Arizona Skies

I Can Take Your Breath Away.

I took the next flight out of New Orleans to Pennsylvania. I landed in Pennsylvania at 6:30 in the morning and just like I asked him to, Stephen was waiting there for me. He looked ready to fall over and I knew that he was really tired; I felt instantly bad for asking him to come pick me up. Stephen pulled me into a hug as soon as I approached him.

"Hey Steve, thanks so much for coming to get me," I told him squeezing him tightly. "I really appreciate this."

"Yeah you better love me Kyle," he said releasing me then yawning. "I'm so fucking tired right now. I really would like nothing more than to crawl back into bed."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry okay but I didn't know if anybody else would be willing to come get me. And you're probably the only person that could keep my showing up a secret," I told him as we walked over to the baggage carousel so I could grab my luggage.

We walked to the front of the airport and he hailed a cab for us to take back to the venue they were having Warped. "Okay," he said after a few minutes, "Please explain to me again why I needed to come get you from the airport."

I sighed and shook my head. Boys, I mean really, I shouldn't have to tell him more than once. "Okay well like I said last night, I needed you to come get me so that I could see John. I need to tell him I'm wrong about everything," I told him. "I was very, very wrong and I have other things I need to tell him."

Stephen yawned again and leaned his head back against the seat of the cab. "What else do you need to tell him? And why did you guys break up again? I still don't understand. You two were so fucking perfect. I swear I thought you guys were going to get married." Stephen yawned again and looked at me waiting for an answer.

"Stephen, pay attention," I told him smacking his shoulder. "You really didn't pay any attention to anything I was telling you last night, did you?"

"I'm sorry Kyle. I was kind of drunk when you called me. You should be glad that I remembered to come and pick you up this morning," he said shrugging his shoulder and smiling at me. "You know that I love you right?"

I smiled and chuckled. "Yes I know that you love me." I stopped and looked out the window. "When are we going to get there?" I asked.

"Ten more minutes," he said. "Where are you planning on going once we get there?"

"Where did you guys stay last night?" I asked.

"Last night we were in a motel since we got here the day before and everybody wanted to actually crash in a bed," he said.

"Okay then I'll go crash in Jess's room until the time comes for me to leave and find John and talk to him," I told him. "And now that I'm thinking about it, I really didn't give this much thought, did I?"

Stephen laughed and smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and squeezing me. "Kylee, I've never seen you do an impulsive thing except where it concerns my brother and that's because you love him. You two are perfect for each other."

When we got to the motel Stephen took me to Jess's room then left me to go back to his and Taylor's room. I knocked on the door and Jess answered still half asleep with her hair sticking up. Her eyes widened and she threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"Ooh, I missed you too Jess," I said laughing at her enthusiasm.

She pulled me into her room, then into the bathroom since the other girls in her room were still sleeping. "Oh my God, what're you doing here? I didn't think I'd see you again until we were done with Warped and you were done with your internship."

"Well, I have some unfinished business," I told her.

"With John," she said, knowing exactly who I was talking about. "Nobody has told me anything about you two. All I know is that you guys broke up." She stopped talking then went on. "Why the fuck haven't you told me what's going on between you two?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I really didn't tell anybody except Taylor and Godsey and the only reason I told Taylor anything is because there was no way I couldn't tell him. He's too nosy to leave things alone," I told her. I proceeded to tell her everything I hadn't told her. When I had finished she sat on the edge of the tub speechless.

When Jess finally spoke, I was surprised at what she said. "What do you need help with?"

"What?" I asked. I figured that she'd freak out about hearing I was pregnant.

"What do you need help with? I'm going to do everything possible to help you get John back. You two are fucking perfect and you're having a baby and I just love you guys together okay," she said going on and on about what she loved about the two of us.

"Yeah see I don't exactly know what I'm going to do. I kind of just called Steve last night and told him to make sure and pick me up this morning from the airport. I don't really have a plan on what I'm going to do," I told her. "All I know is that I need to talk to him and tell him I was wrong and that I need to be with him and I need to talk to him about our baby."

"Okay, well I have an idea. Here's what we're going to do…"

~*~

At twelve o'clock, I finally decided I should stop watching re-runs of Full House and get ready. Jess had told me before she left that The Summer Set went on at one, which meant if I wanted to snag John before he became surrounded by fans after they were done, I needed to be there about 1:30.

