‹ Prequel: Green Porcupine
Sequel: Meant to be

So Close Yet So Far

So Close Yet So Far

"Can't you move it? Any other day, urgh fuck." Billie mutters as he closes his cell phone, nearly breaking it in the process.
"What's up?" Joey asks seeing the state of his father.
"We got another Adeline press dealy and charity ball." He mutters.
"So?"
"On your birthday."
"Dad, it's okay, I'm going out with Ramona that night anyway."
"Yeah okay, I guess." He says rubbing his face, "Oh god, this week is so hectic, we have to go back on tour and everything."
"Can I come touring?"
"Uhh don't you have midterms?"
"Exactly." He says laughing.
"You're not missing midterms." Billie Joe says strongly.
"Awe, c'mon you didn't even finish high school."
"Yeah, but Mike did." Billie gibbers, "And if music didn't work out, he'd be my sugar daddy."
"Urgh. That's nasty." Joey says laughing.
"You can come during spring break."
"But that's like a month away."
"Well then, you're have midterms to distract you until then." He says messing up his son's hair.
"Yeah, yeah, you think you're funny but you really aren't."
"I love you too!" Billie says cheesily.

Ramona arrives at the Armstrong house and Adie is getting ready frantically.
"Adrienne, chill, you look fine." Billie insists as he looks at his watch nervously.
"To you I do." She mumbles as she puts the backing onto one of her earrings. "Oh hi Ramona, I didn't see you there."
"Jakob!" Billie Joe calls through the house. "Do you still need a lift?"
"Uhh yeah." He says pushing past Ramona to get to his shoes.

"Oh hey." Joey says coming down the stairs, "I didn't hear you come in."
"Yeah, so do you want to go?" she asks feeling overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle.
"Oh isn't that sweet, you're girlfriend drives you." Jakob mocks.
"Only till Friday." Joey mutters, "And at least I have a girlfriend."
"Hey! I'm going over to Mike's now to try to win her back."
"Win her back?" Ramona says disgusted, "If you're going to objectify her then you don't deserve her."
"She's right!" Adie calls out from the bathroom.
"Well let's go." Ramona says as she heads for the door.
"Good bye parents and kid brother!" Joey calls out as they head out to Tre's car which Ramona so nicely borrowed.

"So umm where are we going?" Joey asks as they get into the car.
"Where do you want to go?"
"I heard there's something going on at the pier." He says shrugging.
"Alright." She turns the corner and heads toward the beach. "Where were your parents going all dressed up and stuff."
"Adeline press release in San Francisco." He says casually, "Followed by a charity ball."
"Oh okay, so basically they're out for the night?" she says as they near the beach.
"Umm yeah." He says not sure what his girlfriend is getting at.

The two of them get to the pier and the music is booming from the live concert on the beach. They spend a better part of the evening rocking out to the local bands playing.
"I have your gift." Ramona states as she pulls Joey away from the crowd.
"You didn't have to-"
"I wanted to." she says leading him back to the car. They sit in the car and she hands him a present. He unwraps the small package.
"Panty hose." He says laughing, "Well it's what I asked for."
"That's not all." She reaches to get something in the back seat. "This is your real gift."
She pulls out a slightly larger gift. He unwraps it to find it's a rare Misfits vinyl album.
"How-how did you get this?" Joey asked, he'd been a Misfits fan since he was three.
"I have a friend back in New York, he father owns a head shop." She puts her lips near his. "I may have called in a favour or two." She says as their lips crash against each other.
"I love it." He says as their kiss intensifies, "I love you." Ramona stops for a moment in pure shock of his words.
"I love you too." She says affectionately going back to kissing him. They stay there, lips locked for a while until Ramona pulls away.

"Let's go back to your house?"
"Yeah okay." She puts her key in the ignition and they drive back to the Armstrong house. They make it to the dark house in only a matter of minutes. They pile out of the car and into the house.
"So, umm what do you want to do?" Joey asks casually as they make their way deeper into the house.
"Let's go up to your room." She says smiling; he smiles back as he realizes what was about to take place. She takes the lead up the stairs and down the hall. She stops at the doorway of his room and turns around and starts kissing him passionately. They stumble over to his bed and that's where it hits him.
"Ramona, I don't want to rush you into anything when I said I wanted you-"
"It's okay, I'm ready." She says kissing his lips again, "Do you have a condom?"
"Uh yeah." He reaches over to the drawer on his nightstand and pulls one out as he removes his shirt and tosses it to the floor.

As they continue to kiss intensely, their chests start heaving against each other as Joey's hands move up her shirt to remove it, her bra follows to the floor. Her hands move along the waist of his pants pulling them down slowly, feeling his hardening member on her leg. Joey moves smoothly to unbutton her jeans and slide them down and off her legs.