Status: in progress

Tough as Nails and an Attitude to Match

chapter 1

Info
Name: Anya Rose
Age: 18
Personality: kind (when feels like it), caring (when feels like it), sarcastic, smart-ass sticks up for friends, doesn’t take crap from anyone, will beat shit out of someone if they mess with her or get on her bad side, afraid of losing loved ones, and she hates Bella.
Race: Human
Past: Family didn’t want her so when she was in old enough (12yrs old) they dumped her in boarding school, where she causes lot’s of trouble. Got sent to juvenile detention for bashing someone up badly when she was 16. One of the police officers in Australia sends Anya to her old friend Sam Uley who tries to change Anya’s attitude to become better person.

Chapter 1

I hear a lot of the other inmates in this detention centre talk about parents. I don’t get what’s so great about them, probably because my own parents shipped me off to boarding school when I was 12 and I never saw them again. But before I was sent off my parents never cared about me, they kept saying that I was a mistake and they wished I was never born. Maybe that was the reason why I got frustrated and bashed a fellow school kid up so badly that they are in a coma still. Of course due to me putting them in a coma resulted in me being in the juvenile detention centre that I am in now.
I’m 18 now so I have been in this hell whole centre for 2 long years and in that time I have to admit that my attitude hasn’t improved.
Many of the inmates here new to stay away from me out of fear of what I would do to them, but that was just my reputation and unless they really pissed me off only then would I beat the shit out of them. I didn’t care what anyone else thought of me, I didn’t need my abandoning parents, I didn’t need friends and I didn’t need anyone to care for me, as far as I was concerned I could look after myself without anyone else’s help.

I was lying in my room (cell) just staring into space enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasted, I had no roommate which I was happy about, cause that meant no annoying idiot bugging me 24/7. It was nearly lights out when the head of police here at the detention centre came for a visit.
“Anya, I would like to offer you a deal” the officer said, I didn’t bother remembering her name as I didn’t care to talk to them unless I had too. After a few minutes of me just staring at her the officer finally started to talk again.
“I have a friend in La Push, Washington America, names Sam Uley. I spoke to him about your little problem with your attitude and he was willing to let you stay with him so as he could try and make you a better person. What do you think?” she asked.
“Do I have a choice?” I asked dryly with narrowed eyes.
“It’s either you go to La Push to live with Sam or your spend the rest of the month here then go off to prison, since the girl you beat at the boarding school has been in a coma for over 2 years now. So what will it be?” she asked not giving me much of a choice.
After sighing in frustration I muttered a “when do I leave?”
“First thing tomorrow” she replied and added an ‘I will take you to the airport myself’ before walking out of the room leaving me in darkness with my thoughts.
‘Great shipped off to another new place, can’t wait’ I thought sarcastically before closing my eyes and letting sleep take over.

The next morning I packed what little things I had and was taken to the airport by the female officer.
“Now Sam will meet you when your plane lands at 4pm” she explained as I was about to board the plane.
“Whatever” I muttered.
“Anya, this will be your last chance to change your attitude” she scolded me.
“I know but it’s not as easy as everyone thinks it is” I snapped back at her getting pissed. Her response was looking at me with a sympathetic expression on her face. “I got to go” I muttered after a sigh and left the officer standing there while I boarded the plane that was to take me away to me next doom world.
15hrs later I finally arrived at Port Angeles airport. I started to wonder if when my mother was pregnant with me if she and my father ever assumed the life of which I was going to live. I bet if they knew what the future was then maybe they wouldn’t have had me to begin with. I hated my so called parents with a passion; let’s just say that a lot of my anger issues are resulted from being treated like trash by the same people who gave me life.
I walked out of the airport terminal and saw a guy in his early 20’s with black hair and tall about 6 feet, waiting by his car holding a sign with my name on it. I guessed that he was Sam, the person I would be living with. Sighing I grabbed my bag and made my way over to him.
“Anya?” he asked me with a kind smile on his face.’
“If I wasn’t do you think I would of approached you otherwise?” I asked him in return not even bothering to hide my disgust of being here.
“Right, well let’s go shall we” he said as he headed to the driver’s side of the car.
The drive to his place was quiet and boring but I really could care less. About 20 minutes later we arrived in La Push at Sam’s house. The house looked quiet cute. Does anyone have a bucket so I can gag in? If anything this ‘cute little house’ will make my attitude worse.
“By the way, Anya, I have some friends over for dinner. They are mostly round your age and a few of them are a bit younger but I know that you will get along great” Sam said as he parked in the driveway.
“No you don’t know. Nobody ever knows anything about me so don’t you dare assume that you do after knowing me for not even 30 minutes yet” I snapped at him as I got out of the car and slammed the door.
I walked up to the front door and waited for Sam to come since I didn’t want to go inside at all.
“Listen, Anya, I know that you don’t want to be here but I agreed to help you so you are going to have to get used to it” he said calmly.
“I don’t want or need your help” I snapped at him feeling my anger rise.
“If that was the case why are you here?” he said and with that he opened the front door and walked inside. I stared after him as his words sunk in. ‘If I had an actual choice I wouldn’t even be here’ I thought angrily to myself before walking inside the house as well.

End chpt 1
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?