to her, "As much as I'd love to own it, I can't afford it." I said as I dug my hands into my jacket pockets. It was a hard and painful thing to say, but that's the problem with 'truth' it hurts. As she went to go put it back, I heard the 'one of a kind' high pitch voice enter the music store. My heart let out a large thump and I froze in my spot. "Alexis! I'm here for the symbols!" Tre shouted. If I didn't know better, this neighborhood and town was smaller than I thought, that or these guys are stalking me. Alexis turned around and flashed the petite boy a humble smile. I stupidly turned around, only to find Tre walking up to me. It was a terrible move, I just relieved myself.

"Alice!" He cried in delight. I cracked a smile as he skipped over to me. It was only him, and him alone. And this was only a casual thing, running into someone you 'know' at a local music store, no big deal. If only I knew how wrong I was.

I pulled my hand out of my pocket and waved awkwardly at him, "Hey.. Tre." I said as he walked up to me. He had a grin on his face and nodded, "So, Alexis, you got what I'm lookin' for?" he asked as he waggled his eyebrows. I chuckled slightly at him, "Well, Alexis it was nice meeting you-" I began, "Oh! You too, see you soon." she said as she stuck out her hand for me to shake it. I nodded with a smile and accepted, "I gotta get going." I said and began to walk to the door, but not without Tre shushing me. I rolled my eyes and started walking. "No! Come back here." Tre shouted, which made Alexis laugh. I stopped and looked back at him with an annoyed look on my face. He waved his arm, motioning for me to come over. I shook my head, "I gotta go." I said and turned around quickly. "Well.. You know there is a bathroom in the back. Don't need to shout it out...That's very embarrassing, I'm sure." he said, probably not trying to be a smart ass but trying to make things clear in an innocent way. I could understand, and try my hardest to not get even more annoyed with the green haired kid. I rolled my eyes with a smirk on my face and pulled on the door, that said "Push" and of course I didn't bother to pay any never mind to it.

I walked out of the music store, with Tre out of sight. I stopped at the corner, looking around trying to find the next place to check out. I stood there, blankly and with the silence covering me, the bubble was broken, "I suggest the thrift store, that is if you're looking for a place to find cross dressers." Tre said casually, as he stood behind me on my left side. I gasped in fright. He came out of no where, as you can imagine it took me off guard. I turned to him with an angered look, "Dude! Where did you come from?" I said, as I clenched my fists that were tucked away deep inside my jacket pockets, like always. He looked at me as if it was completely normal to harass random girls he doesn't know, "Oh back there. Come on let's go to the thrift store!" he said as he began to walk across the street, I didn't know why he was such a persistent little boy, but it annoyed me. I didn't know him. But then again, he doesn't seem so vicious, nor does he look dangerous, he's fuckin shorter than me. He made his way to the other side, as I stood on the other looking ahead. "Alice, come on!" he yelled. I groaned and shook my head, and began to cross the street that was in front of me. "Oh, c'mon! Alice, we can go to wonderland!" Tre cried waving both arms around, he looked like he had gone mental. "Tre, I don't know you!" I said, letting out a laugh at his idiocy.
"Yeah, but no one knows anyone and then they meet someone and then they know them!" he cried. I shook my head, trying to keep is madness away from me and kept walking, letting the boy down. I didn't care. All I wanted to do was go look around by myself, and that's what I shall do.

As I made my way down the street, I looked back to see if anyone was around me. Thankfully, no one, as in Tre, was in sight.

I walked over to a small magazine store and bought a Rollingstone magazine with Madonna on the cover, I cringed at the sight, but when I looked inside, it seemed like a good issue. I went down the street a bit more and found a coffee house and sat outside to read it.

An hour later, after reading the article of Bruce Springsteen, and drinking two green tea drinks, I found out that being alone wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be. I slouched back into my chair and looked out on the boulevard, there was another music store and a book store next to it. I looked at both of them, what to do, what to do. I picked up my magazine and placed it in my lap and took a deep breath in as I looked up to the sky, it was beginning to get rather cloudy. I let out my breath in a sigh and felt a slight breeze blow in my face.

I thought about what Tre had said to me, well more like shout it out to me, about how we don't no someone until you get to know them, and as obvious as it is, and as crazy as this sounds, he was right. I shouldn't have been so rude. But then again, I didn't know him and I didn't care and I didn't quite have the interest in getting to know him, but now that I think about it more and more, he didn't seem so bad, nor was he.. No he was rude. But I was too.

I got up from the small table I was lounging at and began to head for the cross walk to check out the other music store. I looked through my magazine once more and glanced at the train wreck celebrities, that somehow managed to make it into Rollingstone, and smirked at how pathetic they were. I hate celebrities. Such terribly starved money whores.

