Status: Kind of active... it's a new project :]

One Night Stand

Chapter One

Del Wood was, at the moment, one of the most depressed and pathetic people in the world, but you couldn't really blame her after what her fiancé did.... even if it had been almost four months since the shit had hit the fan.

"Come on Del, you can't stay cooped up in this place forever!" her best friend Max whined trying pull her from her position on her bed.

"I know but another couple of months couldn't hurt." she defended as tried to push the mouthy red head away. Max groaned before turning to her boyfriend currently seated on the arm chair in the corner of the room, reading a car magazine.

"Are you just gonna sit there? Or are you gonna help me?" she asked Jason as he looked up from an article about super cars.

"Well, there's really no point is there? She obviously doesn't want to go out. You can't force her."

"Like hell I can't!" she mumbled before finally prying Del from the bed.

"Now, you go take a shower and get some make on to cover those bags under your eyes," she ordered pointing to Del whose hand automatically went to her eyes at her comment "and you, we need to talk." she informed her boyfriend who just sighed and throw his magazine back on the chair as he stood up.

"Talk about what?" he asked as the couple walked out into the living room as Del went into the bathroom.

"About what? About her!" Max hissed pointing towards the closed bedroom door.

"What about her?"

Max stared at her boyfriend incredulously before answering "Four months. Four months of moping and sulking and self pity and.... and... it's not healthy! She should be over him by now."

"Listen, babe, I know you're concerned for her but seriously, it may be taking her a while but you've got to remember how sensitive she is and how long they had been together. She loved him... a lot. It's gonna take her a while."

"But she's so... numb." Max said on the verge of tears. Jason rapped his arms around her and pulled her into a comforting hug.

[XxX]

The water falling from the shower head took a couple of minutes heat up. Del was staring at herself in the mirror, mentally pointing out all of her flaws which seemed to be a recurring event, soon to become a routine.

She could hear Max and Jason's conversation through the thin walls of her apartment which she continuously tried to block out. Some parts kept breaking through as Max shouted at her boyfriend.

"Four months. Four months of moping and sulking and self pity and.... and... it's not healthy! She should be over him by now." Del frowned as she heard the concern in her best friend's voice. She didn't understand. All this 'moping' was helping... sort of, and she had gotten better, she was even looking for a job seeing as it was always Jimmy who paid the bills and groceries.

"She's so... numb." Del's head snapped towards the door as she just barely heard the painful words leave Max's mouth. She started to hyperventilate as she slid down the wall and cried. She quickly wiped her eyes as steam appeared from behind the shower curtain. She quickly stripped and jumped in the shower before getting ready to go out. She didn't particularly feel like going out, she never did, but would make an effort for Max.

Max and Jason looked towards the bedroom door as Del came out in a black dress. Jason's eyes widened and Max starting grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Wow," Jason said before Max hit him upside his head "Oh! What the hell was that for?!"

"You shouldn't ogle other girls in the presence of your girlfriend." Max criticized before turning back to her friend. "You look great!"

"You don't think it's too much?" Del asked tugging nervously on her sleeve. Doing that had always been a habit of hers.

"Nah, let's go party!" Jason said dragging Max over to the front door of the flat.

"Wait!" The couple turned back towards Del who looked petrified. "Aren't you guys gonna change? I-I mean, I feel kind of over dressed."

"Good point, alright we'll go back to our place and come pick you up at say nine o'clock?" Del nodded before saying goodbye to her friends.

At exactly nine Del's doorbell rung signaling the arrival of her friends. She opened the door to see Max in a blue cocktail dress that clashed yet worked well with her bright red hair and Jason, well Jason had really only changed from a T-shirt to a grey shirt.

She smiled at them, went to get her coat and keys and left with them.

They got into Jason's car which was parked right next to Del's building and drove to one of their favourite clubs where the were supposed to meet a few of Jason's friends. Del was getting more and more nervous by the second, she wasn't very good at meeting people and socializing.

Max looked at Del through the rear view mirror and sensed her nervousness. "You don't have to talk anyone other than me or Jase if you don't want to, I'm just happy you're coming."

Del smiled softly at her "Thanks."

[XxX]

Del's POV:

As soon as we got out of the car I could hear the faint music coming from the club. When we entered we made our way over to a table where a couple of girls, but the majority was made up of guys, were sat. There was about five guys and two girls.

