Hero

Four

“Are you scared?” I asked Brian as we exited to plane. “Well, yeah. Who wouldn’t be.” He answered, being actually serious. “I’m most afraid of a baby growing up without me.” I sighed. “What do you mean?” He asked, raising a brow at me. “Well, Emma and me decided to make a baby. Whether it happened or not, I’m scared of them not having me around for them.” I explained. “Wow, dude. Your going to be a dad?” He asked, shocked. “I don’t know, maybe.” I sighed, telling him all of the drama in my life.

We continued to walk through the airport with the rest of the guys. They all seemed pretty confident. I sure wasn’t and I knew Brian wasn’t either. “Men, welcome to your training base. I’m Sgt. Nathan Collins and this is Sgt. Daniel Robertson.” The guy introduced himself and his partner to everyone. “You folks will be on a mission. We need to protect the Iraq citizens. You will all be on a major training schedule while you’re here in Texas. Now move on to the bus waiting outside.” Sgt. Nathan Collins explained, sternly looking at all of us.

--♥--

It was now a month later. Everything seemed so surreal with my training. It was exhausting out there. “When can I use the laptop?” Brian complained. “I have to check my email.” I scowled, irritated by anything and everything. “Oh, love letter?” He smiled. I ignored him and started to read my email from her.

Dear Zackary,
First of all, I love and miss you. I’m not sure how I’ll get through being without you for much longer. I brought my girls with me to Italy. They certainty cheered me up a bit. I wish me could of gone, it was so romantic and beautiful. The rest of your family sends there love and we will pray for you and Brian to make it out safely.

I love you,
Emma.

PS. I found out that I’m pregnant about two days ago. I thought you’d like to know. I hope this doesn’t make anymore scared. Me and the baby will wait for you, Zack. Forever and always my love.


I was now shocked at what she had said. I couldn’t speak. I felt like puking. “What’s wrong dude? Your white as a ghost.” Brian said, noticing how shocked I was. “Emma’s pregnant.” I whispered, running my fingers through my hair, or what was left of it. “Wow. Well, congrats man.” He said, trying to cheer me up about the situation. “I should be happy, right?” I asked him, confused on how I felt. “Yeah.” He simply said. Well, I’m going to dad.

--♥--

Emma’s point of view, a month earlier.

I sat there by myself watching TV hours later. Zack had left for who knows long. I had cried my eyes out. I wanted to be pregnant, I wanted Zack with me, I wanted what I had dreamed about since I started dating Zack.

I sat there crying until the door bell rang. “Who could that be?” I asked myself, getting up and looking through the peep hole. “Matt?” I asked out loud. “Yeah, I thought I’d come over and check up on you.” He said. I raised my brows, confused as hell. I never really even talked to Matt, why would he check up on me?

I ended up letting him in. “I’m fine Matt, really.” I breathed. “Don’t look like it. You should stay at Zack’s parents, not here in this lonely house.” He said, trying to reason with me. “I’m fine, really Matt.” I said again, a tear starting to twinkle in my eye. “Do you want me stay with you?” He asked. “If you want but I have to start packing. I’m going to Italy tomorrow.” I sighed. “Why?” He asked. “Well it was suppose to me and Zack’s honeymoon but yeah, he on his way to Texas right now.” I sighed, walking into the living room. “Wait, do you want to come with me?” I asked, coming up with an idea of my own. ”Really? Sure.” He smiled, lighting up to the idea of him going to Italy.

“Awesome. Go home and pack and meet me here in the morning.” I smiled, feeling better at the fact of going to Italy with someone. “Great, I’ll be back then.” He grinned, leaving. Well, I had tons of packing to do now that I wasn’t feeling so miserable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!