Too Much Of You Is Never Enough.

Meeting New People

I smiled to myself and continued walking inside to set up. My mom took me up to the second floor to what was supposed to be my room. It was about the same size as my previous bedroom. The difference was that it was a breath taking lime green, with a window seat, that over looked the side of the yard.

"On my god mom! I love it!"I told her giving her a quick hug. I had a huge smile plastered to my face.

"I knew you would. I'll leave you to settle in," she said walking away.

I began placing things on the shelves of my book case and anywhere else. I continued to try and make it look the way I wanted, when I realized that music was playing softly.

I went over to the window and sat down, and opened it up so I could hear better. I couldn't see where the music was coming from, but I could hear the music more clearly now.

I fought it for a long time now,
While drowning in a river of denial,
I washed up, fixed up, picked up,
All my broken things

'Cause you left me, polise scene, chalk line,
Tequila shots in the dark scene of the crime,
Suberban living witha feeling that I'm giving up,
Everything for you

Oh, oh, oh how was I supposed to know,
That you were o-o- over me?
I think that I should go (go!)
Something's telling me to leave but I won't,
'Cause i'm damned if I do ya, damned if I don't

It took a lot to take you home,
One stupid call and I end up alone,
You made up, dressed up, messed up,
Plans I set in stone

But you made me do it,
I don't like dancing in the alley,
With a street rat night life,
Can't keep living with a feeling that I"m giving up
Everything for you...


I sat there and continued to listen until it ended. Hmm...the neighbors have good taste in music...I wonder why I've never heard of this band before...

I realized something was missing. Oh yeah! My posters and my cds.

I walked to the car to get my box of cds and posters, when I heard someone shout at me.

"Hey!"

I turned around and came face to face with the two boys I saw earlier.

"Uhh...Hi?" It came out sounding more like a question. I was cought like a deer in the headlights.

"My name's Jack and this is Alex." He said motioning to the boy standing next to him.

"My name's Miranda, but you can call me Raine."

"Cool. I live next door, by the way."said Jack.

"Yeah. Uh, we just finished band practice, and were wondering if you would like to get something to eat with us." said Alex.

"Y'know. To welcome you to the neighborhood." finished Jack.

"Sure, let me just go tell my parents."

"Awesome."