Status: Writing in progress.

Save Me

Trashed and Scattered.

I hadn't got much sleep before I was awake again. I peered around in the darkness. It couldn't have been that late, ten or eleven o'clock maybe? However, I was awoken by the shouting of drunken male voices. I looked ahead of me to see four tall well built figures, one other figure wasn't so tall and by rough estimations looked around five foot six inches. Even with them shouting, I couldn't over-hear their conversations because of the slurring of their words. I shuffled around to try and make my self unseen but just one wrong move changed everything, the crack of a twig I had stepped on caught the attention of one of the male figures.

He slowly walked towards me, tripping every now and again. My heart-beat fastened and my body buckled un-able to move. I had frozen to the spot. The worst thoughts were quickly entering my head. I'd had enough harassment to last me a lifetime, I wasn't prepared for another helping of it any time soon.

The figure of a young man approached me and grew bigger as he got nearer. An overwhelming feeling of déjá vu caught my attention, this guy seemed familiar to me, but why? The black hair, the two lip piercings, the tattoo sleeves. I went over in my head of how I could know this guy and then it dawned on me. This was the guy who had tried to comfort me previously in the day. I felt bad about how I had dealt with the situation, afterall he was only trying to check if i was okay. Though trust was a big downfall for me, all my trust had been washed down the drain. I had no trust for anyone.

He looked at me, holding a large bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand. I looked at him apologetically and shifted around a little.

"Hey, you're the girl from down town earlier" He stated.

"Ugh, yeah." I said, looking down at the floor.

"Are you okay now?" He asked concerned.

I smiled at him weakly and told him I was fine.

"Look, I'm sorry if I came across as rude earlier." I sighed.

He placed his JD down on the ground next to the tree and sat beside me.

"No worries, it's honestly fine" He said, flashing me a reassuring smile.

The friends he was with looked over in my direction, then returned to what they were doing. I saw the tallest of the group pick the short guy up behind his back. I wanted to laugh at the sight of the short one yelling to be put down, but I didn't think it was the right time. I turned back to the guy sitting next to me who was taking a swig from his Jack Daniels bottle. He looked at me and introduced himself.

"By the way, my name's Zacky" he said, attempting to hold out his hand for me to shake.

I shook it and replied.

"I'm Roxanne". He smiled at me, and pulled himself back up onto his feet ready to walk back towards his group.

"Well, Roxanne, I'd love to stay and chat but I had better go and save poor little Johnny over there. I'm glad that you're feeling a little better now. See you around!" He hauled himself up off of the floor and brushed the back of his jeans clean.

I smiled half-heartedly before shifting around to the other side of the tree where I couldn't be seen. Having just met Zacky, it seemed strange how I got a feeling of security beside him. It seemed silly. However, I shan't be letting my guard down too quickly but I'd hope to meet this guy again soon. Maybe, just maybe, luck had decided to take my side for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the chapter length. As you can probably tell, I'm not used to writing masses. However, I hope you're enjoying this story so far. Feedback would be much appreciated!