Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Don't Start To Think About It, No Honey Just Give In

"Hello?" I said into the phone, balancing it between my cheek and shoulder as I finished packing my suitcase.

"Hey stranger," Cristina's voice came from the other end.

"Cris!" I shouted, "I miss you. How's Chicago and everything?"

"Chicago's alright, how's Canada? Did Jon make it to the gold medal round? When you get back, we're going shopping for my wedding dress, I need my maid of honor's opinion"

I smiled, "As soon as I get back, we'll go dress shopping. Canada's good. Yes they did. So did the U.S."

She laughed, "You must be torn. Who are you going to cheer for?"

"I haven't figured that out yet," I admitted, "I'll probably cheer for Canada, and then the U.S in my head"

She laughed, "When are you coming home?"

"Monday. The game's tomorrow, so we'll be back by Monday afternoon. I'll just get dropped off at your house, and then we can go for your dress and get lunch. Sound good?"

"Sounds great. Have fun! Be sure to give Jon a prize when he wins"

I rolled my eyes, "No promises"

She laughed, "You will. I have to go though, Kris is getting fed up with wedding invitations. I'll see you on Monday"

"Okay Cris" I hung up the phone and tossed it on my bed. I finished packing, thinking about how much I couldn't wait to go to Vancouver. To see Jon, and to get away from Adam.

____

"I'm going to miss you" My mom said, pulling me into one of the tightest hugs.

I smiled, "I'm going to miss you too mom. I promise I'll visit you guys soon"

She let go of the tight embrace and nodded, "Bring Jon next time" She let out a little smile, "He's a good boy. Have fun with him in Vancouver"

I rolled my eyes, "I will, mom"

She nodded, and then pulled Austin into a tight hug like she did with me. He turned to look at me and rolled his eyes, but still kept his arms around our mother.

"Mom, I'd hate to break up this little mother-son moment, but we really have to get going. The game's in a couple of hours"

She sighed, and let go of my brother. We packed our bags into the car and was off to Vancouver. Away from my hometown. Away from Adam.

____

"So, who are you going to cheer for?" Austin asked, yawning as we were driving to the arena where the game was going to be held.

I shrugged, "Well, I really don't want a million Canadian hockey fans coming at me if I start cheering for the U.S., but I don't want Pat to get mad at me if I don't cheer for the U.S., so I think I'll cheer for Canada out loud and cheer for the U.S. in my head"

He laughed at my theory, "Okay Ash, whatever you say"

I rolled my eyes, "Do you really want a million Canadian's coming after you with hockey sticks or something?"

He shrugged, "I'm Canadian, so I'm obviously going to cheer for my home country"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest, "Wow, Austin. Nothing like ditching your best friend and teammate"

He just laughed, and by then we pulled up to the arena. We payed for the cab, and made her way inside where millions of people were sitting, waiting for Canada and the U.S. to fight for the gold medals.

"Ready?" Austin asked, nudging me, with a smirk on his face.

I nodded, and we found our seats. A couple of minutes later, Canada came out onto the ice, and the whole crowd errupted into cheers. Following them, the U.S. came out, and most of the entire crowd started booing. I tapped my foot imaptiently as everyone waited for the game to start.

Finally, the game started, and everyone was on the edge of their seats. The first period was uneventful for the first 10 minutes or so until Jon scored the rebound goal. The crowd stood on their feet, happy about the fact that their team scored first. I let out a smile and cheered with the crowd.

In the second period, Canada scored again, and everyone's hopes in the stadium just got lifted even more. Unfortunately, the U.S. answered the two goals, and scored one of their own, cutting the lead in half. The hopes of everyone in the stadium died down when Zach Parise scored the goal that would tie the game up and send it into overtime.

When overtime started, everyone was on the edge of their seats again, not saying a word. All of a sudden, everything happened so fast that I'm pretty sure no one realized that Canada scored and won the game. When the realization hit everyone, the whole crowd errupted into cheers. Canada won. The game was over. Canada would take gold, U.S. would take silver.

____

"Ash, Pat's here" Austin shouted.

"Okay," I yelled back, putting the final touches on my hair.

I heard footsteps and turned to see Pat standing against the door, "Hey," he said quietly.

I frowned and walked over to him. I reached my arms out to pull him in for a hug, "I'm sorry Pat, I knew how much you wanted to win"

He shrugged, but kept his grip tight, "Yeah, but I'm proud of Jon and everyone. I knew how much they wanted it, and it's important that they got to win in their own home"

I pulled away from the hug, "Well, if it counts for anything, I think you did amazing and I'm proud of you. You should be proud of yourself too; Canada was just a tough team"

He nodded, "I know. Come on, let's go"

I grabbed my bag off the counter and followed Pat and Austin out the door.

I smiled when I spotted Jon sitting at the bar. "Hey superstar" I said, tapping his shoulder.

He turned around and smiled when he saw me. He stood up and pulled me in for a hug, "I fucking missed you"

I laughed, "I missed you too. You did amazing, Jon. I can't believe you scored that goal, and got gold. I'm so proud of you"

He pulled away and smiled down at me, "That goal was just for you. I told you I would score you one"

I blushed and was thankful that it was dark in the club so he couldn't see the blush that was making it's way onto my cheeks.

He smiled, "You look beautiful as always Ash"

I grinned, "You look pretty great yourself"

He pulled me in for another hug, and I knew this is exactly where I was supposed to be.

____

A couple of drinks later, me and Jon were pretty wasted. I didn't even notice that me and Jon were all over each other, dancing until one of Jon's teammates pointed it out. And I didn't even notice Jon's hands and mouth roaming all over the place.

"Ash" He said in my ear, over the music, "Your room or mine?"

I laughed when I realized exactly what he meant, "Yours"

Jon began to pull me by my arm, but I pulled him back, "Hang on, I'm going to tell Austin and Pat I'm leaving. Wait for me by the door"

He nodded, and I set out on my search for the two boys. I spotted them near the bar talking to two girls, "Guys" I shouted, stumbling a little to reach them.

Pat grabbed my arm before I fell, "You okay Ash?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. Hey, me and Jon are going back to the hotel"

I saw Pat and Austin exchange a glance, and then Austin looked back at me, "Are you sure you're okay Ash? Are you guys going to be okay? You can barely walk, you don't even know what you're doing"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine, big brother. I' not completely wasted" It was true, I had a little sense of direction and some common sense as to what I was doing, "We'll just get a cab"

He nodded, "Okay Ash" He turned back to the girl that was talking to him and Pat grinned at me.

"Get him, Ash"

_____

As me and Jon rode the elevator up to his room, Cristina's words were running through my mind, 'Be sure to give Jon a prize when he wins'. I turned to Jon who was looking straight ahead, his eyes slowly starting to close.

"Jon," I whispered.

"Yeah?" He turned to me, and smiled.

I didn't say anything. Instead, I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. Jon smiled and put his hands on my hips and connected our lips together.

When the elevator finally 'dinged' signaling that we reached Jon's floor, he lifted me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. We managed to make it to the door and he pulled away to grab his key out of his pocket. When he finally turned the key in the lock, he looked up at me, "Are you sure about this Ash?"

When I nodded, he didn't waste any time reconnecting his lips with mine, and closing the door behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm back :) i really hope you guys missed this story. i'm so sorry about the no updates for entirely too long. i've been really busy lately, and alot of things have been going on. but, i'm back now and expect updates every single day :) hope you guys like this one.
comment and subscribe?
you know you want to.