Status: Kind of active... it's a new project :]

One Night Stand

Chapter Five

Del was extremely hesitant to enter the coffee shop, she was already fifteen minutes late but that didn't bother her in the slightest. Finally, she pushed the door and made her way to the table in the back where a very pissed off looking Brian was sat.

Brian

Today had been a very, very bad day. And, to top things off, Del had stood me up. Fantastic, just brilliant. I was about to stand up to leave when she finally arrived and sat down opposite me. I almost smiled in relief but I was in too bad a mood. “Where the hell have you been?” I growled watching her silently call the waiter over.

“I was stuck in traffic.” She lied.

“This place is within walking distance from your flat.” I answered through clenched teeth.

“What's wrong?” she asked, frowning slightly.

“What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong. All my co-workers are completely incapable of working by themselves, they're incompetent and you're late!” She got this kind of guilty look on her face when I mentioned her being late, making me instantly regret blaming her. “Sorry, I'm just... in a bad mood. Ignore me.”

There was an awkward silence as I watched Del silently fidget in her seat until the waiter finally reached us. She smiled politely up at him and ordered a hot chocolate, I ordered another espresso and waited for the waiter to leave before speaking again.

“I've got a lot of work to do for Wednesday, so I'll stay at my place tonight. Do you want to go somewhere tomorrow? With me, I mean.” I had never sounded so pathetically nervous in all my life.

“Um...” Brilliant, rejection “I've got classes tomorrow.”

“That's ok, I'll come pick you up afterwards.” She looked like she was about to protest but decided not to. She mumbled a quiet 'fine' before standing up. “Where are you going?” I asked as she turned to leave.

“Thanks for the, uh, yeah.” Her hot chocolate was placed in front of me moments after she left.

[XxX]

The next day, Max decided to pay her friend a visit to discuss what happened with Brian. “Del! Open up, it's Max!” She yelled, probably disturbing half the building, as she banged on her friend's door. “Del?” She repeated when nobody answered. “Del, please open the door. I know you're home.” Finally, the door opened but only slightly. “Oh, come on, Del. Stop pissing around and open the fucking door.”

The door opened completely to reveal Del staring at her feet. “Jesus, it was about bloody time.” Max said passing her friend to enter the apartment. “You won't believe what Jase did when we got back home last night! It was hilarious, he-” She stopped talking when she saw that Del had yet to look up from her feet.

“Del, what's going on?”

“Nothing, I just need a fag.” She answered in a shaky voice.

“Are you crying?” Max asked, rushing over to the tense girl. Del broke into a fit of sobs and collapsed into her friend's arms. “Fuck, what's wrong? What did Brian do?”

“It's not Brian. I miss him.”

“Who? Oh no, Del. Don't tell me it's Jimmy.” She started to cry harder and rushed into her bedroom. Max watched as she fumbled through the contents of the top drawer of her bedside table for a lighter and lit a cigarette, not caring that she was inside.

“You have to get over him.” Max told her as she lent against the door frame. Del just sat on her bed, staring absent-mindedly in front of her.

“But I love him.” She whimpered before inhaling deeply from the stick between her fingers.

“But he doesn't love you.” Del turned to her friend in shock. Never had she been so blunt on the subject of Jimmy. It hurt her, a lot.

“You don't know that.” She protested through clenched teeth. “The other day at the supermarket, you weren't there. You didn't see how he-”

“Stop lying to yourself. If he really loved you,” She pushed herself off of the door frame and walked over to the bed “He wouldn't have cheated on you and treated you like shit.”

“He was in a difficult place, he needed-”

“If he really loved you, he would have thought about the consequences of his actions. He wouldn't have hurt you like he did, he wouldn't have made you like this!”

The two girls glared at each other in silence, tension rising with each passing second until Max turned away and exited the room. Del took one last drag of her cigarette before putting it out in the crystal ashtray by her bed. “I'm calling Brian!” The redhead yelled from the kitchen as she grabbed Del's home phone.

“I don't want him here!” She yelled back before grabbing the shoebox under her bed and taking out her favourite photo of her and Jimmy. She could faintly hear the conversation Max was having with Brian over the phone as she stared at the picture of her and her ex-boyfriend kissing her cheek.

“Get here quick... nervous breakdown... responsibility...” Del pulled out the Neil Diamond CD before putting the box back under her bed. She took the disc out of it's plastic case and placed it gently in the CD player by her bed.

“Stop listening to this shit. You don't even like Neil Diamond.” Max grabbed hold of the CD cover and sat on the bed next to Del.

“I like this song.” She mumbled, tugging on the sleeves of her worn out sweatshirt. The redhead sighed before chucking the cover onto the bed and leaning against the headboard.

“Hurry up, Brian.” She pleaded making her friend frown at her.

Brian arrived a few minutes later, covered in sweat and out of breath. Despite the angry look on his red face, he seemed somewhat overly concerned as he hurried to the bedroom. As soon as he was close enough, he wrapped his arms around Del and pulled her into a tight hug.

“Brian, why are you wet?” She asked, awkwardly patting his back.

“I'm not wet, I'm sweaty.” He answered with a smirk, pulling away.

“Then why are you sweaty?”

“Why you crying?”

“I asked first.”

Brian sighed “I was at the gym when Max called. I didn't even have time to get changed or have a shower. There, now why are you crying?”

“She's crying because she's missing her no-good, cheating, son-of-a-bitch of an ex.”

“You shouldn't talk about him like that.” Del said, glaring at her friend.

“What the hell is wrong with you?! He broke your heart and left with-”

“Max, mouthing off isn't helping.” Brian scolded, sitting opposite Del on her satin sheets.

“Fine, I'll leave you to deal with her. Lori, you really need to snap out of this shit. He's not worth it.” She left the couple to themselves, arms crossed over her chest.

Brian stared at the girl in front of him as she awkwardly fidgeted with her sleeves. It seemed his presence did nothing but make her slightly more uncomfortable than usual. “Kiss me.” He spoke softly, edging closer.

“Brian, please. I'm not in the mood.” She gently pushed his chest, keeping distance between them.

“It wasn't a question.” He placed his hand on the small of her back bringing her closer to his own body. Her hands remained on his chest, trying unsuccessfully to push him away.

“Brian, let me go. I'm serious.” She argued.

“And I was fucking serious when I told you to kiss.” His tone was firm, border-lining angry. It scared her slightly into submission and she stopped struggling against his restraints.

She hesitated for what seemed like an eternity to Brian before delicately brushing her lips against his. He held her in place by her neck before she had a chance to pull away. “Brian,” she mumbled against his lips.

“Forget him, whoever he is, forget him. I'm here now, let me be with you.”

Del struggled hard to hold back the tears as she opened her mouth to speak. “I don't want you.” Brian's grip on the back of her neck tightened as he he clenched his teeth. He slowly slid his hand down the side of her neck, brushing over her exposed collarbone and pulled away from her.

“However unbelievable you sound with those tears in your eyes doesn't stop the fact that what you just said hurt. You're not the only person with feelings here, Del. And I'm getting sick of your selfishness.” Brian stood from the bed and went to open the bedroom door.

“I-I never said I wanted you.” Del mumbled, regretting it instantly after you. She begged silently for retaliation, for him to shout at her, tell her off, scream at her until his throat went raw but all he did was sigh, never even turning around to look at her before exiting the bedroom, closing the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, almost a whole year since I last updated :S