Status: Active. Feedback would speed up the activeness.

I Swear I'll Change Your Mind

Caught In The In Between Of Beautiful Disaster

"So," I said casually to break the awkward silence, "tell me about yourself, Jon"

He smiled, "Well, I play hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks"

I laughed, "How about something I don't know?"

"Well, I have a younger brother. I'm from Canada, and I'm an amazing hockey player" He smiled proudly.

"Cocky, much?" I said playfully.

He laughed, "Nope, not cocky. Confident"

I smiled, and we walked in silence for a little bit, before Jon spoke up, "I have a question. You don't have to answer me if you don't want to"

"Shoot," I said hesitantly.

He sighed before he spoke, "Tell me. Why did you deny Brent the other night?"

I smiled, "Jon, tell me the truth. Did Brent try to get in my pants?"

He laughed, "Of course. It's Brent. What does that have to do with anything?"

"That's exactly why" I said, looking away from him.

"Why are you so scared about that?" He asked, "Again, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

I sighed, and we stopped at the park and sat on a bench. I didn't really tell strangers my personal business. But, I felt comfortable with Jon, so, I told him.

"Did Patrick ever tell you any stories from when him and Austin played for the London Knights?"

He nodded, "Yeah"

"Did he ever tell you about a kid named Adam?"

Jon nodded, "Not much. Just that he was a really huge asshole. Did he do something to you?"

I nodded, I remembered that night like it was yesterday, and I didn't want to.

_____

Flashback:

"Ashlee, me and Pat are going to talk to some girls. Are you going to be okay?" My brother asked, loud enough for me to hear over the music.

I nodded, not paying attention. I was dancing with my brother's teammate, Adam, who I've had a crush ever since my brother started playing. He never noticed me before, and now he was. I had a feeling it was because of the alcohol, which was making me act like the exact type of girl Adam likes. Sluts.

"Why don't we go somewhere else Ash?" His speech was slurred, his breath smelled like alcohol, and his hands found their way to my ass.

"I don't know Adam," Even though I was wasted, I had atleast some common sense to know what he was trying to do.

"Come on. Let's have some fun" He winked.

I nodded hesitantly, "Okay"

He smiled, and grabbed my hand, leading me to the nearest bedroom. Before I could even say anything, his lips were on mine, in one of the sloppiest kisses I've ever experienced. After a couple of seconds, I got into it, letting the alcohol take over my brain, not thinking about anything I was doing.

His hands found my ass again, and led me backwards to the bed. My legs hit the bed, and then he pushed me down.

I pulled away, "Adam, we can't do this"

He ignored what I said, and his lips found his way to my neck.

"Adam" I said, trying to push him off. Unforunately, I was defeated, since he was like a brick wall. Stupid hockey players.

"Come on Ash," He said looking into my eyes, "I love you. You know that. Ever since Austin started playing, I've wanted to get with you"

I smiled at this, "Do you promise to be here in the morning?"

He laughed, "Sweetheart, this is just a one night stand" He began working on my neck again, and I just started crying.

"You said you loved me, Adam"

"Because you were giving me trouble about this. I don't like trouble, darling. Especially when it comes to girls. This is easier, now isn't it?"

"Adam, get the fuck off me now" His hands were roaming up my shirt, messing around with the hook of my bra.

"No" He growled, and finally unhooked it.

"Adam!" I practically yelled.

Maybe it was a miracle, or maybe I just screamed so loud, because Austin and Patrick came running in.

"Adam, what the fuck are you doing?" Patrick yelled.

"Pat, help" I said weakly. Austin just stood in the doorway, his heart breaking at the sight of his baby sister practically getting raped.

Patrick stormed over and pulled Adam off me, "Asshole, what the fuck were you doing?"

"Come on Pat, I was just trying to get some ass. You know how that goes" He said, smiling innocently.

"You need to leave, dude. Now. Before I get the cops here and arrest your ass for sexual harassment" Austin said, still standing in the doorway, knowing that if he got any closer to Adam, he'd kill him, "Now if you don't want any trouble fuck face, I suggest you let Pat escort you out nicely before I do it or the cops do it"

Adam rolled his eyes, "Whatever man"

Patrick dragged Adam out, and Austin ran over to hug me, "Are you okay?"

I collapsed into my brothers arms, and started crying, "I hate guys, Austin. They're fucking scumbags" I said in between cries.

He laughed, "I'm sorry sweetie. Don't worry, me and Pat are always here to protect you"


____

When I was done with my story, Jon's face dropped, "I'm so sorry, Ashlee, I had no idea"

I shrugged, "It's okay. It was a while ago, actually. It's all forgotten with. But if Pat and Austin ever saw him again, that kid would be behind bars. They went easy on him. They didn't call the cops or anything"

He nodded, "I would've killed that asshole. Watch if I ever see him" His hands balled up into fists, and I laughed.

"You don't even know me"

He nodded, "Yeah, I know, but no girl deserves to be treated that way. Especially you"

I smiled, "Thanks. Come on, let's head back to Pat's. They're probably wondering what the hell we're doing"

He agreed, and we walked back to Pat's house.

"So, why was Pat getting on your nerves?" I asked curiously, to see if it was the same reason he was getting on mine.

"Well, he thinks I should date you"

I laughed, "He thinks I should date you"

He smiled, "Knowing Pat, he's got a couple of tricks up his sleeves"

I nodded, "Trust me. I've been best friends with Pat for way too long to not know that"

In a way, I wanted Jon to try to pursue me. He seemed like he could be the type of guy to prove me wrong about all the hockey players out there. Just maybe, time will tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
30 subscribers, 100 readers, a couple of comments = next update.
i worked really hard on this. plus its a long chapter.
suggestions? messageme.