Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Just Fake It

Jon's P.O.V:

It's been 2 weeks since Ashlee told me how she felt about our little talk. During those two weeks, we've been attached at the hip, spending most of our time together whenever I wasn't at a game or at practice. I knew she was slowly cracking, but I didn't use that to my advantage, I treated her the same ever since 2 weeks ago.

"You okay Ash?" I asked, worried. Her head was rested on her hand, and she was staring out the window. She looked like she was thinking hard, and I was curious about what.

"Hmm?" She asked, turning her attention back towards me.

"Are you okay?" I repeated, "You looked like you were thinking pretty hard"

She nodded, "Oh, yeah. Sorry. I'm just a little stressed out"

"Wanna talk about it?"

She sighed, "My parents are coming to 'check up' on me and Austin"

I laughed, and she shot me a look, "Sorry, but what's so bad about that? I would love it if my parents came to check up on me"

"You don't understand" She shook her head, "My mother expects me to be married to some rich guy so I don't have to do anything, and have kids"

"That's not so bad" I said, trying to make her feel better about the situation.

She smiled slightly, "My mom actually signed me up for a dating site when I was 19. That's how desperate she is"

"I could help you out if you want," I shrugged.

She laughed, "Jon, you're really going to pretend to be my husband? What about the kids? Get life-sized dolls?"

I laughed, "No, but I could pretend to be your boyfriend. If it worked on the security guard at the game, it'll work on your parents"

She thought about it for a minute and smiled, "Alright, fake boyfriend. Let's do it"

____

"So let me get this straight" Austin said, confused after 3 times of me telling him what me and Jon were going to do, "Jon's going to be your fake boyfriend so you can fool mom and dad?"

I nodded, and slipped my heels on, "Yes Austin, for the third time, me and Jon are going to be fake dating. I don't need them up my ass that I'm not married, especially mom"

"Luckily for me, I have a real girlfriend, so no faking for me" He smiled proudly.

"Shut up. Don't you have to go pick her up?"

He looked at the clock. "Shit," He muttered underneath his breath, "I'll be back in 10 minutes"

I laughed and rolled my eyes, watching him scramble around the house for his shoes.

"Ashlee, Jon's here!" Austin yelled loud enough so I could hear him, and then the door slammed behind him.

"Ash, you here?" Jon called out.

"In here"

Jon walked in and smiled when he saw me, "Wow, you look great"

I smiled, "So do you"

"So, you ready to be my fake girlfriend?" He smirked, "Many girls would kill to be in your place right now"

I laughed, "I don't understand why. This is pure torture"

The smirk fell from his face, and I smiled. I walked over to him, and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "I'm kidding, Jon. I don't think I could've picked a better guy to be my fake boyfriend"

He smiled, and put his arms around my waist, "I'm glad you did pick me"

"Well, I wasn't going to pick Brent. My parents would never let me out of the house again if they met him"

He laughed, "Good point"

This time, when Jon didn't let go, I didn't say anything. This time, when Jon moved closer to me, I didn't back away, And then when Jon kissed me, I kissed back.

"For practice" He said grinning when he pulled away.

I smiled, "Right, for practice"

____

"Mommy" I smiled, giving her a hug.

"Oh, Ashlee you look beautiful, sweetheart" She smiled, pulling away and studying my face.

"Thanks, mom" I said sincerely. I walked over to my dad and gave him a hug also.

"Hey daddy" I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he smiled.

"Hey baby girl. How are you?"

I shrugged, "I'm good. How are you?"

"Ashlee, who's this?" My mom asked, pointing to Jon and smiling.

"Oh, mom. That's Jon. My boyfriend" When I said this, I smiled over at Jon who winked.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Martino"

"You too, Jon. It's nice to see Ashlee finally found someone in Chicago"

I rolled my eyes, "Mom, don't start"

"What?" She said innocently. I couldn't wait until my time of torture was over, so Austin could get it. He was trying to stifle a laugh, and I wanted to kick him.

"Austin, you better shut up before I throw my heel at you" I muttered.

"So Austin," My dad started, "who is this lovely girl?"

Ha-ha.

"My girlfriend, Chrissy" Austin said, glaring at me. I smiled sweetly at him, then stuck my tounge out at him.

"Ashlee, can I talk to you in your room?" My mom asked.

"Good idea," My dad chimed in, "I want to have a little talk with Jon"

I rolled my eyes, and gave Jon a quick kiss on the cheek, "Good luck" I whispered in his ear before I followed my mom to my room.

