Status: Perhaps I may abandon this, perhaps I may not.

The Joke's on You

Living Irony

Every hero, every law abiding citizen, all of the everyday crime fighters and law makers, none of them had a hold on me. None of them had a hold on the crime that went on in Gotham City. Only one person had that, and he was the most notorious not un-masked villain of all. He was my business partner, my... partner in crime. I answered to his every call. I answered to only one man... the Joker.

I was like every other woman that you saw walking down the street in the good parts of Gotham, well dressed (to the extent that skinny jeans and a t-shirt could take you), I have a decent-waged job at the Gotham Times* and a dorm-mate that cares about me. I'm normal, right?

Wrong.

Sure, I live in the good parts but right across the road is the bad, to any other member of well-living society I'm the minority, I'm always put on the crime column on the paper, and my house-mate works for the Joker. My life is living irony.

Best of all was that the Joker talked to me through my best and only real friend in Gotham City. He spoke to me through my house-mate when he and I weren't face to make-up. He spoke to me through-

"Paul!" I shouted across the apartment from my writing room. "Come here!" I was writing an article about my business partner, one on the front page, every writer's dream. I was outlining my partner's recent exploits in the banking business and since Paul had been on the last break-in, I needed the opinion of an... 'eye-witness'. Can you give me something?"

"Yeah, sure." Paul stated, walking into my writing room with an apple in his hand. "Use something like: 'An unidentified witness says he was standing outside of the bank along with many others at the time of the attack.' Something like that." He nodded and was about to turn away from me when it looked like something struck a chord in his mind. "Oh yeah..." He reminded himself, looking back at me. "The Boss wants to see you later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the average Joker story, eh?