Too Much Of You Is Never Enough.

Home Is Where They Should Be

We talked a lot more. And I do mean a lot. I learned quite a bit about him from just a simple afternoon spent with Alex. Things like his birthday which was December 14th. He was born in Essex England, and when I asked him why he didn't have an English accent, he responded with a joke, saying "Because then I'd be too drop dead gorgeous for my own good."

That earned him a good punch in the shoulder from me, and we laughed.

Now we were on our way to my house, so he could drop me off. All the while talking, never letting the familiar silence sink in.

We showed up only to find both my parents' cars gone, and what appeared to be a note taped to the door. I began quickly reading through it:

Dear Raine,

I'm sorry this is such short notice. Our boss called us and they needed us to go on a business trip ASAP. There should be enough money to cover all your expenses for the next week. You know how our jobs are, or you should know, our jobs have been like this since you turned thirteen and we knew you could take care of yourself. Like i said before: I'm sorry this was so short notice.

~All our love, Mom and Dad.


Alex was silently reading over my shoulder.

I laughed bitterly. "They left...again."

"That's fucked. Your parents have been doing this since you were thirteen?" He asked, incredulously.

"Yep. Basically, they thought I was 'mature' enough to be alone, make my own decisions. And I bet never once had the thought crossed thier mind that anything could have happened to me."

"How did you get to school?"

"Bus."

"Food?"

"I took a cooking class, and shopped on my own as well." My tone was clearly bitter.

"You know...maybe you could-" His phone cut him off.

He had a short conversation, with whoever called him. His nose slightly wrinkled at whatever they told him, he snorted. And quickly hung up.

"I'm sorry I can't stay longer," He frowned. "My mom threw a bitch fit." He lightly chuckled.

"It's alright." I said, "I'm used to it." I was trying not to display how sad I felt deep down.

I could tell he didn't buy it.

He was going to argue but I put my finger to his lips and cut him off.

"Honestly, Alex." I told him, "I'll be okay."

He put his hand up to mine, pulled it off his lips, and dropped them to the space in front of us, keeping them together.

"Are you sure...?" He questioned.

"Yes," I said as scincerely as possible.

"Whatever you say..." He said raising an eyebrow.

I nodded. He pulled me into a quick hug, when he pulled away he kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger longer than they should, for people who are 'just friends'.

He jogged away to his car, and drove away...

I put my hand to my forehead instinctively.

It felt as though...and electric current was running through the exact spot his lips touched...

I walked inside, changed into my pajamas, and began to make myself something to eat. I was lucky that I took a few years of coulinary arts classes. I finished eating a while later, went up stairs to my room and popped a DVD into the tv. Just as I got settled to watch it, my phone rang.

One new text from Jack.

Open your fucking door! :P

I chuckled.

I'm coming. God don't throw a bitch fit. xD

I went down the stairs to find a ice cream holding Jack standing at the front door.

I opened it and told him, "Jack not that I don't love you or anything, but...what the fuck are you doing on my doorstep?"

"I noticed the 'rents were gone, and figured you could use some company." He grinned lopsidedly, tilting his head as well.

Aww Jack's like a lost puppy. I chuckled inwardly.

"Well I would say no but then I couldn't have this delicous ice cream you brought..." I snatched it from his grip and ran up the stairs, grabbing two spoons on the way up.

I fell on the bed and Jack flopped on it shortly after.

We sat on the bed and started to watch the movie, as we ate ice cream.

A few minutes later Jack spoke, "Oh and by the way I saw that." He smiled.

"Saw what?" I asked, although I couldn't contain the smile from escapeing my lips.

"Alex kiss you on the forehead! Ohh! Love birds, love birds, lovey-dovey love birds!" Jack said in a singsong voice.

I looked at him, makeing sure he could see me roll my eyes. "Whatever you say Jack, whatever you say..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that I havn't updated in a while. I planned on doing it earlier this week, but a lot of shitty stuff has happened, and I finally got the chance to sit down and only think about writing this. It felt nice, for a change. (:

Ranie's Pajamas