‹ Prequel: Green Porcupine
Sequel: Meant to be

So Close Yet So Far

Sooooooooo Cloose Yeeeeeet Sooooooo Faaaar

"So I heard Mike tried to set your shorts on fire." Ramona says on the way home from the airport.
"Yup, I'm telling you Mike really has issues with my shorts." Tre says laughing, "I told him about your excuses and he said to wear a green hair scrunchy instead."
"Ew! I much prefer the shorts to you with a scrunchy."
"I think Mike's the one with the issues." Tre says shaking his head, "So sad."
"Is he still attempting to set them on fire?"
"No, luckily Cassie was there to talk him out of it."
"In case he does try again remember, STOP! DROP AND ROLL!" Tre laughs.
"That boyfriend of yours was in distress without you. He reminds me a lot of his dad when he was a teenager."
"Really?"
"Yeah, he planned out three separate tours to run through Minnesota just so he could see Adie."
"That's so cheesy."
"Feel free to bug him about it."
"Nah, or else he'll bring up some stories about you and Bianca that I could live without hearing."
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." He says shifting his eyes. "Oh look we're home!"
"Hmm changing the subject, I suspect it's druggy stories you're covering up."
"Drugs! Well I never!"
"That's bull and you know it." Ramona teases as she gets out of the car.
"Were you there?" Tre challenges as he pops open the trunk.
"Bianca told me that's why she broke up with you."
"Uhh, uhh, it was a, a, a none of your business, all you need to know is drugs are bad!" Ramona laughs as her father carries her suitcase into the house.

"Ramona!" he two younger brothers screech as they practically tackle her to the ground.
"Hey you two." She says regaining her balance. "You stayed out of my room... Right?" the two boys nod.
"Hey Mona, how was your trip?" Bianca asks as she gives her step-daughter a hug.
"It was good, I had fun."
"That's great, did your father tell you Joey missed you like crazy?"
"Yeah, he did. I think I'll go see him now."
"Alright, be home for supper, Joey can stay for supper too."
"Okay." Ramona says heading out the door.

She walks the few blocks to Joey's and gets there just as Billie Joe is about to leave.
"Hey Ramona, Joey's inside." He says heading to his car, "I'm just going to pick up Adie."
"Alright. See you later." She says as she heads into the house.

"Joey?" she calls through the house.
"Ramona, is that you?" he asks quizzically from the next room. He sees that its her and runs to wrap his arms around her and kiss her soft lips.
"So I heard you missed me." she says smirking.
"Well you know."
"No I don't."
"You'll think I'm pathetic if I tell you." he says taking her hand and leading her to his room.
"I've known you since we were in diapers, if I don't think you're pathetic by now, I don't think it'll happen." He laughs as they sit on his bed. Ramona slings her arms around his neck and starts kissing his lips more intently.

"Is Jakob home?" she asks as they move so that Joey is lying on his back and Ramona is craned over him.
"Uh I think so, why?" he says desperate to lock lips with her again.
"Want to know if we should expect and disturbances." Her lips go crashing against his as he rolls her over so she's on her back. The front door is heard being shut and like a gun shot the two separate and rush over to the window.

"Your parents can't be back already, it's at least a half hour's drive to the airport, not counting traffic." Ramona gibbers as they fail to see Billie Joe's car.
"It was probably nothing." Joey coos as he pulls his girlfriend back to his bed. He holds onto her hips as they kiss deeply. Ramona pulls away. "What's wrong?" he asks tilting his head to look at her.
"I'm a little on edge now."
"Okay, do you want to watch TV or something?"
"Yeah, okay." The two of them head down to the living room finding it barren.

Barren until they see two bodies making out on the couch.
"Whoa!" Joey says as he and Ramona realize it's Jakob and Stella.
"Oh fuck." Stella says embarrassed as she pushes Jakob away from her and straightens out her shirt.
"I thought you two were broken up?" Ramona says in disbelief.
"We were, but then we weren't." Jakob says glancing at his girlfriend.
"You've lost me." Joey says rolling his eyes.
"Well we were broken up, for like a month then last week when Jakob came with your dad to my house when they had band practice-"
"Didn't they notice?!" Ramona exclaims.
"No because when they left to go downstairs Travis was in the living room with us, then Travis went to play in his room, we..... Got back together..... We separated, Travis came back into the living room and our dads came upstairs from practice."
"Fucking lucky." Joey mutters under his breath.
"So you were planning on sneaking around? Because in case you haven't noticed that hasn't exactly worked out in the past."
"Umm, umm, well we didn't really-" Jakob stutters.
"Yeah, okay we're just going to leave." Joey says taking Ramona's hand.
"Let's just go back to my house." She mumbles he nods.
"Use a condom!" Joey yells before the two slam the door behind them.

"Is anyone home at your place?"
"Yeah, everyone."
"Awe." Joey whines.
"You're too horny." She snickers.
"No, I'm making up for lost time."
"Yeah whatever." She says stopping him and pulling him by his shirt into a passionate kiss.
"I suspect you're just as horny as I am."
"Really, I guess I hide it better."
"You shouldn't hide things." He says pulling her into another kiss.