Too Much Of You Is Never Enough.

Friends

I dashed inside the house and found my mom in the living room placing things on the bookshelves and anywhere else she could, much like I was doing earlier.

“Mom, can I take a break for a while and go get something to eat with the boys from next door?” I asked her.

“Sure, what are their names?”

“Uh, Jack lives next door Alex is his friend.”

“Alright, have fun.”

I walked back outside and saw them standing next to a red Audi. They were talking, but as soon as they heard my foot steps they turned to look at me.

“So where are we going?” I asked them.

“To McDonalds-” said Alex.

“Only the best for our friend” finished Jack. “We’re going in Alex’s car. And you my fair lady, get to ride shot gun.”

I laughed and we all got in. They sound of Blink 182 softly filled my ears. It was silent, and I was thinking, until it dawned on me.

“Wait…you guys said you were in a band so…that was…you?”

“Ah, so you heard us?” Alex said smirking.

“Yeah, you guys were amazing!” I said. “So what do you play?”

“Well, I play guitar, and we have two other band members; Zack and Rian.” Jack said obviously amused with my reaction. “Zack plays bass and Rian plays drums-”

“And I sing and play guitar.”said Alex.

“Wow. You guys were really amazing.”

We had just pulled up to McDonalds and were getting out of the car. We walked up, and inside there was no line, so we went right up to the front.

The cashier was unnaturally blond, and looked extremely bored, might I add. When she saw Alex and Jack she immediately straightened up.

She acted as though I wasn’t even there.

“What can I get you?” she asked not even bothering to look in my direction.

“Raine?” They both said turning to me.

I ordered and so did they. We were going to find a place to sit and eat, with me and Jack in the front. I looked back to see if Alex was coming, and I could have sworn I saw her oh-so smoothly give him her number. A twinge of jealousy hit me in the stomach.

I don’t know why I care, I don’t even know him that well.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean you don't like him. My conscience told me.

No honestly. I don't. I can't.

Alex broke the silence, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“So…what grade are you in?”

“Twelfth.”

“Us too!” Jack said enthusiastically.

“Cool. And you’re going to Dulaney?”

“Yeah, I think.” I replied.

“Awesome hopefully we‘ll have some classes together.” said Jack before digging into his food.

It was silent for a moment.

“What kind of music do you like?” questioned Alex as Jack took a big sip of his drink.

“Well I like alternative, and and a few other things. But my favorite bands are - well now you guys - Blink 182 and New
Found Glory.” I stated proudly.

“No freaking way!” Jack shouted, nearly spitting out his drink all over me.

“I never thought a girl like you would like them!”

I wanted to laugh at Jack's previous expression, but Alex's words got my attention. "A girl like what?" I inquired.

Jack and Alex exchanged a glance.

“Well. A girl who is quiet, nice and as…pretty as you.” Stated Jack as he turned a ruby red.

I blushed. I was not used to people complimenting me. “You know you’re not like most girls,” said Alex.

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

“Definitely good.” said Jack, nodding.

“Most girls are too caught up in worrying about how they look,” Alex said, “It’s nice to meet someone who isn’t for a change.” he finished smiling lopsided.

That made my heart skip a beat and pick up double time. “Thanks,” I mumbled blushing deeper.

We finished eating and were walking to the car. Getting in and were on our way back home, when suddenly they began asking me a ton of questions about myself. Everything from my favorite color to places I’ve been, to past boyfriends. They wouldn’t stop asking me why I blushed and changed they subject, when they asked me the last one.

“Look, we’re friends right?” Alex asked after all else had failed.

"Yes, but-”

“No butt’s unless we’re talking about mine.” Jack intervened.

I gave him a what-the-hell look, and we all burst out laughing.

“Fine if you must know…I’ve never had a boyfriend.”

We had just gotten out of the car and were still talking. They stared at me in disbelief.

“You must be joking.” Jack said still shocked.

“No…not really.” I blushed.

“But-”

“Ah-ah-ah remember what Jack said.” I joked, regaining my composure.

They laughed. Alex continued, “What I was going to say was, you’re so beautiful and your personality is just as amazing. So I don’t understand why you haven’t had a boyfriend yet.”

“Thanks…” I mumbled blushing even deeper.

He pulled out his phone quickly reading a text. “Well I guess I should be getting home.”

"Bye,” said Jack.

“Bye.” he said as he came over to hug me. He wrapped his arms lightly around my waist.

“Bye,” I said a little disoriented.

He smells so good… I thought.

Wait what am I saying!?

Just stating the plain truth!

I snapped out of my thoughts, as he pulled away.

Alex drove away and we began to walk back to our houses.

“Hey honey. How was your afternoon?” My mother asked.

“Fine and yours?” I said. I realized I was smiling like an idiot, and couldn’t stop.

“Nice. That’s good to hear.” she grinned.

***

I went up to my room and opened the curtains only to find a window to a room across from mine. I looked closer and saw Jack sitting on his bed, reading something. I tapped the window lightly, and he looked up. He smiled widely, went up walked over got some paper wrote on it, and held it up to the window.

He wrote:

Fancy meeting you here

I laughed and wrote back:

I could say the same.

We continued doing that for a while and finally go tired.

He said:

Well I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?

I replied:

I guess.

He said:

Alex is coming to pick me up tomaro so I’ll have him get you too.

I said:

Okay. Goodnight.

He said:

Night.

And with that the night passed quickly, and I went to bed realizing I still had a smile plastered to my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
just wanted to get out what i had already written. i would really like some comments or feedback. :)
-Miranda