Status: Writing in progress.

Save Me

Another Thing About This Girl I Know..

"For fuck sake Gena! Why do you always do this?!"

I heard shouting coming from downstairs and jolted upright in bed. I looked at the clock to see that it was 11:00am. Gena had obviously made an appearence, much to my dislike.. and by the sounds of it; Zacky's too. I rubbed my eyes to wake myself up a little and just sat in bed, trying to listen to what was going on.

"Because you're useless Zack!" I heard Gena scream. I know you shouldn't judge people on first impressions and everything, but jeez this Gena sounds like a right cow.

"Useless?! ME?! Get a fucking grip Gena!" Zacky's voice was a lot quieter than Gena's, but he showed a lot of aggression.

"I told you to get rid of her, why is she still here?!" Gena, still screaming, sounded more and more pissed off by the second.

"Her name is Roxanne and you have no idea what she's been through! She has no parents, no home." Zacky was on the verge of shouting.

"Do I look like I give a damn?! I couldn't care less what she's been through or where she's come from! I just want the rat out of my house!" I heard what sounded like a handbag being slammed onto the table.

I slid out of bed and walked onto the landing and just perched myself on the top stair. No words had to be spoken to be able to feel the tension in the atmosphere. It was strangely scary. I listened some more.

"D'ya wanna know what I think Gena?" Zacky questioned.

No answer.

"I think that quite honestly, you should go fuck yourself. I've simply had enough of your shit, your lies and your cheap, cheating, selfish body. I want you out of MY house, for good. We're over. I never want to see your face again." Zacky was literally shouting his heart out, but I could sense that what he had said, would not be words of regret.

I heard a loud slap, quickly followed by the loud taps of heels on the laminate flooring and a sharp slam of the front door. I ran into Zacky's room and peered out of the window to witness a very angry Gena speed down the road in a flashy red car.

[img]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af32/understandreams/ist2_3797671-floral-dividers-1-6.jpg
[/img]

I ran downstairs into the kitchen to see a very pissed off Zack sat at the table fiddling with his left hand. I sat down gently beside him and gave him a concerned look.

"Don't worry, you don't have to explain, I heard it all.." I said.

"I'm so sorry you had to hear that Roxy, I really am." Zack said apologetically.

"Don't apologise! She deserved every word of that Zee." I rubbed his shoulder to show my sympathy.

He glared at his left hand, where dots of red were shining every time they caught the light.

"I punched the work surface when she left.." He explained.

"I can see that, silly! It looks painful, here, let me clean it up for you." I said, taking his hand gently. I examined it carefully, slowly moving each finger to make sure none were broken. Fortunately, it seemed he had just badly bruised his knuckles.

"It doesn't feel as if any are broken, just expect some very nasty bruising. You got a first aid kit round here?" I asked, searching the cupboards for anything I could use to clean up the blood.

"Umm, check the cupbo-" I cut him off.

"Ah, found it!" I grabbed the kit and took it over to the table. I wet a cloth and gently dabbed at the blood that was rapidly drying on each knuckle. I took out a bandage and wrapped it carefully around his hand, leaving enough room for movement and circulation.

"There, all fixed and on the road to recovery in no time!" I said smiling.

Zacky gave me a weak smile and thanked me.

"Where did you learn that to?" He asked.

"I've always been interested in the human body and how it works, though they teach you jack
all about it at school. My mum wasn't around to teach me and I hate my dad with a passion so I wouldn't go near him. I did jobs all around town, walked dogs, washed cars.. anything and everything, just to get some money to save up to participate in a first aid course. It took a hell of a long time to do and hours of work.. but I did it and eventually got my first aiders certificate." I explained.

Zacky looked impressed, it was nice to see him smiling again.

"Anyway, forget about me. I best go and get dressed, I'll be back down in an hour or so." I turned to walk out of the door when Zacky grabbed my arm.

"Thank you Roxanne, so much. When you come back downstairs, I think we ought to have a chat, me, you and the boys.. is that okay?" He asked.

I nodded, confused but returned to my journey upstairs nonetheless.

I took my time in the shower, a hell of a lot longer than I usually do. Will have to make up for the amount of water used somehow, I'm sure Zack won't mind. I took my time to reflect on the life I'm slowly being able to leave behind, yeah I'm gunna have the horrific memories, but not many people get a second chance to start over. I just hope to God that this is my second chance. I feel I could really make a family of Zack, Brian, Matt, Johnny and Jimmy.

I dried myself off, put on the same clothes I'd been wearing for what seemed like forever and put my hair up. I hated not having any spare clothes, no make up or straighteners.. it made me feel poor and ugly. I looked at myself in the mirror. I'd looked after myself well, considering being alone. I'd kept in shape and it wasn't like I had the ugliest of faces. I was average for a 16 year old, I'd say.

I made my way downstairs, where I could hear male voices bellowing out from the dining room. I walked through the kitchen and entered the dining room where the 5 guys clapped and cheered as I entered. I could feel myself burning up, especially not having any make up on, I must have looked like a beetroot.

"Shut up!" I whined and pulled my hood up over my head.

"Sit down squirt!" Demanded Johnny.

"Ughhh!" I sighed.

"What you doing with your hood up kiddo?" Asked Brian.

"I've got no make up on.." I complained.

Jimmy pulled my hood down quickly.

"Hey! Don't, I look gross!" I sighed.

"You don't look gross! You look amazing without make up on Rox!" Assured Matt. He was probably just saying that to make me feel better.

The rest of the boys nodded accordingly, which made me blush again. I slouched back in my chair, trying to hide from my embarrassment.

"So, what's going down now? What's with the group meeting?" I asked.

All 5 faces just stared at me, grinning like goons. Curiosity raced across my mind, I was intrigued..
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola! It's been so long! *hangs head in shame*. I'm so sorry! I've been M.I.A.
As it's the summer, I'll try and bring my stories back to life. Especially this one!
Hope this is enough to make up for lost time!
LOVEYOUALL!
:)x