Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Dirty Little Secret

“You saw Adam?” Pat yelled from the other end of the phone, “Ashlee, are you crazy?”

I sighed, “I know, I really wasn’t thinking Pat. I mean, he was just there and said, ‘Hey, you want to go get some coffee?’ What the hell was I supposed to say? ‘Oh sorry Adam, I’m kind of seeing someone who really isn’t my boyfriend, but we occasionally make out and go on dates’”

“Obviously you were supposed to say that Ash!” He yelled, “Does Jon have any idea that you saw him?”

“I’m not his responsibility, I’m not dating him. I think I’m a big girl and I can take care of myself”

I heard him sigh, “Why do you have to be so difficult? Do you realize how much that boy likes you? If I didn’t know any better I would say he loves you”

“That’s crazy Patrick” I scoffed.

“Is it really Ash? What’s crazy is the fact that you can’t even step back for a minute to realize how he feels about you. He’s trying his hardest to make it to the gold medal round so he doesn’t have to wait a day to see you. All he ever does is talk about you. All he ever thinks about is you. I swear, if I hear Ashlee one more time come out of that kids’ mouth, I’m going to take my hockey stick and shove it up his-“

“I get the point Pat” I said with a laugh.

“Okay, just as long as you understand how strong his feelings are. But I should get going, I need to practice since we play Canada in a couple of days. And don’t let Jon get all the special treatment please. Watch some of my games too, I’m your best friend”

I laughed, “I know, but I have to support the ‘Guy I’m Not Dating, But I Kind Of Am’”

He laughed, “That’s right baby girl. I love you kiddo”

“I love you too Pat. Score a goal for me”

___

“So Ashlee, how is Patrick?” My mom asked. I rolled my eyes, obviously not surprised since I knew my mother loved Patrick. I’m pretty sure if he was anywhere near her age, she would divorce my father and get with my best friend.

“He’s good” I shrugged, “Still the same old Pat I was best friends with”

“How’s Jon?” My dad asked with a knowing smile on my face.

I rolled my eyes, “Dad, you asked me this atleast 5 times since I’ve been here; Jon’s great. He’s playing hockey right now so you know he’s pretty busy”

He smiled, “Is that why I hear you talking to him on the phone all night?”

I rolled my eyes, “Come on dad, you know I also talk to Patrick”

The doorbell rang, interrupting my dad’s next sentence. Austin sprung up out of his chair and ran to get the door. I gave my parents’ a confused look, since Austin looked like he was expecting someone.

___

Austin’s P.O.V

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked. My face dropped when I saw Adam standing there with a bouquet of roses in his hand, and a grin on his face.

“Hey Austin. I didn’t expect you to answer the door. I expected-“

“Ashlee” I cut him off, “Trust me I know. Adam, I don’t know what you’re trying to do, but I just want you to know that you and my sister will never have anything ever again. You two are done forever”

He laughed, “What makes you so sure about that?”

“I don’t think Ashlee told you about this, but she has a boyfriend, Jonathan. He’s heard some stories about you and I’m definitely sure that he doesn’t like you. I’m also definitely sure that he wouldn’t like the fact that you’re trying to get with his girlfriend”

“I’m not trying to get with her. We’re just friends. I apologized, and Ashlee is mature enough to let go of the past, and start all over. I don’t know why you aren’t. We used to be friends Austin, and then you started hating me”

“Dude, you almost raped my little sister. Do you know how fucked up that is? How would you like It if I crashed one of your parties one day and brought your sister into your room, and tried to fuck her. You wouldn’t like it”

He put his head down, suddenly interested in his shoes, “I know. I’m sorry for that, I really am”

“Whatever man, you can fool Ashlee, you can fool Jon, you can even fool my parents, but you will never ever fool me”

“Is everything okay Austin?” Ashlee asked, walking to the door. When her and Adam made eye contact Ashlee froze in her place, and Adam began to smile.
“What are you doing here?” Ashlee asked, not being able to move.

“I was wondering the same thing” I muttered under my breath.

Adam shrugged, “Well, I’ve been to your house so many times, I guess I just remembered where it was. Plus I wanted to come visit your parents, you know if that’s okay with you”

She looked at me, and I didn’t say anything. I just shook my head, obviously not approving of Adam’s request. I just hoped Ashlee was smart enough to tell him to fuck off and get the hell away from her.

She sighed, “Sure. My parents would love to see you”

Well, guess I’m the only smart one in the family.

___

Ashlee’s P.O.V

I sighed, tossing my phone back and forth between my hands, deciding whether or not to call Jon and explain to him what happened with Adam during these past couple of days. I was under the assumption that after coffee that day, I wouldn’t see Adam ever again, but I guess he had other plans since he showed up at my parent’s house tonight.

I knew I didn’t have feelings for Adam, but all the fear of him was still there. Every time I see him, every time he talks to me, and every time my parents or Austin mention his name. I was scared, and I knew I needed to tell Jon, but I knew he would flip out and probably rush over here to kick his ass.

“Still deciding on whether to call Jon?” Austin asked, leaning against my doorframe.

I nodded, not making eye contact with my brother, “I don’t know what to do, Austin. I want him to focus on hockey, and winning, and getting into the gold medal round. But God, I really need to tell him what the little piece of scum is trying to do”

“So you’re not stupid” He said, walking over to my bed and sitting next to me.

“What?” I asked laughing, slightly confused.

He shook his head, “Nothing at all, don’t worry about it. I think you should call him. I think he’d appreciate it more if you did, plus I have a feeling Pat might open his big mouth if you don’t”

I knew Austin was right. I knew I had to tell Jon, especially since Pat knows what Adam’s trying to do, “Yeah, you’re right. I’m going to call him. Thanks Aus”

He nodded and smiled, “Anytime Ash, I’m your brother, it’s my job”

I smiled and dialed Jon’s number when Austin left my room. I was praying it would go to voicemail, but he picked up on the third ring, “I wondered when I’d be hearing from you. How are you?”

“Jon, there’s something I really need to tell you” I said, biting my lip.

“Is everything okay, Ash?” He asked concerned.

“I don’t know, I saw Adam a couple of days ago, and he took it upon himself to come over my parent’s house tonight”

“Did he touch you at all?” Jon asked. I knew he was trying to stay calm, but it wasn’t working too well.

“Not once”

“Do I have to kick his ass? Cause I swear, bring him to Vancouver and I’ll show him how a real hockey player fights”

I laughed, “Jon, it’s fine”

“Okay, fine. Do I have to worry about this kid, Ash? I know you guys had history”

“Not at all. There’s no feelings whatsoever, I’m just really scared if he tries to get some ass again, and attempts to rape me”

“Yeah, like Austin’s going to let that happen. I’m sure he shook him up already”

I laughed, “Actually, he did. He had a 10 minute conversation with him before he even let him into my parent’s house”

“Good kid. I would love to talk to you more, but I really have to get going. Practice is getting earlier and longer”

“Yeah, I get it. I’ll talk to you later, Jon”

I sighed, and threw my phone down on my bed. I knew Jon was upset about Adam trying to become my friend, and even make his way back into my parents’ hearts. I also knew that Jon was worried about Adam trying to get with me, and possibly attempt his little party move. I had to drop Adam, or I had to drop Jon, and I definitely wasn’t dropping Jon for anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
i think this sucks, but it doesnt matter what i think.
comment and subscribe?
that'd be cool.
there might be one more update today :)