‹ Prequel: Green Porcupine
Sequel: Meant to be

So Close Yet So Far

So close yet so far

"Should we wake them up?" Joey asks evilly.
"No, not yet." Ramona says as she runs up to her room, she returns moments later with her digital camera. "A picture for good ol Mikey." She presses the button on the top of the camera setting off the flash.
"What the fuck?" Jake mutters as he rubs his eyes. "HEY!"
"What?" Stella asks as she wakes up, "Oh fuck, this is not what it looks like."
"Sure it isn't." Joey says sarcastically.
"Just delete that picture." Stella says as she stands up.
"Nope, I think I'll send it to Mikey dearest." Ramona says as she runs off to her bedroom where her computer is, Joey follows behind and locks the door.
"If you send that I'll call Tre and tell him you and Joey were out all night!" Stella yells from the other side of the door.
"I'm sorry I can't hear you, I'm loading the picture onto my computer." Ramona calls out as Joey bursts out laughing.
"Joey, don't let her send that picture!" Jakob yells as he pounds on the door.
"Whoops my finger accidentally pressed the send button." Joey yells as he opens the door to Ramona's bedroom. Jakob leaps on him and starts punching his brother in the stomach.
"Don't worry, we didn't send it to Mike." Joey says as he pushes his brother off of him.
"What?" Jakob says suddenly paying attention.
"I sent it to Mom."
"You jerk!" Jakob yells as he pounces his brother.
"Get off me! You said not to send it to Mike and we didn't!" Joey yells as he fights off his brother.
"Mom's going to show him!" Jakob grunts with gritted teeth.
"Ramona how could you!" Stella yells angrily. "After you and Joey!"
"You teased us like crazy, and Jake tried to get Joey grounded by putting condoms in his room! I think this is only fair!" Ramona says as she pushes Jake and Stella out of the room.

"I think I better stay the night." Joey says seductively.
"Oh yeah, why's that?"
"Well, I feel that if I leave this room I'll get ambushed."
"You can handle Jakob." Ramona says as she steps forward towards Joey.
"Yeah true, but then if I'm not here to protect you, Estelle can attack you in your sleep." He says as he places his hands on the small of her back.
"So you're going to stay here and protect me?" Ramona asks, her lips less than an inch away from Joseph's.
"That's the plan." He says as his lips meet hers. They give way onto Ramona's bed and lips locked; Joey straddles his source of infatuation. Ramona gently presses against Joey's shoulders with the palms of her hands.

"What's wrong?" He asks maneuvering himself so he can kiss her neck.
"I-I can't do this." She mumbles. "Not yet anyway."
"Oh okay, I understand." Joey says as he gets off of her awkwardly. "Should I leave?"
"No, you can stay." Ramona says inviting him back to bed. "You can sleep over."

Ramona gets up and undresses from her jeans and t-shirt and replaces those clothes with boxer shorts and a tank top. She slips under the blankets next to Joey, who stripped down into his boxers.
"You okay?" he asks as he wraps his arms around her waist.
"Yeah." She says as she comforts herself in his arms, taking in his scent, his touch, his mere existence near her