The Mt. Abe Adventures

.01

Setting: Modern day Mt. Abe
FADE IN: INTERIOR HALLWAY, outside the AMERICAN STUDIES ROOM DURING BREAK. MS: KELSEY and SAMIE two average teenagers sitting looking bored. Shot lasts a minute with no sounds to emphasize the extreme boredom.

KELSEY
(Dramatically puts hand to brow.)
Oh alas! Of all the infections the sun sucks up this boredom is the worst! A plague upon’t!

SAMIE
Woe is us! We shall never survive! I can feel the horrible boredom pulling away my soul, as draining as the plague.

BOTH sigh dramatically and are silent for a moment.

CUT TO CU OF SAMIE

SAMIE
(Sits up suddenly, wide-eyed)
I’ve just had an epiphany!

CUT BACK TO MS

KELSEY
(Also sits up)
Oh! What is it? Have you foreseen a way to end this infinite and endless boredom?

SAMIE
I do believe I have! You know these halls, anointed sovereign of sighs and groans, well, we shall search these very halls in a quest, to find a more interesting person!

KELSEY
(Dramatic intake of breath)
We must consider this extensively before taking it on! For a portion of these canker-blossoms have the quintessence of dust with not so much brain as ear-wax. There could be infinite peril among all the highly fed and lowly taught hourly promise breakers. Why, they’re all eyes and no sight!

SAMIE
Yes, there will be perils of unknown capacity, but the alternative… barely more than a clod of wayward marl. I would rather die a death with excitement than rot here and become nothing more than food for worms. This will be an epic adventure to be re-told throughout the halls of MT. ABE for all eternity!

KELSEY
Alright… I’ll do it!

BOTH stand up triumphantly and the camera moves in for a LA SHOT of their triumphant faces. Exhilarating music plays and lights shine down on them. Camera moves in front for a MS of their epic charge down the hallway. At the corner they run into a SENIOR. (A tall redneck guy.) Cut to CU of their shocked faces. Cut to CU of the SENIOR’s infuriated face. Cut to MS. ALL take a step back. Cut to CU of KELSEY and SAMIE looking nervously to one another then back to CU of the SENIOR.

SENIOR
You Rampallains!

The SENIOR pulls out a sword and steps toward them menacingly. Cut to CU of KELSEY and SAMIE trapped against the wall. Cut to CU of The SENIOR angrily raising his sword and preparing to strike. Cut to CU of KELSEY and SAMIE looking terrified. Cut to MS from side. KELSEY and SAMIE are saved by the SENIOR’s cell phone, it rings and the SENIOR immediately drops the sword and begins texting. Cut to CU of KELSEY and SAMIE who exchange relieved looks and sneak away. Camera pans to follow them. They walk away and disappear around the corner. Cut of MS of SENIOR who puts his cell phone away and takes up the sword again. Looks thoroughly confused upon seeing the absence of SAMIE and KELSEY. Cut back to TS of KELSEY and SAMIE walking down the hall.

SAMIE
That mountain of mad flesh was a bolting-hutch of beastliness.

KELSEY
I do desire we may be better strangers. He was fairly light of brain.

SAMIE
Ah! I’ve spotted someone’s who are not!

KELSEY and SAMIE stop, cut to CU of their exultant faces. Cut to CU of SYLVIA and HANNAH (Two seniors, one short and one tall.) talking at the end of the hallway. Cut back to MS of KELSEY and SAMIE.

KELSEY
We’ve been saved of our dreadful misfortune!

SAMIE
Quick! Let’s catch up to them!

MS of the chase from behind SYLVIA and HANNAH. KELSEY and SAMIE catch up to them and jump them from behind. SYLVIA and HANNAH run away screaming. Camera doesn’t move, shot becomes CU of KELSEY and SAMIE.

SAMIE
Drat! There goes a potentially enlightening conversation.

There is an ominous rumble from the other end of the hall. Camera pans to the end of the hall shaking slightly. Pans back to CU of KELSEY and SAMIE looking terrified. Pan back to the end of the hall (which was empty) and there is a monstrous horde of preps hurtling toward them. Cut to overhead shot of KELSEY and SAMIE being engulfed by the tsunami of preps. After a moment cut to CU of SAMIE and KELSEY emerging looking thoroughly disgruntled.

SAMIE
Darn those long-tongu’d gossipers!

KELSEY
Hurry let’s go to MRS. GRYZB! She and her belly of wisdom will save us!

Cut to MS of KELSEY and SAMIE entering MRS. GRYZB’s room. Upon entering they see MRS. GRYZB, JONAH, and STEPHANIE. Cut to MS of the group.

KELSEY
Hello.

MRS. GRYZB
Well met.

KELSEY
Is KEITH to be found here? I have a book for him.

MRS. GRYZB
He is not, he was attacked by grindylows on his way here and although he managed to defeat them, they broke his car.

KELSEY
Oh well, I will bring it tomorrow them. This grindylow infestation is very apocalyptic.

JONAH
Kelsey! As you told me yesterday you were out of canvas, I brought you a canvas I have no use for!

Cut to CU of KELSEY looking extremely happy.

KELSEY
I love you and your epic awesomeness!

Cut back to MS.

STEPHANIE
We’ve been discussing the wonders of crayons.

SAMIE
Crayons are the epitome of awesomeness.

STEPHANIE
It’s just something about colored wax…

All of a sudden, the bell rings. ALL drop to the floor clutching their ears screaming. Cut to the hallway outside, LS of people in the hallway also on the floor screaming. The bell continues to ring. Cut to EXTERIOR shot of school, BELL and SCREAMING continues. After a minute of the din everything becomes silent. A VOICE sounds over the PA.

VOICE
We apologize for the inconvenience; I accidentally hit the SONIC WAVE OF DEATH button instead of the SPEAKER button.

FADE OUT.

Written by……………….Kelsey Gibson
Kelsey.………….………Kelsey Gibson
Samie…………..……….Samie Mierop
Senior……………………Ron Weasley
Hannah………………Hannah Rickner
Sylvia…………………....Sylvia Sword
Mrs. Gryzb…………………Lisa Gryzb
Jonah..……………….Jonah Wheelock
Stephanie...……….Stephanie Hamblin
♠ ♠ ♠
True for the most part, except the incident with the senior. And no, we don't actually talk like that... except for me.
And the text should be centered, I'm just too lazy to go through and do it all right now. And I'm in an exam at the moment.