‹ Prequel: Green Porcupine
Sequel: Meant to be

So Close Yet So Far

So close yet so far

After a day of shopping Bianca and Ramona dropped Cassie and Stella back at home the two of them went to pick up Josh.
"Oh Bianca, are you staying for supper?" May asks as she answers the door.
"I don't know, we . . ."
"Nonsense." She says as she waves to Ramona to come into the house. "Stay, we have plenty of food and your father is teaching Josh how to play chess."
"Chess?" Ramona asks about to burst out laughing, "Can he sit still long enough to learn?"
"That's what I said but apparently he can." May says as she practically pulls them into the house.

"Supper's almost ready." May says happily as she bustles around the kitchen. Bianca's cell phone starts ringing. She puts it to her ear.
"Hello."
"Hey Babe." Tre's voice blurts out. "Where are you?"
"My dad's."
"Are you coming home soon?"
"Uh not really, they've insisted we stay for supper." Bianca says laughing.
"Is that Tre, dear?" May asks as she looks out from the kitchen.
"Yeah."
"Tell him to come."
"Guess what you're being sucked into this family dinner too."
"Oh goody, what's on the menu?" Tre asks happily.
"Smells like spaghetti."
"Alright I'll be over there in about ten minutes." Tre says as he hangs up the phone.

"So Ramona, do you have a boyfriend or are you going to find one at your new school." Bianca's father asks.
"Yeah I do actually." She says cautiously.
"Is it driving your father nuts?" He teases.
"Yeah." Ramona says laughing.
"Who is he?"
"It's Billie Joe's son." Bianca says laughing.
"He's a good kid." He says nodding.

DING DONG!
"Daddy's here!" Josh yelps as he runs to the door.
"Hey kid-o, you haven't been causing trouble for you grandparents have you?"
"Nope, grandpa taught me how to play chess." Josh says proudly.
"Chess, huh?" Tre says as he enters the living room carrying Josh. "Hello ladies, how was your day of shopping."
"Great!" Ramona says happily.
"Good, good." Tre says as he puts down Josh and kisses Bianca. "Hello John."
"Hello son-in-law." Bianca's father says laughing.
"Oh hello Tre." May says happily as she goes to hug him.
"Awe May, you look immaculate." He says laughing.
"Oh you." May says blushing, "Come, come dinner's ready."

Everyone takes there seats in the dining room and serves themselves.
"So Ramona tells me she has a boyfriend." John says to Tre evilly.
"Yeah, juvenile delinquent." Tre mutters laughing.
"This is so is ironically funny." John says laughing. "Now you know how I felt when you started dating Bianca."
"Very funny." Tre mutters as he shoves a forkful of pasta in his mouth.
"So does he have anything unnerving about him? Green hair? Piercings?" May asks laughing.
"He has one ear piercing, dyes his hair black and it's too long for his own good." Tre says comically.
"Like you're one to talk Dad, his hair is only chin-length, yours was shoulder length. I've seen pictures!" Ramona says loudly.
"Shoosh you." Tre says laughing. "He's a good kid . . . . Most of the time."
"Dad!" Ramona says slightly annoyed.
"It's okay, I didn't approve of your dad till three days before they got engaged." John says laughing.
"Wow." Ramona says amazed.
"It's true, Tre was known as green haired guy who ate all our food." Bianca says laughing.
"It's true, I could always tell when he came over, because every bag of chips, cold cuts, bread, cookies would have disappeared." John says laughing.
"Now I think you're exaggerating." May says rolling her eyes.
"No, he's telling the truth." Tre says nodding.

"So Ramona, are you going to the same school as Joey?" May asks.
"Yup." Ramona says happily.
"Should send you to an all girls school." Tre threatens jokingly.
"What? Then I'd turn lesbo." Ramona says laughing.
"Lesbians don't get pregnant." Tre says evilly.
"Urgh Dad!"