"Hey! Jason and Max are here!" One of the guys shouted standing up and pointing to us with a beer in his hand. When we reached the table Max and Jason said hello to everyone while I stood there looking at my friends, seeing them having fun, they never did look like that me.

"Jase, who's the chick?" immediately, my head snapped to look at the guy who had greeted us on arrival. He had long black hair which was messily arranged making him look like great fun.

"Oh, yeah! Guys, this is Del, she's single." He said winking at guy who also had black hair... much like everyone else at the table except the girls. One had blonde hair with black streaks and the other had pink hair. I inwardly cringed at the mention of me being single and was told to sit inbetween fun guy, whose name was actually Chris, and the girl with pink hair whose name I quickly learned was Roxxie. She seemed.... nice.

A couple of beers and conversations later I felt someone nudge me. I looked to my left at Roxxie who came closer and whispered in my ear

"Brian hasn't taken his eyes off of you since you arrived." she pulled back and smirked at me.

"Um, who's Brian?" I asked tugging on my sleeve. Roxxie laughed softly before discreetly nodding towards one of the best looking guys I've ever seen. He had black hair, shock horror, and the most amazing eyes, they scared me half to death but at the same time... I don't know.

I cleared my throat before turning back to Roxxie "I'm gonna go and get a drink." I went and sat at the bar in a seat encircled by empty ones and put my head in my hands trying to surpass hysteria.

"What can I get you?" I looked up into the eyes of the barman. He raised his eyebrow at me before saying "Do you speak English? Sprechen Sie Englisch? Habla-"

"Y-yes! I-I mean, uh, yes. Could I just get a-a shot of Vodka?"

"Don't you think you've had a bit too much already?" he asked me skeptically.

"What? No! I just- I, uh- you don't under-"

"Hey, what are you doing here all alone?" I looked to my left and saw Jason looking at me in confusion. "I thought you were getting along with Roxxie."

"Please tell this guy I'm sober."

"Uh, um, she's sober?" He said turning towards the barman.

"You sure about that?" He asked still looking skeptical.

"Not anymore." Jason mumbled sitting down next to me. I glared at him before glaring at the barman "Vodka. Now." He turned away to get me my drink after holding up his hands in mock surrender.

"So, you still haven't answered my question." A shot glass of Vodka was placed in front of me.

"There you go, your Vodka. That'll be seven dollars." The barman said smiling.

"Seven dollars? Shit, that's expensive." Jason said looking at the bartender.

"I haven't got any money." I said to Jason giving him my best puppy dog eyes. He sighed before pulling out his wallet and giving me a twenty.

"Bring me another one, would you?" I said giving him the note.

"You gonna answer the question?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"What question?"

"Why are you here alone? Roxxie told me you left when she said that Brian was looking at you." I put the shot glass to my lips and emptied it's content's, cringing as it went down my throat.

"You seriously need to get laid." Jason said earning him a weird look from the bar tender as he placed the second shot glass in front of me. Realisation suddenly spread across his face as he Lent against the bar.

"You know, I'm free after twelve." He told me suggestively, finishing with a wink.

"I-I-I-I- um, I'm good thanks." I answered nervously as Jason tried not to laugh. He turned away shrugging and went to serve someone else. I looked over at Jason who was smirking.

"Shut up." I said trying not to laugh.

"I didn't say anything!" He defended as we both started laughing. "If I send Brian over here would you talk to him." Jason asked suddenly very serious. I sighed before looking down at my remaining shot glass.

"I don't know."

"That's it!" My head snapped in Jase's direction "I gonna go and get Brian, you're gonna flirt with him, take him back to your place and screw like rabbits, got it?" He said while getting up.

"But he probably doesn't like me! He probably wasn't even looking at me." He sighed before sitting back down and turning towards me.

"Brian's a bit of a womanizer, he's getting some tonight, doesn't really matter who it is but you're his best bet."

"Why? Why am I his best bet?"

"Because you came with us, it's easier to get into a conversation with you."

"So why doesn't he go for Roxxie or Hannah?"

"Roxxie's Nate's and Hannah's Ryan's."

"But if he's a womanizer then he'll just use me."

"So? Use him first. All you're looking for is a one night stand, right? That way there's no way you can get hurt."

There was a long pause while I contemplated whether or not it would be a good idea or not. "Ok." Jason smiled at me before going back to the table to get Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. Should I continue? Should I not? Please comment and subscribe.