Status: Writing in progress.

Save Me

But Baby Don't Cry.

I watched the sun set in over the horizon from the position I had been sat in for what must have been atleast 3 hours so. I took a moment to admire the firey glow that was given off by the setting rays, I sighed and picked myself up off the sand. I unwrapped my hoody which was knotted to my waist and pulled it over my head, I ruffled it out so the 'Pantera' logo wasn't so crumpled. I brushed the sand from my limp body and feet then dragged myself up to the entrance of the Pier and returned my shoes to their rightful place.

I looked down the long stretch of tarmac and noticed the atmosphere was still and quiet, the excited screams of children had long gone and the number of people surfing dropped by the second. The pubs and clubs weren't open until later on in the night so there was nobody in sight.

I began to take the long draining journey back the way I had came, the weeping willow tree in Central Park being my destination; my bed for yet again another night. I hung my head as I walked along the grey slabs of pavement. I thought of how much I missed my family, not the dead tortured family I supposedly had now, but the family I loved. The mother who would be there for me whenever I needed her, not the mother who had died of breast cancer when I was eight.

Then there was my dad, the dad that would scoop me up in his arms and treat me like his little princess. The one who would read me a bedtime story, and the one who would tell me that no person that made me cry was worth my tears. He also told me, the person who was actually worth my tears, wouldn't make me cry. I kicked the floor in frustration, what a load of lies that was! The only guy I trusted in my life was my dad, he was the only man who was worth my tears, but not anymore. He made my life a living hell on the day he started to abuse me. What had happened to him? He was so kind and caring; not anymore no, now he's just a sick beast, a psychopath the say the least.

I kept my head down as tears began to roll down my face. I thought of how he could do something so twisted and awful to someone of his own flesh and blood. The visions kept coming back and I tried so hard to get rid of them but nothing was working. Tears fell harder and my body was screaming at me to just breakdown. I fell to the floor motionless, sobbing so hard, taking irregular gasps of breath. I huddled into a ball and just stayed there crying harder and harder. I didn't care who saw me, nobody would care anyway.

My heart sank from a soft touch of my shoulder, the person's hand was cold; I dreaded it was a cop, or even worse, a social worker. I refused to lift my head, so I stayed put, still sobbing into my hands. I felt the figure crouch down next to me, before a low male voice broke the awkward silence.
"Hey, are you okay?" His words rang through my head, though I was unable to answer.

"Um, excuse me, are you okay?" His words repeatedly running around my head.

I shifted around before lifting my head out of my hands. I peered up to see a pair of emerald green eyes filled of concern looking at me. This guy looked about 28 and he had beautiful black hair, spiked in various places. He had sleeves of very colourful tattoo's and his bottom lip pierced in two places. He looked so kind and gentle.

"Y-y-eah, I'm fine" I sniffled, trying not to arouse too much concern.

"Are you sure?" He said, his hand still placed gently on my shoulder.

"I said I was fine, didn't I? Seriously you can go." I sobbed, brushing his hand from my shoulder and quickly picking myself up off the dirty floor.

I found myself in a familiar situation, running down a road toward Central Park, trying to escape everything.

I dropped myself down by the tall tree, and snuggled up in my hoody. I let out a heavy sigh and closed my eyes in an attempt to get at least a small amount of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who was the male trying to comfort Roxy, I wonder? Thank you so much for the feedback, it's really appreciated!