Status: in progress

Tough as Nails and an Attitude to Match

chapter 2

Chapter 2

Walking inside the house the first thing I saw were 8 boys stuffing their faces like pigs in a slop house. Disgusting. There were also 3 girls standing around the boys. One of the girls was most likely Sam’s girlfriend as he caught her up in an embrace as soon as he saw her. I stood by the now closed door staring at the scene before me starting to think that maybe prison wouldn’t have been so bad after all.
After a few minutes a brown-haired girl noticed me standing there as she hesitantly approached me. She looked at me for a bit before talking, more like stuttering “Hi, I-I-I’m Bella” she said with a shy smile, while offering her hand for a shake. I just glared at her hand making her take it back with a frown.
“Anya” I muttered dryly turning away from her.
“I almost forgot, guys this is Anya, she will be staying here for a bit” Sam said not explaining why I was here. Everyone in the room turned to stare at me with confused looks on their faces.
“More like I’ll be staying here so Sam can try to change my ‘attitude’” I scoffed at them.
“Why change your attitude?” the brown-haired girl from before asked me with wide-eyes mixed with confusion.
I turned to face her with a smirk on my face making her step back shocked. “Because it was either come here or go to prison for putting a girl in a coma 2 years ago” I explained my smirk still in place.
“If you are trying to intimidate us or something you are going to have to try harder than that” one of the boys snickered to me.
“Whoever said anything about intimidating you? I was just stating the truth” I said with a raised eyebrow. I felt the tension in the room increase as everyone became uneasy, makes my job easier of making them stay away from me.
“I’ll introduce everyone shall I?” Sam said breaking the silence and glaring/staring contests. “This is Embry, Quil, Jared, Jacob, Paul, Leah, Collin, Seth, Brady, Bella and Emily. Emily is my fiancée, the rest are my friends and Bella is a friend of Jacobs” he introduced.
“Anya” I stated simply. I noticed the guy named Paul staring at me weirdly. “Is there something I can help you with?” I snapped at him making him shake his head.
“No, just enjoying the view of the new chick in town” Paul stated with a smirk on his face making me raise my eyebrow at him.
“Looks like boys here are dumber than they look” I stated with a smirk making his smirk turn into a pissed off frown. “Where’s the bathroom?” I asked Sam as Paul tried to retain his cocky façade.
After being shown where the bathroom was I walked and did my stuff. As I was coming out I hid behind the wall before the kitchen as I heard the others talking about me.

“What is up with her?” Jared asked with murmured agreements from the others.
“Like she said she is here so I can try to change her attitude” Sam replied.
“I don’t like her, she seems too angry all the time” Bella muttered.
“Yeah, she is a female version of you Paul” Quil chuckled.
“Don’t compare me to her, we are nothing alike. At least I know how to be civilised” Paul snapped at them.
“What do her parents think about her attitude?” Bella asked Sam.
“She doesn’t live with her parents, she lived at a juvenile detention centre since she was 16” Sam explained.
“But surely her parents are worried about her aren’t they?” Bella asked but soon stopped once she saw me glaring at them.
As everyone stared at me in shock I felt my anger burst.
“My parents don’t think since they are the reason I am in this predicament. Next time you guys want to talk about someone behind their back make sure that you know them before you start talking. Nobody knows anything about me! None of you know anything about me! So don’t you dare try talking about me when you know nothing about me!” I yelled at them before I stormed out the front door slamming in shut behind me. I didn’t know why I bothered coming here in the first place. I hated the rain, I hated small towns and I hated everyone inside that house. If Sam thinks that he can change my ‘attitude’ then he doesn’t know who he is dealing with and he is in for a world of hell.

End chpt 2