"I love what you've done with the place, dear"

"Thanks," I shrugged. I sat down on my bed, and my mother sat next to me.

"Jon is cute, Ashlee. Have you talked about marriage yet?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, mother. I've known him for almost a year. Not my whole life"

She nodded, "Is he like Adam?"

"Far from it" I answered truthfully. My mom knew everything that happened between me and Adam, and she knows that's one of the reason's why I left home, and moved.

I didn't want to talk about Adam or Jon anymore, so I quickly changed the subject, "Mom, guess who lives here"

"Who?"

"Patrick Kane" My mom loved Patrick. Ever since Austin brought him home that one time, she considered him like another son to her.

"That's great. How is he?"

"He's good, he actually introduced me to Jon. He plays for the Blackhawks, now"

"Jon's a hockey player?" She asked.

I nodded, "Do you get to see him often?"

I shrugged, "Except when he has an away game, but usually I'd go with him"

She nodded, "That's good, dear. I'm happy for you"

"Hey guys, can we eat now? I'm getting hungry" Austin complained.

My mom laughed and nodded, "Of course"

____

"I had a great time, thanks for coming" I said hugging my mom and my dad goodbye.

"I did too, sweetheart. Call me sometime, okay?" My mom said.

I nodded. She hugged Jon, and my dad shook his hand. "Remember what we talked about, Jon" My dad said, before he said goodbye to Austin and Chrissy.

"I will, sir" Jon answered.

I gave him a look, "I'll tell you later" He whispered.

"Well that was great" I said sarcastically to Austin.

He laughed, "Never again. That was so awkward, especially when you and mom went to go talk"

I turned to Chrissy, "I'm sorry"

She smiled, "Oh no, it's fine. I like your family, they're nice"

"You should see them when you're not here" I muttered, "Aus, did you tell dad about hockey?"

He nodded, "Yeah, he was proud. He told me he wants to come to one of my games"

"Great, another family affair" I rolled my eyes. I turned to Jon, who was standing there quietly, "You better start talking"

He laughed, "He just told me not to hurt you, explained the whole Adam situation, blah blah blah"

"Sorry. I didn't think he'd give you the Adam speech"

He shrugged, "Don't be sorry. It's fine. I understand"

"Well, I'd love to stay here for this faklationship, or whatever you want to call it, but I need to go to sleep" Austin said, yawning. He took Chrissy by the hand and went off to his room.

"I better get going too, it's kind of late"

"You could always stay here if you want" I suggested, "It's the least I could do after you stood my family for 2 hours"

He smiled, "Alright. Thanks Ash"

"You can stay in my bed, you know" I said to Jon when he grabbed blankets and a pillow from the closet.

"You sure?" He asked.

I nodded, "It's not like we never shared a bed before. Does the hotel ring a bell?"

He smiled, "Yeah, a few ones"

I rolled my eyes, "Come on, let's go"

____

"Hello?" I said groggily, answering my phone.

"Hey Ash, it's Brent. Are you busy today?"

I rubbed my eyes, and sat up, "Nope. What's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you'd hang out with Rachel today"

I groaned softly, not wanting to wake up Jon, "Brent, I don't know if you realized this, but I'm not exactly too fond of your cousin"

"I know that, but she really wants to spend time with you, so please?"

I sighed, "Okay, fine. Tell her to meet me, Cristina, and Chrissy at the mall"

"Thank you Ashlee. I'll see you later"

"Bye Brent" I threw my phone on the nightstand beside me.

"Good morning" I heard Jon say from beside me.

"Hey, go back to sleep. I'm sorry I woke you up"

He shook his head, and sat up, "You didn't. I was up before your phone rang. You're hanging out with Rachel today?"

"Unfortunately" I muttered.

He laughed, "She's not all that bad, Ash"

I shot him a look, and he smiled, "Okay, so she kind of is"

"I don't like her. Neither does Cristina. She's all over Kris. And if Chrissy doesn't watch out, she'll take Austin right from her hand. And then there's you.." I trailed off.

"What about me?" He asked curiously.

"She's all over you too Jon. 'Oh, he's so cute'" I rolled my eyes, trying my best to imitate her voice.

He shrugged, "I don't even notice"

"I do" I muttered.

"That's because you're jealous" He smirked.

"Shut up, Jon" I grinned, not able to send him a glare.

2 weeks was all it took for Jon to have me right where he wanted me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sucks? doesn't suck?
i don't like it that much, but it really doesn't matter what i think, cause you guys read it.
but comment and subscribe please.
i could really use the feedback.