Status: I'm done, yeah! i hope u like it.

Kigdom Hearts, A New Story Begins

V

Axel and Kaxiaz arrived at Twilight Town not a moment too soon. They were in front of the train station, where a Heartless loomed over them.

“Let’s get this done,” said Kaxiaz, summoning her Lexcin sword, which could turn into a bow at her whim.

“Right on it,” said Axel.

The Heartless was half as tall as the station tower. Its’ head was like a giant rock. Its’ body was round as well. Its’ arms and legs were smaller, but its purpose looked like it would smash anyone who got near it.

“Look for weak spots. I don’t want to get near it and be crushed,” said Kaxiaz.

“Try for its’ head,” said Axel.

Kaxiaz nodded and transformed her sword into a bow.

Aiming for its neck she loosed an arrow. It worked! The Heartless stumbled and fell back. Axel let out a cry and ran for it. They worked at its neck till it regained balanced.

“Look out!” cried Kaxiaz.

The Heartless jumped into the air and landed where they had been a moment before. Kaxiaz loosed another arrow. It hit its mark and made the Heartless fall. They again hacked at its’ neck. This time they managed to defeat it.

“Finally,” said Axel, wiping his forehead.

“Um, Axel, I don’t think it’s over,” said Kaxiaz.

“Huh?” said Axel. Axel turned around and gasped. In front of them stood a man who wore their coat. A giant Nemoshad stood behind him.

“Ansem,” Kaxiaz said scowling.

“Ah, even as a Nobody you remember me,” said Ansem.

“Kaxiaz, how do you know him?” asked Axel.

“I only have a few memory flashes of him,” said Kaxiaz. “But I must have known him before.”

Axel looked confused, but looked back at their attacker. Kaxiaz loosed another arrow from her bow, but before it ever came near Ansem’s face, it stopped and fell to the ground. Axel and Kaxiaz gasped. Ansem smiled and glared at them.

“I’ll try,” said Axel. He threw one of his Chakrams, but it did the same as Kaxiaz’s arrow.

“What…How…” Axel was speechless.

“I might as well attack straight forward,” Kaxiaz said to Axel. Kaxiaz returned her bow to a sword and ran at Ansem. Just as she jumped the Heartless behind Ansem grabbed her and held her firm.

“Let..me..go!” Kaxiaz said, struggling to get free.

Ansem chuckled.

“Let her go!” cried Axel.

“Axel, no!” screamed Kaxiaz. But it was too late. Axel ran at Ansem, throwing balls of fire towards him, only ending in puffs of smoke.

“I said let her go!” Axel said angrily. Axel leaped for the Heartless’ hand, but the Heartless threw him off. Axel landed at the bottom of the steps leading to the station.

“Axel!” cried Kaxiaz.

“You’re mine now,” said Ansem.

“Never, nugh,” Ansem’s Heartless squeezed Kaxiaz tighter till her body fell limpless.

“Done,” Ansem smiled.

“Yes, you are done,” came Kaxiaz’s voice.

Kaxiaz loosed an arrow as Ansem was turning around and was lucky. It struck his chest and continued out the back. Ansem’s body fell to the ground and the Heartless disappeared. Kaxiaz watched as Ansem’s body faded away then turned and RTC’d Axel back to the castle before blacking out.

Axel almost threw himself out of bed as he sat up. “Kaxiaz!” he cried. Axel ran down to the Grey Area in a panic. No sign of Kaxiaz.

“Good morning Axel,” said Roxas walking into the room.

“Roxas, have you seen Kaxiaz?” asked Axel.

“No,” said Roxas.

Axel shook his head and strode up to Saix. “Where’s Kaxiaz?” asked Axel.

“You’re here, is she not too?” asked Saix.

“No, she isn’t and…” Axel stopped where he was, his face struck with fear. “No.”

Axel opened the black corridor and left quickly. He came out at where they had battled Ansem and, sure enough, Kaxiaz lay on the ground.

“No,” said Axel holding her in his arms. “No, no, no!” Axel hugged Kaxiaz tightly. Why wasn’t she waking up? Why couldn’t she tell he was here for her?

“Nugh.”

Axel looked at Kaxiaz, tears streaming down his face. She rolled her head over, but otherwise didn’t move.

“She’s alive!” said Axel surprised. Axel picked her up and RTC’d quickly, ending up in his room. He laid her down and pushed her hair out of her face.

“There you are,” said Roxas walking into the room.

“Roxas, can you do something for me? Bring me a bowl of water and a cloth,” asked Axel.

“Sure. Be right back,” said Roxas.

As Roxas shut the door, Kaxiaz groaned and put her hand on her side. Axel ran his hand over her side and she flinched. He held Kaxiaz’s hand and ran his other hand through her light brown hair.

“I’m here for you Kaxiaz,” Axel whispered in her ear.

“Here you are,” Roxas retuned with a small bowl filled to the brim with water and a scrap of cloth.

“I had to beg Demyx to fill the bowl,” said Roxas, putting the bowl down at Axel’s feet.

“So what’d you bribe him with?” asked Axel.

“I said I’d do the missions he was having to do for Kaxiaz,” said Roxas.

“Nice,” said Axel. “Roxas, I need something else.”

“What?” asked Roxas.

“Ice,” said Axel. “A few bags of ice.”

“What do you need ice for?” Roxas asked.

“Her sides are bruised, ice will help decrease the swelling,” said Axel.

“Okay,” said Roxas and left the room.

Axel dipped the rag in the water and wrung it out. Then he laid it on her forehead.

“Oh, Kaxiaz,” whispered Axel. “Wake up this time too.”

“Axel, what happened?” Xion ran to the bed side.

“Another Heartless knocked her out,” said Axel.

“Does Roxas know...Or even Xemnas?” asked Xion.

“Roxas is getting me ice, and Xemnas probably knows,” Axel said.

“Here is the ice you wanted,” Roxas said coming back into the room.

“Good,” Axel took the bags of ice and laid one on either side of Kaxiaz’s torso.

“Axel,” mumbled Kaxiaz.

“I’m right here,” said Axel. When Kaxiaz didn’t open her eyes he knew she was still asleep.

“Hey Xion, come with me. Axel, we’ll be right back,” Roxas grabbed Xion’s hand and ran out of the room.

“Hmm, I wonder what he’s up to?” said Axel.

“Axel, Axel, don’t go,” Kaxiaz was talking in her sleep again.

“I’m right here Kaxiaz, I’m right here,” Axel whispered in her ear.

Axel repeatedly wettened the cloth to keep Kaxiaz cool. And every time she would call his name he would tell her he was right beside her. Eventually Roxas and Xion returned hands behind their backs and smiles on their faces. Axel looked at them confused.

“Here,” said Roxas, handing a Sea-salt ice cream to Axel.

“Thanks Roxas, and you too Xion,” said Axel.

The three of them sat in silence and ate their ice cream. Kaxiaz only groaned a few times as she made an attempt to role over, but didn’t call Axel.

“Axel,” said Xion. “How badly is she hurt?”

“Not too bad, just bruised along her torso and hot,” said Axel sucking on the last of his ice cream.

They finished their ice cream and Roxas and Xion said goodnight and left. Axel held Kaxiaz’s hand in his and began to cry again. He didn’t want Kaxiaz to die. Even though he could not feel, he loved Kaxiaz, with all he had. He couldn’t bear to loose her.