Too Much Of You Is Never Enough.

October the Twenty Second

I woke up totally astonished to find that today was Friday, the twenty second of October.

How could this possibly sneak up on me so fast? How, i mean it seemed like it was the beginning of September yesterday? And now it's the twenty second of October!? Tomorrow is my birthday? What the fuck? Just so recently we moved here, and now it's nearly my fruckin' birthday?

Well you're all so busy with Alex....

Well yeah, but—

HA! For once you didn't object! HA HA HA HA FRUCKIN HA! Ohh wait you're busy with Alex.

Oh you knew very well what the heck I meant!

I literally pryed myself out of bed, my outlook on today just the slightest bit better.

I ran down the stairs quickly rushing—as I woke up late and nobody had bothered to wake me up—and Alex had an appointment so I was driving to school with Jack who was probably woke up just as late as I had. I dressed quickly and was on my way.

I went up to both my parents grabbed the car keys, and gave them both a hug. I also got a pop-tart in my hand somewhere along the way. I was going out the door and saw Jack running to the car with a red apple in his mouth, attempting to pull on one of his nike shoes.

I pushed the unlock button to the car, while he climbed in still struggling with his foot.

I got in the driver's side and started to drive us to school.

"Need a little help there Jack?" I laughed.

"MNo." He still had the apple in his mouth so it came out all muffled.

"Are you sure?" He was now trying to get his backpack out from behind while wearing the seatbelt.

"Mes."

I think that was a yes.

"Okay whatever you say."

"Mo mid moo mealize maht tomorrow mis mour mirthday?"

I laughed. "Yeah I did this morning. Its weird I've never had my birthday sneak up on me before."

"Mell, maht mare moo mlanning mon mooing?" He removed the apple, "You're turning freaking eighteen!" He exclaimed throwing his hand up.

"My 'rents are going to make a dinner for the first time in about a year. And although they don't cook often, my mother makes the best Spaghetti." I grinned hugely.

"You know—I kinda have a thing for spaghetti." Jack said jokingly, though I knew he was completely serious.

"Sorry, but no can do. They want a small family dinner." I said emphasizing family.

"Well why not tell them I'm your cousin?" He joked."Your third cousin thrice removed, who was living in Mexico for the past year?"

I laughed. "Two problems Jack: One you don't speak Spanish, two they know what you look like."

"They don't have to I'll wear a false mustache." He laughed himself.

"Right jack, you are really one in a million."

He grinned widely.

***

It was now sixth period, and the day passed quickly and uneventfully. Alex had somehow convinced his parents to let him stay home all day, so somehow everything was that much more quiet—even with Jack's antics.

I took my seat next to Brandon, and a thought bursted into my mind, and butterflies streamed in my stomach below.

"Hey Raine." He said, showing no sign that he remembered anything.

My conscience thought that he did, though me myself I wasn't sure. I could feel him staring at me waiting for me to reply.

Just suck it up and think of it as though nothing happened—thats what he's doing.

I did that and replyed, "Hiya." I braved the butterflies that were all over by now.

"So I hear it's your birthday tomorrow." He grinned.

"Yeah."

"You're turning eighteen right?"

"Mhm."

He could tell that something was wrong—I had invoulintarily tensed up when he moved my hair behind my ear.

"You're nervous." It wasn't a question.

I didn't reply.

"Why?" He asked concern in his eyes.

"It's just my birthday snuck up on me, and I wasn't expecting it to get here this fast."

He looked like he believed me.

"Oh. Well i was wondering if you're not doing anything tomorrow afternoon, we could go see a movie." He smiled.

"Uh—" I thought it through quickly. I probably could before the dinner... "Sure."

He smiled wider, "Okay—I'll text you the details later."

And with that everything seemed to go back to the normal sense of things.

For the moment anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to write another chapter-it think i'm going to be doing better about updating from now.

and is it me-or did it seem like i used to write more in one chapter?

Raine's outfit