Fallen

No More, No Less, I Won't Forget

Jezzie sat starting at the nurse in absolute disbelief. She wasn't the only one either. The guard that had been sent to the emergency room with her had the same look of shock on his face. This couldn't be happening. No, this couldn't happen. If it happened that meant that everything she had would be destroyed and it would be all her fault again. She couldn't handle that. Her head fell forward slowly until it was cradled in her two cuffed hands. Tears scalded her eyes. She wanted to be mad, to find somewhere else to throw the blame, but she wasn't that kind of person. She had trained herself not to be.

"You're kidding right?" the guard demanded. "Look at her! She can't be pregnant! Does she look pregnant to you?" Jezzie heard the words but didn't react,but inside...God how she hated him. What right did the guard have to be upset? It wasn't his life that was going to fall apart. He had nothing to do with it the bastard!

"Well if you look at the images from the sonogram, it clearly shows the developing fetus. Miss Yale is pregnant. I've already called Dr. Malkizek to come speak to both of you. He'll have more details," the nurse said inclining her head and gently touching Jezzie's shoulder as if trying to give the sixteen year old some kind of assurance before she left the room.

Silence followed.

She was going to be a mother. A mother. Could she be a mother? She had never had one herself. She didn't even know what her mother had looked like. How could she ever be a mother? Her thoughts snapped at that. I'll never be a mother... she realized. They would take her baby. Her hands drifted down to protectively touch her stomach. She wondered if the bulge she felt there was a part of her imagination or if it was her baby starting to show itself.

"Miss Yale?" Her head snapped up, eyes wide and skittish as she looked up at the man who came into the room. "I'm Dr. Malkizek. I looked over the images from the sonophram and I'd have to guess that you're probably about four months along, would that be about right?"

Jezzie looked back down at her stomach, eyes growing sad as she did. She really was going to have a baby. She didn't deserve it. Maybe it was better that they were going to take it away from her. That way, she would never be a disappointment. Her baby would never have to look away from her in shame realizing that her mother could never do anything right.

Maybe she could do something right.

"I want to talk to Henry," she said, her voice quiet but firm.

"What?" the guard and doctor demanded at once, one annoyed and the other confused.

Jezzie looked up at the guard with cold eyes. "You heard me Tube Nose. I. Want. To. Talk. To. Henry."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry my pretties, all part of the plan.

I actually have the rest of the story planned out. Just gotta right it now :)