‹ Prequel: Green Porcupine
Sequel: Meant to be

So Close Yet So Far

So close yet so far

"So how was your evening?" Bianca asks Ramona the next morning.
"I had fun, except this guy named Sid kept hitting on me." Ramona says rolling her eyes.
"Well of course, you're the girl from out of town." Bianca says laughing.
"I figured that much." Ramona says pouring herself a bowl of cereal.
"SpongeBob's dumb, let me play video games." Frankito yells from the living room.
"No!" Josh yells back.
"Hey, if I hear anymore fighting the T.V. stays off!" Bianca calls out and the living room goes silent. "So you ready to go on tour?"
"Yeah, so are Franky and I the only ones going or what?" Ramona asks twitchily.
"No, Jakob, Joey and Estelle are going too. Then Adie, Cassie and I are coming in three weeks with Josh and Travis." Bianca says as she sips her coffee. "So tell me more about yesterday, are you and Joey going out or something?"
"Hell no, besides I think he has a girlfriend." Ramona says in a defensive tone.

*
"Joey! Jake! Are you ready to go?" Billie calls out through the house.
"Just a sec!" Joey calls down as he zips up his suitcase. He lugs his suitcase down the stairs followed by Jakob.
"Wet Willy!" Jakob yells as he slips his spit covered finger into his brother's ear.
"You're sick!" Joey yells angrily, as his little brother laughs hysterically.
"C'mon you two." Adrienne calls out. "Or you'll miss your flight."
"Coming!" the two boys yell as they shove at each other.

Everyone arrives at the airport around the same time.
"Let's board the shaft!" Tre yells as he leads Frankito and Ramona toward the gate where everyone else is waiting. Everyone struggles around each other to their seats.
"Hey Joey." Ramona says as she sits next to him.
"Oh hey Ramona, I guess we'll be sitting next to each other for this flight." He says nervously.
"Smoochie, smoochie smooch." Jakob whispers into Joey's ear, receiving a jab in the stomach for his taunts.
"So how's high school treating you?" Joey asks in a weak attempt to make conversation.
"Okay I guess, I kind of ended the year badly."
"What do you mean?"
"I, uh, mooned the security camera and got into shit for that." Ramona says slightly embarrassed. Joey bursts out laughing.
"I got in shit too, graffiti mainly." Joey says shrugging. "I wrote 'masturbating monkey room' across the doors of the bathroom stalls."
"Awesome, all the graffiti at my school is so-and-so loves so-and-so or 'person' was here." Ramona says rolling her eyes.
"See, I'm going to be there for the next few years, so that's kind of pointless and at the moment I'm not in love with anyone, hence my need for originality." Joey says shrugging his shoulders.
"In my case, all my friends started flipping off the new security camera and I really wanted to cause a scene so I mooned it, I sort of regret it now because my mom almost didn't let me come touring because of that." Ramona says, stressed out. "So Jakey how are you doing; got any girlfriends?"
"Yup, her name is Mel, she's really hot." He says proudly.
"Does this girl exist?" Ramona mumbles to Joey.
"They're just friends, I've never seen them kiss or hug or touch at all." Joey says in a mocking tone.
"Shut-up! I was about to ask her out but we're going on tour and I didn't want her to miss me, and basically I was just being considerate." Jakob says in a true bull-shitter way.
"Sure." Ramona says, rolling her eyes.