Status: Writing in progress.

Save Me

In Time, I'll Be Alright.

So I just sat there, staring blankly into space. Of course I felt a little insecure here but I was hoping with all my heart that the insecurity would soon fade away.

I was sat at the kitchen table in Zacky's very big and very expensive house. I knew nothing about him or what he was really like but none of that particularily mattered to me, I wasn't afraid.. not anymore.

I heard what seemed like the front door open and close again, the sound of faint clicks of heels on the hard wooden floor grew louder as a tall female figure with blonde hair appeared in the doorway. She was taken aback when she noticed me slumped down at the table. I flashed a weak smile at her before cupping my head back in my cold hands.

"Is there something I should know about here?" I heard her whisper to Zacky behind.

I heard the shuffling of feet untill the kitchen door closed behind me and everything now grew still and silent.

"You can't just bring a teenage girl in off the streets Zack what are you thinking?!" I heard the female whisper, though with a frustrated tone.

"She's homeless Gena, cut her some slack!" Zacky whispered back. I shifted in my seat a little, twiddling my fingers around my hair. I concentrated hard, still listening to the conversation.

Gena, as I am assuming is her name, stormed into the room making me jump from my position. She chucked the bags she had in her hands on the counter and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. It wasn't long after, that I heard the front door crash shut too. Zacky shuffled into the kitchen, scratching the back of his neck, Brian following in after him. He walked to the fridge and helped himself to two cans of Heineken. Zacky sat down at the table facing me, he smiled re-assuringly.

"I guess that didn't go too well.." I said, trailing off.

"Nah, she'll come round eventually." He insisted. I avoided eye contact with him for the most part.

"Pssh, women who needs 'em?" Brian said shrugging.

He quickly took a seat next to me at the table and faced me, an intrigued expression spreading across his face.

That was when the questions started. They wanted to know anything and everything about me. To my surprise, I told them everything.

Image

Brian stared at me, totally blown away by some of the things I had told him. Never before had I told anyone about my life story. Never before had I actually had anyone to tell it to. I just kept it to myself, bottled up inside. With my dad being arrested recently, I felt like a shaken up bottle of Pepsi, ready to explode any minute. It felt good to have told someone and strangely, felt even more relieving telling a complete stranger. Having told Brian, with Zacky listening in, I felt alone no longer, I felt afraid, no more.

“Who knew someone could actually go through so much alone and yet, still come out as strong as you? You’re a brave kid, Roxy.” Brian assured me.
Zacky gave me a sorry look, I smiled weakly.

“I can’t express how sorry I am to hear about your past Roxanne, I really can’t. I think it’s devastating how a girl as young an age as yours could possibly experience something as horrific and adverse as what you had to experience for 8 long years of your young life. I just want you to know, you can stay here for as long as you want.” Zacky offered sympathetically.

It brought tears to my eyes, listening to a stranger's sorrows for myself. The only person who had ever cared about me, was my mother.. Until she died. Since then, I must have been the most un-cared for teen living in Huntington. For a complete stranger, who I’ve known for only a few days, to even look at me twice was one thing, but for him to take me into his home and look after me was another. I felt truly amazed. I couldn’t thank Zacky enough for the immeasurable consideration and generosity he had given me.

Brian put his arm round me and pulled me into the side of his torso, comforting me as tears, one by one, began to stream down my face. I felt silly, crying on his shoulder, but it made me feel safe. I was letting out what I should have let out 8 years ago.

“Don’t worry kiddo, let it all out and leave all the cruel, sickening memories behind. This is only the beginning of your new life. Zacky and I will ensure your life is full of nothing but happiness from this day onwards, the least you deserve is happiness. You’re a strong character Roxy, we’ll help you through this, I promise, on behalf of the two of us.” Brian put his can of Heineken down and enclosed me into a gripped hug.

I hoped that he was true to his word. This really could be the beginning to the new life, I dreamt about finding. Maybe, just maybe, somebody up there is answering my prayers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short chapter to fill in for a bit. As always, feedback is much appreciated!