As I stashed the magazine under my arm and ended my rant on celebrities, I saw a funny looking green haired kid, which in fact was Tre Cool. I smiled, now was my chance to meet someone 'new'. He was standing on the other side of the street. I shouted, "Tre!" with a smile and waved slightly at him. If Tre were a dog, his ears would have jolted up, but his huge smile made up for it. He waved back and sprinted across the street as soon as it said "Walk"

Debating about whether or not this was a good idea. After about another minute of thinking, I figured, 'What the hell' I shrugged, and walked across the street. I made it this far, you know, actually getting out of the house, further than my front yard. He walked up to me, and now we were just standing in the middle of the cross walk like a couple as idiots. I shrugged awkwardly as I looked into his stunning crystal blue eyes "So." I said as I scratched the back of my head. He raised his eyebrows and cracked a grin, "Wanna go to the thrift store?" he said slowly but enthusiastically. I chuckled and nodded, "Why the hell not." Tre jumped in the air, attempting to kick his heels together, but ended up looking like a fish out of water, I smirked. He turned around and raised his arm, "Onward to Cross Dresser Lane!" he shouted as he marched toward to thrift store.

"Okay, sooo.." Tre said as he turned to his side, rummaging through a rack of donated clothing,"- This would look good on you." he said as he held up a green sequined long sleeved t-shirt. It was one of the most horrid things I've ever laid eyes on. I smiled and rolled my eyes as I shook my head. "No?-" he turned around once more. And for about a minute, another monstrosity was found. A dreadful little number it was, "What about...This!" he said as he pulled a hideous pink metallic mini tube top dress, I almost gagged. My eye's widened as I took a step back. I take that back, this was the most horrid thing I've ever seen. "It's seen better days." Tre said as he looked at it up and down. "Like in a cheap motel." I mumbled. He looked up at me and laughed, "Yeah, man! Exactly!" he said as stuck his hand out for a high five. I took my hand out of my jacket pocket and gave him an awkward high five. He put it back down, trying to find the next worse thing.

After about twenty minutes of embarrassing clothing items being discovered and Tre teasing me about how good I'd look in them, he suggested to get a bite to eat. Since it wasn't candy, I could always except a meal from a stranger. So why not.

We made our way out of Cross Dresser Lane, down the block to find a small local Mexican restaurant and white, nerdy waiters, just to make things more authentic. Since the weather was nice, we decided to eat outside. It was one of the most random and strange things I have ever done. But fuck it, I don't know anyone in this town, might as well accept anything that comes my way, even if it has green hair.

After we got seated and placed our orders, Tre and I stared at each other. I began to laugh at his facial expressions, I was begging to think, this boy is suffering from a severe case of dementia. Oh well, at least he has a good sense of humor. Right? "What?" I said, moving the hair out of my face, since it was blowing in all sorts of directions. "You're pretty. Tell me about yourself." I gave him an annoyed yet blank look, and played with my napkin that was resting on the table. Clearing my throat, I didn't quite know what to say. I felt as if this was some sort of interview and I was presenting my resemay. "Don't be shy around Uncle Tre." he said, waggling his eyebrows in a creepy fashion. I snorted and let out a laugh. "Uncle Tre?" I said, trying not to smile, bigger than it already was. "If it makes you feel more comfortable." he said, shrugging, sounding completely serious. I shook my head, bringing myself back to the previous question. "Well, Uncle Tre-" I said with a smile, which caused him to do the same. "-I just moved here from Washington." I said, right before Tre let out, "DAAAAAAMN" he said with raised eyebrows, looking like he had been blown away completely. I scrunched my eyebrows and chuckled, "Annnyway.. Parent's made me come with them..Yada yada.. same old boring story as the next kids. I'm pretty average.. Nothing special." I said resting my elbows on the table, crossing them as I huffed a piece hair out of my face. "You forgot to mention ordinary." he said, sounding like a smart ass, with a smirk to match. I squinted my eyes at him, "Thanks... Yes, ordinary." I said dryly. He chuckled, "Only kidding." he said as he leaned back into his chair. "Well then, if you're so amazing, let's here your life story." I said with a bored tone of voice, even though I was rather interested in what he had to say. He smiled brightly, "Well, I'm in junior in high school-" he said, which caused me to raise an eyebrow. "Yes, that's right, I'm not a drop out." he said in a goofy tone of voice waving his finger at me. I shook my head, "No, no. It's not that. I just..Well I didn't know you were younger than me..I mean, you act like it..But I thought that's cause.. never mind." I said. "How old are you?" I added. "17." he said. "Oh." I said looking away and out to the street, filled with zooming cars and a few people walking along the side walks, just an average day, and I was spending it with a not so average boy. "I wasn't held back either.. My birthday is just late." He said, as if he read my mind. "Oh, that's what I thought." I said, trying to cover up my thoughts on him being a bit slower than the rest of us. "How old are you?" he said. "17...But I'm a senior." I said. He nodded, "So what school are you going to be going to?" he said. I shrugged, and groaned, not wanting to think about that at the moment. "I'm going to..Pine Ol'..or P-Pinole..something like that." I said, trying to remember the name of the shitty place where I'll most likely be alone, that or forced to make new friends. I'm not antisocial..I just don't like change okay. I'm a hermit, sue me. Tre's eyebrows almost flew off his face, giving him one of the most priceless looks I have ever seen in my entire life. I started smiling, then laughing, "Something the matter?" I asked, straightening myself out, and refraining from laughing. "You're going to Pinole?!" he said. My stomach dropped and I knew what was about to happen next.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this was a short chapter...I'll post the next chapter verrry soon. I just ended it so soon to build suspense X)
Although, I'm sure you can pretty much guess what will happen next.
But, I hope you enjoyed reading. Comments would be awesome...and suggestions would be much appreciated :)