Hero

One

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Zachary Baker." The pastor smiled as he pronounced the young couple. Zacky Baker, 19 and his now wife, Emma, 18 had married on the beach of Huntington Beach, California. They both decided it was the perfect spot.

"Let me be your hero?" Zacky asked her. She nodded as tears slide down her cheek. "Of course Zack." She replied. That night they danced the night away with family and friends. Everyone was congratulating them on the wedding. They both new that was what they wanted. They both thought they had they rest of life's with each other. Little did they know it would be much, much different.

--♥--

Zacky's point of view.

Our wedding reception was finished and we packed all our gifts in the car. "Have a good night dude." Brian, my best man smirked. "Oh of course I will." I smirked back, chuckling to myself. "Remember man, now that she's your wife you really have to listen to her." He smirked back, patting my back. "Yeah I know. Sucks don't it. Be lucky you only got a girlfriend." I said, thinking about how bitchy Emma can be. "Not any more man. She broke up with me. Single man now." She frankly, probably not caring. "Wow, that sucks." I said. "I don't care anyhow." He admitted. We both said goodbye, me and Emma headed home.

"I love you so much." I said, kissing her cheek as we laid in bed together. It was our wedding night and of course it had to be special. "I love you too Zack." She blushed, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Did you have a good night?"I asked. She nodded and closed her eyes. I knew she was tired after what I had just given her. "Zacky?" She asked. "Hm?" I answered, falling asleep myself. "Can we have a baby?" She asked. Of course that brought me to life. My eyes pretty near popped out of my head as I looked at her. "A baby already?" I asked, shocked at what she said. "Yeah." She said, looking deep into my eyes. I then knew she was serious about it.

"I don't know Emma. I'm only nineteen. I don't think I'm ready." I said, trying not to disappoint her too much. "Well it might take a while. Can we just try?" She asked. I shrugged. She then looked upset. "I'm sorry Em." I apologized, holding her in my arms. Next thing I knew I was passed out asleep.

--♥--

"Looking forward to our honeymoon in Italy tomorrow?" I asked, looking into her beautiful blue eyes. "I don't know Zack." Emma sighed. She then started to piss me off. "Your really going to act like that just cause I don't want a baby right now?" I asked, scowling at her. She started to talk but then paused hearing our doorbell right. "I'll get it." I scoffed, going to great whoever was at our door.

I arrived at the door and opened it. I saw two men on the other side staring at me. They both stood in suits. "Zackary Baker?' The asked. "Who wants to know?" I asked, wondering who these men were at my door. "We are with the United States Army Forces, we need to talk." One of them said. I raised a brow at both of them. They then showed me badges and asked to enter the house. I didn't refuse.

"Emma, come here." I yelled, sitting down with these men at our kitchen table. "What?" She asked, entering the kitchen. "Sit down." I said, pulling out a chair for her. "Sir, you can call me Sgt. Daniel Robertson. We're looking for recruits against the war with Iraq. We are also looking for single men with no families. You qualify Zackary Baker." Sgt. Daniel Robertson explained. "You can call me Sgt. Nathan Collins. The United States Army is a very good opportunity for young men like yourself son." The other guy explained.

"No thank you." I said, not even wanting to think about doing that right now. "That's the problem with it Zackary Baker. We are so short on soldiers we have resort to drafting single men with no families of their own. You can either sign up or spend one year in prison with a 15,000 dollar fine." Sgt. Daniel Robertson explained more. I sat their shocked at what they were saying.

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked, confused as hell. "Sir, here are the papers to sign up. The sending information is in the pamphlet. Goodbye." Sgt. Daniel Robertson said, standing up with his partner and walking themselves out.

"What the fuck was that?" I said in disbelief. "Zack, you have to sign up to go over to Iraq or your going to jail." Emma said, obviously understanding the situation. I then opened up the packet of papers they have given me. I read through all of them carefully and ended up knowing the extent of it. It was a good opportunity none the less but with some extreme risks. Either that or a year being someones girlfriend...fuck me.
♠ ♠ ♠
*NEW*
Thanks for reading!