‹ Prequel: Green Porcupine
Sequel: Meant to be

So Close Yet So Far

So close yet so far

The two weeks continued fairly routine, they went to school then went over to each others house to watch movies. Like they had the first night, they always slept over.

The morning everyone was supposed to come back Ramona wakes up in Joey's room alone. Joey walks into the room wearing only a pair of boxers.
"Hey, you're awake." He says as he slides into bed.
"Yeah." She says as she lays her head on his bare chest. "They're coming back today, I'm going to miss having you in bed with me."
"Awe, shucks." Joey says as he wraps his arms around her. "Yeah, I don't think I'll sleep the same alone."
"We're really sappy." Ramona says laughing.
"Yes, yes we are. I mean if we fucked around it wouldn't be so bad, but missing body warmth is sappy."
"Sappy isn't all bad."
"True."

*Meanwhile at Tre's House. *
"Wake up Jake." Stella says as she touches his arm.
"I'm awake."
"Do you know what time they're getting back?"
"Umm sometime this morning." Jakob says as he gets off the couch and stretches. "What time is it?"
"Around nine."
"Mmm, I remember my mom saying something about 9:30." The phone in the kitchen starts ringing. Jakob gets up to get it.
"No, if it's our parents then...."
"Right." Jakob says as he let's Stella get the phone.
"Hello."
"Stella, can I talk to Ramona?" Bianca asks.
"Oh, umm she's in the bathroom."
"Okay, well we just got through customs and we'll be home in about half an hour."
"Alright, see you then." Stella says nervously as Jakob sneezes.
"Who's there with you?"
"The boys just came over for breakfast, they got here just as the phone rang."
"Oh alright, did you make enough breakfast for the rest of us?"
"Yeah sure." Stella says awkwardly. "See you later." She hangs up the phone.

"They'll be here in about half an hour and we have to make breakfast." Stella says quickly. "It's our only alibi."
"Alright, I'll go wake up Ramona and my brother." He says as he heads for the stairs.
"No, they're at your house remember."
"Oh yeah." He picks up the phone and dials his phone number.

"Hello."
"Joe, get up."
"Later."
"No later, Mom and Dad are going to be here in half an hour."
"What?"
"Look at your clock dip-shit." Jake says aggravated.
"Oh fuck."
"You and Ramona better get over here soon or I'll alibi's crap."
"Me too?"
"Yeah Stella told them we came over for breakfast."
"Right." Joey says as he hangs up the phone.

Jake turns around to find Stella pulling a whole bunch of ingredients out of the cupboards.
"What are we making?"
"Umm pancakes." Stella says as she pulls out a large bowl, "I think I saw a recipe book in that cupboard." Jakob digs around the cupboard to find a notebook full of recipes, he flips through it until he finds the recipe for pancakes.
"Found it, now I have to go into Home Ec. Mode." He says as he reads over the ingredients. "They're missing an ingredient."
"What?"
"Chocolate chips." He says as he pulls a bag of chocolate chips out of the top shelf in the cupboard, "Pancakes are crap without chocolate."
"If you insist." Stella says rolling her eyes. They work quickly to get breakfast started.

"Hey how's it going?" Ramona asks as she walks into the kitchen with Joey.
"Umm okay, I think." Jake says as he attempts to flip a pancake.
"We're home!" Tre calls from the door.
"Wheee!" Josh and Travis yell as they run into the kitchen pretending to fly like superman.
"Gotcha." Joey says as he lifts Josh over his shoulder.
"Joeeeeeeyyyy, put me down." Josh says laughing as Joey carries him out of the busy kitchen, everyone else follows behind.
"Hey kids." Bianca says as she takes Josh from Joey.
"Did you behave boy-os." Billie asks as he goes to hug his two sons.
"Yeah, yeah." Jake says annoyed.
"So you and the Dirnt girl." His father teases.
"Yeah."

"Was Jakob nice or do I have to do something to him?" Mike asks as he hugs Stella.
"Dad."
"I'm just saying."
"Don't you trust your best friend's son?"
"No." Mike says laughing as he receives a glare from Billie Joe and Adie.

"I'm checking the liquor cabinet!" Tre announces.
"Dad, you let us drink." Ramona says rolling her eyes.
"Correction, we let you drink under supervision." Bianca says as she messes up Ramona's hair.