Status: in progress

Tough as Nails and an Attitude to Match

chapter 3

Chapter 3

I didn’t know how long I was sitting outside for but eventually people joined me. More like Bella and Jacob walked outside because Bella had to go home. As they said goodbye I watched them and noticed that Jacob liked her almost loved her. ‘Interesting’ I smirked. After Bella left Jacob walked back but stopped when he noticed my smirk.
“What’s that look about?” he asked confused.
“You like her don’t you?” I snickered.
“No I don’t” he said angrily.
“That bullshit may work on everyone else but not on me. Besides I don’t care whether you do or don’t I just think that it’s funny that you’re chasing after someone who is not interested in you in that way” I snickered again before standing up and walking back inside. I can’t stay outside forever. Walking inside I was greeted by Emily.
“Anya! I was just about to come and get you dear” she said with a smile.
“Dear? Don’t call me dear” I said dryly.
“Yeah Emily, dear isn’t the right word for her. More like arrogant bitch” one of the boys, Embry shouted out as they all laughed.
“Arrogant bitch? Is that seriously the best you can come up with? Psychotic bitch is more of an appropriate word” I suggested dryly before sitting down at the table.
Dinner was silent and the tension in the air was more than I expected, maybe because the boys didn’t know how to react to me since Sam probably told them to behave around me or something.
“We are going to the beach tomorrow and you’re coming with us” Sam told me.
“Glad to see I have a choice” I muttered sarcastically.
“What?” the boys shouted in outrage.
“She will probably try to drown us or something!” Jared shouted.
“Drowning you isn’t worth my time” I replied with a smirk.
“She is coming because she needs to associate with people to fix her attitude” Sam told them.
‘Yeah, go ahead and talk like I’m not even here’ I thought sarcastically as I became pissed. I was right this place definitely won’t improve my anger issues. The rest of the night was boring as the boys and Emily and Leah hung out in the lounge room and laughed having a good time while I was in the kitchen bored out of my mind. Watching them hang out I didn’t care for I was used to being left out of things and being alone, but somewhere deep inside of me hurt as the reality of being alone forever sunk in. Without saying a word I made my way up to my new room and crashed. My last thought was that this place was going to change me and I wasn’t sure if it was changing for good or changing for bad.

The next morning I woke up to loud talking downstairs, groaning I dressed and walked downstairs where I was greeted with everyone in swim gear. ‘That’s right we are going to the beach today, great’.
“Anya, go get dressed into your swim gear so we can leave” Sam said as he was the first to see me which in turn made everyone turn towards me.
“We don’t actually have a swimming pool at the detention centre you know?” I told them hoping they would catch my meaning as to having no swim gear.
“That’s ok then you can just swim naked” Paul laughed with a smirk on his face as he roamed his eyes down my body.
“And you can just go the rest of your life without having children if you catch my drift” I said back making his smirk falter a bit.
“You can look baby but you can’t touch” he said as he regained his composure.
“Well you can’t look, can’t touch, and you definitely can’t fuck” I snapped back. “Oh and call me ‘baby’ one more time and you will be sorry” I threatened. Paul stared at me stunned for a bit before smirking at me again but this time he added a wink to the mix. Then he actually had the gall to approach me and put his arm over my shoulder. I stared at him a silent warning for him to move his arm or else, but of course the brainless idiot just smirked at me. I smirked back before pulling my arm back and punching him where it hurt right in his precious jewels. Just as expected Paul dropped his arm and groaned in pain while curling into a ball cupping himself. I snickered while everyone stared in shock. I shrugged my shoulders before walking to the door.
As I leaned against the wall near the door something in the atmosphere changed as I sensed danger. Looking over at Paul I saw him glaring daggers at me while he was held back by Jared and Embry. But the weird thing was that I noticed that Paul was shaking and I swear I heard his bones begin to pop. It seemed that the others heard it as well as Embry and Jared pull Paul out the door. As they passed Paul literally growled at me something about being a bitch then something which I could have sworn was ‘Just my luck being imprinted to a bitch like you’. Interesting.
When they were gone everyone in the room glared at me, well except for Bella who was looking around wide-eyed.
“Anya, never provoke Paul again” Sam scolded me.
“It’s not my fault if Paul can’t handle being punched in the balls” I said shrugging.
“Paul has massive anger issues so the last thing you want to do if set him off” he said firmly.
“Now you know me since I am the same” I said dryly before walking out the door.

End chpt 3