Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

We're All Part Of The Same Sick Little Game

"Ashlee fucking Marie Martino, answer this door right now!" I groaned and rolled off the couch.

I opened the door to reveal Patrick tapping his foot impatiently and crossing his arms over his chest, "Jonathan isn't home. Where is he?"

I rolled my eyes and pulled Pat inside, and closed the door behind me, "First of all," I whispered, "lower your voice. Second of all, Jon is in my room sleeping. Third of-"

"He's in your room?" Pat yelled, "What the fuck is he doing there? We have practice in an hour!"

"Pat, please stop yelling. I'm tired. I didn't get very much sleep last night" I said, putting a hand on my head, signaling that I was in alot of pain.

"Ashlee, what the fuck happened last night?" He asked, lowering his voice a little bit.

"We got here. We got in a stupid little fight about who was going to take my bed, and who was going to take the couch. Then, I pushed him, then funny guy grabbed my waist," I let out a sigh, "then he kissed me"

Pat's eyes widened, and grinned, "I knew it! I fucking knew it! Didn't I tell you Ash? I told you, I told you!"

"Shut up, I know, you're right. I'm wrong. And for the record, I don't like him"

All of a sudden, his face dropped, "You're lying. You're all glowy this morning. Ashlee's in looove" He sing-songed the last part, dragging out the 'o'.

"I am not 'in love'" I muttered crossing my arms over my chest.

"So, you're in like?"

"What the fuck does that even mean?"

"It's when you like someone but don't love them"

I laughed, "Either you've been hanging out with girls or faggots for way too long my friend"

"I resent that. My teammates are good straight guys"

"Right, okay Pat, whatever you say. Anyways, onto more important things, when do you leave for your first away game?"

"Tomorrow"

I smiled inwardly. That means I had 4 days to figure out what I was going to do about Jon, and to figure out my feelings.

"Aw, I'm going to miss you" I said sarcastically, "Especially you telling me how right you are, and how wrong I am"

"Go fuck Jon, would you please? He needs to get his Captain Serious mode back"

"Go to hell, Patrick" I said glaring at him.

He smiled, "Meet you down there. Well, I better get going. Practice is in" He checked the time on the microwave, "45 minutes. Whenever Jon gets up, tell him to get his ass there please"

I nodded, "Right, bye Pat"

I gave him a quick hug and he left. That was the great thing about being best friends with Patrick. We could always insult each other, and call each other whatever we wanted, but we both knew that we would always be best friends.

I decided to watch some TV for a while to clear my mind before Jon woke up, and he might want to talk. Well, maybe not since he has practice and all, but then I have to drive him because he doesn't have his car. Oh, this day couldn't get any better.

After having an argument in my head for a while, Jon appeared out of my room. "Good morning Ashlee"

So, he was going to play the game of something-happened-last-night-and-I'm-going-to-try-to-make-it-not-awkward-so-I'll-act-like-nothing-happened.

"Morning Jon" I said trying to smile sweetly, but grinding my teeth on the inside, "Pat came over before. You have practice in about 20 minutes"

"Shit" He muttered underneath his breath.

"Mhm" I said bored, looking at the screen but not paying any attention to what was on it.

"I don't have any equipment. Everything's at home, and I don't have time to get it"

"You could borrow Austin's stuff" I suggested, "I'm sure he won't mind after what you did for him"

"You sure?"

"Yup. Everything should be in his closet; it should fit you"

From the corner of my eye I saw him give a faint smile, "Thanks Ash"

"Mhm" I said once again, still keeping my eyes locked on the screen.

5 minutes later, Jon had a bag with Austin's equipment inside of it. "Ash?"

"Yeah?" I said finally looking up from the TV. I noticed that Jon looked terrible. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was all messed up. Obviously he got just as much as sleep as I did, which was absolutely none.

"I kind of need a ride. You took me there and back here, remember?"

"Oh, right" I nodded and went to go grab my shoes.

"You're going to go in your dress?"

I nodded and pulled on my shoes, "Judging by the time, I doubt you have any more time to waste by me getting dressed, so I guess I have no choice. Let's just go"

He shrugged, obviously not wanting to put up a fight with me, and just followed me to the car. I threw his bag into the trunk and got into the car without any word, Jon following suit.

I cranked up the radio so we wouldn't have any time to talk, and was thankful that the arena was 10 minutes away from my house. If Jon wanted to play the game of nothing happening, then two can play that game.

"Thanks Ashlee, I owe you" He said smiling, opening the door to get out.

"Don't even mention it Jon. Have a good practice. Tell Austin I'll see him later"

He nodded, "Will do. I'll see you later"

I rolled my eyes, and began driving back home, not even looking back at Jon's crushed face.

____

Jon's P.O.V:

"What's up with you?" Brent asked, "Did little Jonny boy get rejected last night?"

"Shut it Seabrook" I muttered, throwing my bag down onto the bench.

"Shut it Brent, that's not what Ashlee told me" Patrick said cutting in.

"What'd she tell you?" Austin asked wanting to get involved in the conversation since it was his sister.

"Jonny boy over here kissed Ashlee" Pat said with a smirk.

"Get the hell out of here. She gave in?" Andrew asked, a smile growing wide on his face.

"Guys, really, it's not that big of a deal" I responded shaking my head, "It didn't even mean anything"

"Did she specifically say it didn't mean anything? Or do you think it didn't mean anything?" Austin asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I woke up this morning and went to go talk to her like nothing happened"

All the guys in the locker room groaned, "Jon, are you retarded? Or just mentally girl challenged?"

"What did I do wrong?"

"You never act like nothing happened, especially when you don't know what her feelings were" Pat said in a whiny voice.

"Dude, chill. She acted like nothing happened too. Don't yell at me. Yell at her"

"Retard, she only acted that way because you acted that way!" Kris hit me on the back of the head.

"Holy shit, sorry" I was frustrated as it is, and the guys definetly weren't helping.

"You have to talk to her before we leave tomorrow" Austin said with a sigh, "She's not going to take it well if you wait"

Great, another hard challenge. Getting her to actually listen and talk to me about her feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love this chapter.
sooo, comment and subscribe. pleaaase?
i'm like 4 subscribers and 2 readers away from 10 stars. my very first on a story(:
aren't 2 bad days in a row awesome? make me smile?