Fallen

If You Fall Then I Will Too

Henry had been looking for Jezzie almost without ceasing. The one time anyone had tried to call him on it, he had very promptly reminded them that Jezzie Yale was his only case and that he had a responsibility to her. They had learned long since to not argue with him about those kinds of things.

Of course just because he hadn't given up, didn't mean that he had found her either. Apparently when Jezzie didn't want to be found, you couldn't find her. He had thought it had been bad before, now was worse. He rammed his hand through his dark hair and let his head drop back onto his pillow.

"Hey, you're Maddox right?" Henry swung around to see a boy about his own age. "Henry Maddox? Looking for Jezzie?"

The guy was talking to him as if he was an idiot, but that wasn't his concern. He had heard Jezzie's name nad that was all the incentive he needed to listen and put up with being treated like an idiot. "Where is she?" Henry demanded without any preamble.

The other man worked his jaw like he wanted to say something before he seemed to think better of it. "C'mon, I'll show you just...be cool about it okay?"

Henry clenched his jaw. Hearing those words did nothing for his nerves. First she had been missing and now it sounded like she had gotten herself in trouble. He wasn't going to turn his back on her though. If he did, who knew where she would end up or if she would survive long enough to find someone to trust again.

The man walked along whistling a little off key, his hands shoved in his pockets. It was clear that he didn't really care about the area around him. It made Henry question just who he was trusting. But he didn't see himself having much of a choice in this matter. Henry kept his face down at the back of the man's feet as he was led inside of a building near where he had found Jezzie the first time she had decided to skip off.

They found Jezzie in a small room on the second floor. She was curled up on a nice bed above the covers. Henry ignored the feeling in his chest when he saw her. He looked over at the other male only to see him raise his eyebrows before turning and leaving the room. Henry clenched ihs jaw and almost went after him before dismissing that. Henry moved over to Jezzie and scooped her up. She was a little paler than usually and maybe a little thinner too, but she was breathing. He would take that.