Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Don't Start To Think About It

It was the night before Jon, Pat, and Duncan were leaving for Canada, and as usual, Pat decided to throw one final party before they left, and in honor of Kris and Cristina getting married.

"Ashlee," Brent smiled when he saw me, "I haven't seen you in a long time"

I nodded, and sat down next to him, placing a kiss on his cheek, "I know, how have you been?"

He shrugged, "I've been better. Have you seen Rachel?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "Honestly Brent, your cousin is the last person I want to see"

He smiled, "I figured. She's been whining about you and Jon for 2 weeks now"

I rolled my eyes, "I can't believe she was so low that she had to make up a rumor to try and get closer to Jon"

"That's just how she is, and how she's always been" He shrugged, "I'm sorry, Ash"

I shook my head, "No, don't be sorry at all"

"Hey, Seabrook" I heard Pat shout, "Keep your mouth shut. Kris has an announcement he wants to make"

Everyone laughed and Kris suddenly became the center of attention, "Alright, as you all know, me and Cristina have been dating for three years. These three years have been the best of my whole life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. So, on Christmas, I asked Cristina to marry me, and she said yes"

There was a chorus of "aww's" that filled the room, and the whole crowd errupted into cheers, "Shut up guys. But, I was hoping that Austin, Pat, and Jon would be my best men. Cristina obviously already asked Ash, Chrissy, and her sister"

"Hell yeah, if one goes down, we all go down together" Pat grinned, earning a slap on the arm by Cristina.

"Well, in honor of you two getting married, and three of our teammates leaving for Canada tomorrow to bring us home some medals, cheers" Brent smiled, placing his drink up in the air.

Everyone stuck up their drinks in the air, and cheered. I tried to keep the smile on my face, and not focus on the fact that Jon was leaving tomorrow, Jon noticed this, and set his drink down. He walked over to me, and placed an arm around my waist, "Hey you. Come on"

I placed my drink down, and followed Jon into Pat's room. I sat on Pat's bed, and Jon shut the door behind him.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

I shook my head, "No, not really"

He grabbed my hand and forced me to look at him, "Ash, look at me. You know you can tell me anything, right?"

I nodded, "I'm sorry. This is going to sound extremely stupid, but I don't want you to leave"

He smiled, "No, Ash, that's not stupid at all. I don't want to leave either, but it's a great opportunity"

I nodded, completely understanding. I looked down at the floor, and Jon grabbed my chin, and turned my face around.

"Don't shoot me for what I'm about to do" He whispered. Before I could even say anything, Jon's lips were already on mine. I tensed up at first, but I finally relaxed, wrapping my arms around Jon's neck, and let Jon's tounge enter my mouth, taking my mind off of any thoughts about him leaving tomorrow.

He placed one of his hands on my hips, and let his other hand rest gently on my face. He leaned backward onto Pat's bed, taking me with him so I was straddling him. His hand left my face, and moved down my back to reach my other hip.

After a while, his hands moved down to my upper thighs, and traveled up my dress to allow his hands to move around my ass. I unwrapped my hands from his neck, and let them travel down his body, resting on his abs. Jon deepened the kiss and began to play with the hem of my panties.

Finally realizing what was about to happen, I pulled away and moved my head to Jon's shoulder.

"Ash?" He whispered, trying to catch his breath, "look at me"

I lifted my face to look at him, and he moved the hair away from my face, "Did I do something wrong?"

I shook my head, "No, you didn't. I'm sorry, Jon"

"No, no, no. Don't you dare be sorry. I get it, you're not comfortable with that yet"

I sighed, "Please don't be mad"

He smiled, and placed his hand on my cheek, "I'm not mad at you. I could never be mad at you, don't you get that?"

I got off of Jon and fixed my dress. He got off the bed and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Are you upset with me? I'm sorry I rushed you. I didn't mean to"

I shook my head, and turned around to face him. I smiled, "Not at all, I enjoyed that Jon, trust me"

He kissed my forehead, and brought me closer to him, "Good"

I sighed, and wrapped my arms around his neck. I was scared, scared of falling in love with Jon. I was scared to know that he deserved better than someone who was giving him a hard time, and wouldn't even date him yet. I knew he deserved a girl who was ready to have a relationship, and who would do whatever he wanted.

I was scared of telling him that, because I was scared of losing him.

____

"I'm going to miss you" I mumbled into Jon's shoulder.

His grip on my waist tightened, and he pulled me closer to his body, "I'm going to miss you too, Ash" He pulled away, and studied my face, "Hey, listen to me. You'll be at your parents house with Austin. Then you'll get to see me"

"But what happens if you don't make it to the gold medal round? Then what, Jon?"

"We will, I promise you. I'll make sure of it"

I nodded, and pulled away from him. He smiled at me, and I tried to smile back, but I couldn't even force one.

"Ashlee, don't be upset. I'll be back before you know it. I'll call you every night, I promise"

"Uh, Jon, I hate to break up this little heartbreaking goodbye, but we really have to get going"

Jon sighed, and hugged me again, pulling me closer to his body, "Good luck, Jon. I know you'll do amazing. Score a goal for me?"

He pulled away, and grinned, "Definetly. You better be watching the games. I'll find out if you don't"

I smiled, "I won't miss any of them. Promise"

He placed a soft kiss on my lips, and went to go grab his bags, "Have fun with your parents. Tell them I said hi, please. Don't forget me while I'm gone either. It's only two weeks"

I rolled my eyes, "I wouldn't dream of it"

He smiled, and walked out the door to put his bags in the taxi. Pat stood there and opened his arms. I smiled and walked into my best friends' arms giving him a tight hug.

"You better watch all of my games Ashlee, I don't care if Canada's playing" He said sternly.

"Shut up, I'll switch back and forth"

He laughed, "Oh Ash, always trying to please everyone"

He pulled away, and studied my face. He frowned when he saw me upset, "Ash, you'll see him, Canada's a tough team, they'll make it to the gold medal round. Maybe we'll play them, who knows. 2 weeks will be over before you can even blink"

"Wrong, I just blinked and you guys still haven't left" I said matter of factly.

He rolled his eyes, "You know what I mean, Ashlee. Don't play stupid. I have to get going though, our flight leaves in three hours" He kissed me on the forehead, then grabbed his bags.

"Love you kiddo" He said, before he walked out the door.

"Love you too Pat"

He closed the door, and I sighed. 2 weeks of hell was about to begin, now
♠ ♠ ♠
holy shit, they almost did it. a ton of you probably love me for that.
i had alot of fun writing this chapter.
so, comments and subscribers will motivate me to write another chapter really fast :]