Too Much Of You Is Never Enough.

If You Wade Around Forever You Will Surely Drown

can't believe this is happening. I'd have to say, that right now I'm scared shitless.

I looked up slowly from the position my head was currently in and, honestly I never thought this would be happening to me...

He looked at me in such a way that said everything. That gave me chills, that made me think about why the hell I never saw who he was before.

I looked at him and he was mad. I mean really mad.

He raised his hand and struck me again. I gasped and he repeatedly hit my stomach, arms and legs. Then after s few minutes of that, he stormed out leaving me there to cry by my lonesome.Thinking about what i did wrong to deserve this...

***

I got dressed looking at the bruises that now covered my arms, and one that was forming on my face.

My arms were tender as I pulled on a long sleeve to cover what was there.

I drove th school making sure that I had not run into Jack or Alex, because honestly, if he did this to me, who knows what else he would do. And then if I told anybody...something worse would probably happen....

First period was hard, I had to keep making excuses not to talk to Jack, I'm sure he noticed that I was trying my hardest not to talk to him.

Second was okay, because I could talk to Kara with out a second thought, but then third...well that was a different story.

I sat down in my seat and prayed to god that Alex would not show up, because its very hard not to talk to him. But no, my prayers are never answered, and obviously he has to show up. He took his seat next to me and well things pretty much went down hill from there.

"Hey Raine." He smiled.

It was hardto even smile with great weight upon my shoulders. I smiled, kind of but other than that I felt like crying.

He looked at me and it seemed that he could see right through my mask of false happiness.

"Raine...What's wrong?" He asked his eyes tender, full of everything I wish I could just hold in my arms and call mine...

I wanted so hard to tell him, but I couldn't what if Brandon did something to him? And after what he did to me...well i don't want him to suffer.

I just shook my head.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" He said.

I nodded.

"Well then why won't you talk to me?" He sounded slightly hurt, probably wondering what the he.ll he did to upset me.

I sat there quietly.

"Did I do something?"

I shook my head no.

"Then why won't you talk?" His voice was a whisper.

Silence from me.

"Please tell me..."

I shook my head.

"Why not...don't I at least deserve that?"

I spoke and my voice was slightly off, because I hadn't been speaking much today.

"I...I can't tell you..."

He studied my face, eyes widening at my bruise on my left cheek.

"Wha-what happened to your cheek?" He asked gingerly trying to touch it. I flinched when his hand came within a few inches of it.

"Nothing...I just hit myself by accident..."

He sensed I wouldn't say anymore, and sat there looking at me the whole class period, wondering what the he.ll was wrong...

***

At lunch I didn't talk much then either, I was sitting with Brandon, Whom was perfectly comfortable with himself, acting as though nothing at all had happened.

I tried my best, but not with much success. I'm sure that they could tell something was off, but none called me out on it. In some ways that was good...in others not so much.

***

I got home and went straight to bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, but my body was still sore, so it took a while to position myself. With each movement it hurt just that much, and by the time I was almost asleep, the tears were flowing freely.

~~~~~

A broken winged angel,
fallen on high,
desperate and broken,
but too strong to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is kinda depressing :/ but trust me it will get better.