Status: Completed! Whoo!

Slave: The Fight to Save a Species

Slave: The Fight to Save a Species

Prologue

On the planet Quasar, in a universe parallel to your own, live my people. To understand how we came to be you will have to know our history. Long ago, thousands of years before you or I were even a thought, Quasar flourished with humans of all colors and sizes. They were an advanced species, far more advanced than the humans on your planet are today, but with advancement comes responsibility and power beyond what they were able to control. War became routine and new weapons were always in demand, but never available fast enough. The greatest minds in science would receive a hefty sum of money for inventing the next big weapon.

For years the fighting and killing continued, until a small group of scientists created a weapon that showed the potential to end all rivals. By combining the genetics of two species, a killing machine was born. Duplicating the process with many different predator species, the scientists’ mass produced until there was no longer room to hold them. Shoving these weapons into small cells they were tortured until the only constant in their life was pain and betrayal. Grouping together, the weapons attacked their creators, killing all but two. It is said that one man and one woman, both part of the group that created the all powerful weapons, were able to escape into a transporter. Speculation is that these two humans escaped to a planet named Earth, forgetting everything but the animals with eyes holding intelligence once reserved for humans, remembered always as shifters.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a bit of history that will make it easier to understand the story.