I got to the venue a little before 1:30. I wandered around until I found the stage they were playing on. I showed my backstage pass to the security guard and he let me by. I stood side stage and watched my best friends play their hearts out. I was standing on the side closest to Josh and when he noticed me, he ran over and tried to pull me on stage with them. I shook my head and told him "no" and pulled my hand back. He kept trying though and the commotion caught John's attention.

"Oh shit," I said when I noticed that John had seen me. He wasn't supposed to notice me until after they were done playing. He gave his bass over to a tech and started to walk towards me.

When Brian noticed me, he stopped singing and said this to the crowd. "Well, John has to leave now but he'll be around later to hang out, take pictures, or whatever. For our last song, one of our techies will be playing for him.

When John got over to where I was standing, I smiled at him. "I'm probably the last person you want to see right now but can we go talk somewhere? I have some things I need to tell you."

"Sure," he said. "I know where we can go to have some privacy." He and I walked back to the motel and we went into his room. "So, why are you here?"

"I needed to see you, to talk to you. I need to explain to you why I dumped you when I left. I understand that if you still hate me after I tell you all this, I'll leave you alone," I told him trying to hold back tears. This was going to be harder than I thought. "John, I love you and I didn't want to dump you but I saw no other way around it."

"Around what? You said the same thing before you left and I still don't know what you're talking about," he said.

"I didn't want to hold you back. Your band is getting big and I don't want to just get in the way," I told him.

"How would you get in the way?" he asked.

"John it wouldn't just be me getting in your way. There's also a little baby that would get in the way," I told him saying the last sentence quietly, not looking at him.

I felt him put his hand under my chin and lift it to look at him. "Are you saying that we're having a baby Kylee?"

"Yes. You and I are having a baby. I broke up with you because of the baby," I told him.

He stepped away from me and started pacing. "Did you really think I wouldn't want our baby? That I wouldn't want something we made together?"

"I don't know. TSS is just starting to get big and what if you decide that you don't want a wife and child. I don't want to deal with that," I told him letting a few tears escape.

John walked back over and pulled me into his arms. He cradled me against his chest and rubbed my back. "Kylee when I told you I loved you and wanted to be with you, I meant it. I want to marry you and have kids with you. Get that into your head sweetie."

I lifted my head up from his chest and looked at him. "So you don't hate me?"

"Kylee, I'm in love with you and I want this baby more than anything. I want you more than anything else too," he said.

I sniffled and laid my head on his chest again. "I was horrible to you though. How can you still want me?"

"Kylee, I'm going to keep saying this to you until you understand. I love you. I'll love you until I die. We're going to spend the rest of our lives together and raise a bunch of children and have a bunch of cats and dogs," he said. He placed his lips on mine and things left right for the first time since I had left him.

I sighed and released him. "I love you too. And that sounds like a very nice plan."

He pulled me down onto the bed and we lay facing each other. He reached down and lifted my shirt so that my stomach was showing. He gently placed his hands on my stomach then looked up at me and grinned. "I can't believe we're having a baby. And you know what that means," he said digging in his pocket and pulling out the ring he had given me, "we're getting married sooner than we planned to. And I also need to get you a better ring."

"Babe, this ring is perfect. I love it and you. I really don't need anything better," I told him putting the ring back on my finger.

He started kissing me gently then stopped and pulled back to look at me. "Umm…can we…" he trailed off and I knew what he wanted.

"As much as I want to, you do remember that Brian said you'd be back to see your fans," I told him kissing him lightly. "If we start our makeup sex now, I know for a fact that you'll never get back and I don't want to keep you from your fans."

"You're more important than my fans," he said protesting.

"That's very nice to know but you still need to go see them and pay attention to them. Otherwise you'll have a lot of angry girls," I told him. "I promise to be here when you get back."

"Come with me," he said getting up from the bed. "I need you by my side."

Things were perfect again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really can't believe this story has come to an end. I feel like this ended kind of lame but whatever. I can honestly say that this has been my favorite story so far to write. I love it a lot. I'm thinking about giving it a sequel but I'm not sure if I want to or just leave it as is. Does anybody want a short sequel to this?

Oh and I feel really bad about my updating habits this summer. I had plans to update a lot this summer but obviously that didn't happen. Once I get my laptop (which should be in the next week or two) I'll be able to work on writing more.

If you guys could leave me comments since this is the last chapter and all that'd be great :3