Status: in progress

Tough as Nails and an Attitude to Match

chapter 5

Chapter 5

(Paul’s POV)
The guys and I were laughing and carrying on as we usual did, the only thing different was that I couldn’t get Anya off of my mind. Of course it was just my luck to end up imprinting on a girl who has anger issues just as bad as I did. But then again I guess if I had to choose who to imprint on I would choose Anya as she wouldn’t complain about all that girly girl bullshit. As soon as she gets passed her trust issues then I’ll be free to move in.
My thoughts were interrupted by Emily screaming for Sam. I was on my feet within a second as we all rushed up stairs to where Emily was standing in Anya’s room. One look around the place clarified to reasoning for why she screamed.
“Anya’s gone” Emily cried. I felt my anger snap as my heart began to ache with worry over where she was.
“We have to find her!” I shouted determined to make sure she was ok and not hurt.
“We will find her don’t worry. We will split up to cover more ground” Sam said as all of us ran down stairs and into the forest to split up and search.
Adrenaline rushed through my veins and blood as the only thought processing at the moment was that I had to find Anya no matter what it took; if something happened to her I didn’t know what I would do.

Anya’s POV

Opening my eyes I was momentarily lost as I couldn’t remember where I was or how I got here in the forest, but a quick flashback brought me back to the present of running away from Sam’s house after being the blame of making Bella cry. All I knew was that I was in the forest surrounding La Push and it was early morning as the sun was shining.
Looking around I saw that there was nothing in sight except for trees and more trees. The hairs on the back of my neck began to rise as I got a weird sense that I wasn’t alone and that something or someone was watching me. Standing up slowly I turned around in a full circle surveying my surroundings as I went searching for the source of my discomfort.
The bushes to the right of me rustled making me pause in my search. Turning only my head slowly to the noise I observed the bushes to my right. It was then that my brown eyes met another pair of brown eyes. I froze as it was confirmed I was not alone but I had company in the form of a wolf. I turned my body around so as my back wasn’t to the wolf as I watched the wolf slowly reveal itself. Its fur was a grey sandy colour and it was huge, bigger than any wolf I had ever seen on TV. But there was something about him that looked familiar like I have seen this wolf before except not as a wolf but something else. It was hard to explain and my mind got all confused trying to figure it out. The wolf slowly approached my frozen form while staring at my eyes intently. The wolf ended up stopping just in front of me and stared as if waiting for something.
Nobody knew this but I had always been fascinated with wolves, their instinctive nature and alluring composure and structure; it all interested me. Keeping my eye on the wolf watching to see if it changed in its emotions in anyway, I slowly crouched down so as I was leaning on the balls of my feet in front of the wolf. Holding my hand out to allow the creature to stiff it I gently spoke to it.
“Hey boy, I didn’t know there were wolves around here especially a lone wolf” I cooed softly. The wolf moved forward a bit and stiffed my hand before placing its head under it so as I was patting it.
“Why are you out here all alone?” I asked it not really expecting it to talk back to me. Instead the wolf whined back softly and nuzzled my hand. “Don’t tell me you came looking for me?” I asked it frowning a bit. The odd thing was that the wolf looked at me then nodded its head like it was answering my question with a yes.
“Why should you care? I mean nobody else does” I said angrily. The wolf lifted its head and tilted it to the side in question. I sighed then took a deep breath not really believing that I was about to spill my guts to a wolf. “I guess you want to know why I’m moody and why I’m out here huh?” more intense looks from the wolf. “As long as you don’t go back to your pack and blab to them about a human telling you a wolf about her problems like some nutcase” I joked. The wolf stuck its tongue out in what I think was a wolfish grin.
“My Family didn’t want me so when I was in old enough (12yrs old) they dumped me in boarding school, where I caused heaps of trouble. I then got sent to juvenile detention for bashing someone up badly when I was 16. Then 2 days ago one of the police officers in the detention centre gave me a choice either I go to prison at the end of the month or I go to her old friend Sam Uley place so as he can change my attitude to become better person” I explained. I sighed as I sat down on the ground and looked at the sky through the trees. The wolf came and sat by me still staring at me intently.
“I never used to be like this you know. I used to actually be kind and nice and a loving person. Even though my parents never paid attention to me and always blamed me for everything I still loved them because they were my parents. But when they sent me to the boarding school and I never saw them again I felt alone and betrayed and started to take my anger out on everyone in my way and the world. I refused to let anyone push me around again. Then I get sent here which makes me feel even more alone and my anger is worse because everyone here has a good life where people love them while I never had and never will have that. My life was over the day my parents rejected me so I don’t see why I should start having a life now” I finished. Sighing again I stood up and started to walk away. I got 5 feet away before I realised that the wolf was following me.
“What do you want? I don’t have any food or money so don’t expect me to feed you if you come with me” I warned it. The wolf just looked at me before brushing against my side and continued walking along side me.
I never in my life thought that I would be walking through the forest with a wolf by my side. Either the wolf was nuts or I was but I doubt that my life could get any more worse than it already was. At one point in the journey the wolf disappeared only to reappear 20 minutes later with a rabbit in its mouth. The wolf ended up dropping the carcass at my feet then sat on its hunch’s staring at me with its tongue hanging out. It was almost as if the wolf expected me to eat the rabbit. But there was no way in hell was I eating a dead rabbit especially one that had been killed by a wolf.
I didn’t know how much time had passed but I knew that I couldn’t have been in the forest for more than a couple of days. During the night the wolf would curl up beside me to keep me warm and during the day it would guard me like it was my protector or something. There was something very familiar about that wolf but I couldn’t place it. But whenever he looked me in the eyes I felt like I have met him before.
By the third day of being in the forest I noticed that I had wondered to another town. Stopping at the side of the road I read the sign telling me I was in a town called ‘Forks’. Shrugging I continued walking along the side of the road as the wolf walked in the cover of the bushes alongside me. Before too long I stopped at a bench near some shops where I sat down to rest my feet; the wolf ended up sitting under my feet half in the shadows half hiding under my legs and the table. I was sitting there about 5 maybe 10 minutes when a silver Volvo pulled up near me. Turning my head slightly so as I could get a better look at the driver and passenger, I saw someone I thought I had seen the last of. Bella sat in the passenger seat staring wide-eyed at me while the driver was probably her boyfriend; a bronze-haired guy who was looking at me with both a glare and wide-eyed stare at the same time if it was even possible. The wolf seemed to have noticed them as well as he sat on his paws as if ready to pounce at any moment growling deep in his throat. I didn’t want the wolf to attack and I didn’t want to confront them so I stood up from the table and started heading to the forest again.
I took one step away when I felt my arm wrenched back as I was pulled to a stop. Being forced around I saw the golden-haired guy standing there grabbing on my arm with ice cold hands and staring at me. But what made me freeze was that deep in the pits of his eyes I saw a deadly predator ready to come out and attack at any moment. Time seemed to stand still as the guy and I stared at each other – I with a look of suspicion while he a look of a killer.

End chpt 5